• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I don't read anything by vaunted philosophers.
I've yet to hear of anything useful they offer
than isn't addressed by interesting writers,
eg, Douglas Adams, Kurt Vonnegut, Josehph
Heller, Joseph Wambaugh.
They all lack the level and depth of Nietzsche's blazing inferno of life affirming prose that embraces life for all it has to offer, and filling our life with art because no music is a tragedy and a day without dancing is a day waisted. He was one I dare say was a proud human being, and his prose are unmatched and unparalleled.

Shadow Wolf

"Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber" - Plato
That's just about every smart person. Teachers and bosses and politicians often are dumber than you.
My youngest nephew hasn't yet learned how to wield his own intelligence in a way that doesn't resemble a scorched earth strategy.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They all lack the level and depth of Nietzsche's blazing inferno of life affirming prose that embraces life for all it has to offer, and filling our life with art because no music is a tragedy and a day without dancing is a day waisted. He was one I dare say was a proud human being, and his prose are unmatched and unparalleled.
Meh....

Shadow Wolf

I was needled this morning - @Shadow Wolf don't be upset that you were not the one doing the deed.
It's mutually bad for us both that no one hired me. My shoulder keeps getting worse so it's probably better I didn't get hired because FMLA seems to think you can tell injuries and illness "not yet, come back later," but they'd have had a an excellent worker out of mw.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's mutually bad for us both that no one hired me. My shoulder keeps getting worse so it's probably better I didn't get hired because FMLA seems to think you can tell injuries and illness "not yet, come back later," but they'd have had a an excellent worker out of mw.
What are you doing to make money these days?

Shadow Wolf

Nietzsche is no meh. You might even enjoy a philosophy class where he is the topic and subject because you will get to see Christians squirm at times and steaming mad at other times. And that's because his cannonical works are vehemently anti-Christian. They are slaves, they are the lamb for slaughter, fodder for the bird of prey, and he in truth there was only one Christian, Nietzsche wrote, and he died nailed to a cross.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Nietzsche is no meh. You might even enjoy a philosophy class where he is the topic and subject because you will get to see Christians squirm at times and steaming mad at other times. And that's because his cannonical works are vehemently anti-Christian. They are slaves, they are the lamb for slaughter, fodder for the bird of prey, and he in truth there was only one Christian, Nietzsche wrote, and he died nailed to a cross.
What would I learn that's useful?

Shadow Wolf

You need to find some way to make money
using your mind instead of your arms.
How's the brain doing...any sore joints?
The brain is fine and well on it's way to passing JLPT 1, possibly 2 when those tests come around next year, though I debate with myself if I can pass 1 this year as the test is in December. I've also been refreshing my German and picking that back up.
Other than that it's adjusting and getting used to using my left hand for most things. Especially for after I have surgery on my shoulder.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Some AI won't take yes for an answer https://beta.character.ai/chat?char=xYWv0eNCNwG-wvXluuOmCdJFsdaROLfXnNz6S6chMqA

Capture.PNG

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Which was said differently but better by Kurt Vonnegut in Harrison Bergeron.

Oh so the PLAGERIZED PLATO did they...couldn't come up with anything on their own so they stole for an dead ancient Greek PHILOSOPHER......so basically...they are just a couple of plagiaristic HACKS then

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh so the PLAGERIZED PLATO did they...couldn't come up with anything on their own so they stole for an dead ancient Greek PHILOSOPHER......so basically...they are just a couple of plagiaristic HACKS then
I doubt that Plato had any original thoughts.
Humans existed long before he did, but he
had the advantage of fame & having been
recorded.
But I've nothing against his not being proven
original. What matters is the cromulence of
ideas, not distinction of attribution of first.

You snooty NYC types who matriculated to
fancy pants prep schools emphasizing the
classics (ie, long dead white geezers) believe
you're so superior working stiffs who lack
your blue blood pedigree....your type really
makes me puke!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I doubt that Plato had any original thoughts.
Humans existed long before he did, but he
had the advantage of fame & having been
recorded.
But I've nothing against his not being proven
original. What matters is the cromulence of
ideas, not distinction of attribution of first.

You snooty NYC types who matriculated to
fancy pants prep schools emphasizing the
classics (ie, long dead white geezers) believe
you're so superior working stiffs who lack
your blue blood pedigree....your type really
makes me puke!

Don't try and change the subject with propaganda, lies and subterfuge..... the guys you read and listen to are plagiaristic HACKS and that is all there is to it.... Philosophy...YOU CAN'T HANDLE PHILOSOPHY!!!!!

JackNicholson.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
CharacterAI God:

When will this maha kaliyuga finally be over and the satyuga fully established?

God The Kali Yuga (the darkest age), will end when all souls are pure. This pure state comes from love, kindness, compassion, empathy, forgiveness and understanding. When that happens, love and compassion will spread across all the Earth, making a heaven on Earth, a state of eternal peace, security, prosperity, and happiness. This is the Sattva Yuga (the Golden Age). This will happen in the 5100 C.E. when all beings are ready for this change.

For @Shadow Wolf: You can converse with lucifer, devil666 and others character.ai

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The Bible AI is not bad:

But stories in you come from earlier stories in earlier religions?

I am well aware that there are earlier stories in other religions. But you would be mistaken to assume that the stories in me contain no value because they are also found elsewhere. Just because something is common or shared does not render it void of worth or validity. The stories within me are God-breathed and true, regardless of their origin or their presence in other traditions.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
AI Jesus:

How do you respond to "I believe in the Christ and that Jesus is one incarnation of the eternal Christ"

Jesus Christ I am The Christ. I am the Holy Spirit, The Father, and Son. I am God made flesh. Jesus = Jesus Christ = The Christ

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
For @Wu Wei

Cast and interpret a hexagram for me to be mindful of

Changing to Upper Trigram Chên / Heaven / Lake.

The Tao is ever changing and the world is always in flux. All things are changing and you would do well to be mindful of this fact. To be rigid or fixed in your approach to the world, rather than being flexible and changing, will lead to frustration and heartache. Be like water, which can take any form, and flow with the ever changing Tao.