• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Tomorrow the one blood center will either be calling me for a second interview or they won't. I should also be getting a call if I call if I can sell my plasma or not. And I'll getting a call to apply for federal disabilities. And I found I just really do not want to go on disabilities. My options are limited, but even being more disabled than damn near everybody I know on disabilities to me it seems like defeat. I'm too stubborn and too proud to give in. And as such I'd rather leave the normal working world on my own terms.

Shadow Wolf

How do you try to learn it.
By "actually learn it" I mean picking up a book, using software, going by courses meant to teach you.
But what I've been absorbing has just been mostly reading subtitles and signs with the English version next to it. Sometimes listening, but that depends on the speaker. A Mexican born-and-raised Hispanic tends to be very difficult for me to understand, but their American born and raised counterparts, those who speak Spanish in a way that more resembles English in flow and pauses between words, I can understand them way easier.
I stumbled badly when I took German in college because memorizing lists of words and learning weird rules did not capture my attention.
To me German isn't too bad. Book learning got me through to where I can speak basic conversation level stuff with Germans (and get told my German is very American).
But I easily learned some words and a few short phrases when I was in Japan and India.
Japanese has gotten hard. Not terribly difficult, but hard enough to get frustrated over how they conjugate verbs. I never knew a language could have the conjugated bit be several times longer than the stem of the verb being conjugated. Weak and strong verbs don't exist. And while they may have fewer cases than English and German, it doesn't make it any easier. This one I'm definitely going to have to start watching things like kid shows to help give me a boost in understanding how it goes.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Screenshot_20230709_222930_Facebook.jpg

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
In one thread, they're engrossed in a discussion on foreskins, and in another one, it's about pooping in public restrooms. At least this thread isn't like that.

Shadow Wolf

The blood center hasn't called or emailed me.
But the lady who did my thing for disabilities said I should be able to qualify for full disabilities.
I also realized the tax deadline extension is drawing near and I can't put it off until after a surgery the ***** *** surgeon said I don't need.

Shadow Wolf

"And please tell our listening audience, just what would you have done with that rhinoceros if you had caught it?"
Makes me wonder. And seriously so. Dachshunds were, after all, bred to hunt badgers and the name translates to badger-dog.
Probably not much, but maybe that temper of theirs will see some damage done.