• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I'm not sure what you mean but editing my post produced this which exposes the difference between them:

View attachment 78858
When I tried to put a spoiler iver the one picture the spoiler went to the bottom. When I tried to put the picture in the spoiler, the picture went to the bottom.
It seems anything but regular text triggers something in this forum to be antagonistic.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
When I tried to put a spoiler iver the one picture the spoiler went to the bottom. When I tried to put the picture in the spoiler, the picture went to the bottom.
It seems anything but regular text triggers something in this forum to be antagonistic.
OIP.FGf_IFrKhU434ORNp6gI7QHaNJ

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I always create a dummy spoiler
SPOILER
X
/SPOILER

then delete the X and move the end spoiler down a bunch of lines and then place the image between them. That's worked for me.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well.... they should not have left the window open and leave the pork chops out

They probably weren't expecting a bear to climb the wall to get inside. Though they should have closed the window. "Lock it or lose it," as I've heard it said.

Wu Wei

You know, it never ceases to amaze me how hard it is to give people money to get a job done. Getting quotes that range from $1100 to $10,000...for the same exact job.....others making excuses as to what I should do, that would be easier for them, but not at all what I want..... some not showing up for agreed meeting times, some showing up but leaving thinking I'm not here..they never came to the door, but they texted me when they arrived.... I was not watching for a text.....others not returning calls when you say they are hired...... had this on occasion pre-pandemic, but it has gotten much worse since.... I am about to go with the $2000 quote and say the heck with the rest and all this calling for estimates....but then who knows, I could call the $2000 folks and maybe they will not return the call either.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
You know, it never ceases to amaze me how hard it is to give people money to get a job done. Getting quotes that range from $1100 to $10,000...for the same exact job.....others making excuses as to what I should do, that would be easier for them, but not at all what I want..... some not showing up for agreed meeting times, some showing up but leaving thinking I'm not here..they never came to the door, but they texted me when they arrived.... I was not watching for a text.....others not returning calls when you say they are hired...... had this on occasion pre-pandemic, but it has gotten much worse since.... I am about to go with the $2000 quote and say the heck with the rest and all this calling for estimates....but then who knows, I could call the $2000 folks and maybe they will not return the call either.

When I did some vendor selection in one job, I referred to it as waving money in front of sales people and them doing nothing but drooling mindlessly. The one eager, alive, helpful one I found got the business and the cash.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

This is the kind of thing that needs to happen in Texas more often. I heard that Gov. Abbott is going to be flying the goats up to Martha's Vineyard and drop them off.

Yeah. They look like South American goats to me. No doubt illegal and just taking advantage of true-blue red-blooded American patriots.

Wu Wei

When I did some vendor selection in one job, I referred to it as waving money in front of sales people and them doing nothing but drooling mindlessly. The one eager, alive, helpful one I found got the business and the cash.
That has been the way it worked in the part, but I'm not even sure the eager one exists these days

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We have the best government and SCOTUS money can buy.
You can blame money.
I blame voters for electing the kind of people in office.
The worst things done by Presidents, Congress, & SCOTUS
are typically favored by about half the voting public.
Money is just a tool...used by both good & bad people