• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Watching a Jurassic Park movie....and I admit I can be a little slow on the uptake, but I realized all the Jurassic park movies are pretty much the same thing..... humans do something stupid with Dinosaurs, dinosaurs get loose (or are loose), chase humans, kill and eat some humans, some humans escape....

jurassic-park-jurassic.gif
Pretty much, just missing the part if Jeff Goldblum apparently being the only one who's actually thought about ethics.

Shadow Wolf

Lots of movie plots maybe all get old after a few decades.
It only took me a couple before I got tired of seeing the same thing over and over and over and over again and again and again.
But the Jurassic Parks are basically all the same, with Jurrasic World being the same plus including society's pukey, gaggy military fetish.

Shadow Wolf

I somehow missed Jackie Brown all these years. For a Tarantino flick I truly expected more characters to be dead, with many more I thought for sure would be killed off during the movie's rising action and climax.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
all the Jurassic park movies are pretty much the same thing..... humans do something stupid with Dinosaurs, dinosaurs get loose (or are loose), chase humans, kill and eat some humans, some humans escape....
That is identical to the Deep Blue Sea film, except its about genetically enhanced sharks. That one had me stepping out of the theater.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Sydney resident Tim Shaddock, 51, and his dog Bella left Mexico for French Polynesia in April, but their boat was damaged by a storm several weeks later.

They were rescued by a trawler this week after a helicopter spotted them.

The doctor aboard the tuna trawler told Australia's 9News that the man had "normal vital signs".

Mr Shaddock embarked on his more than 6,000km-long (3,728-mile) voyage from Mexico's city of La Paz - but soon became stranded after his vessel's electronics were cut off by bad weather.

It left the sailor and his dog drifting in the vast and hostile North Pacific ocean.

Shadow Wolf

What about Sea Monster movies like Leviathan or 10000 Leagues Under the Sea ir Scooby Goes to the Beach...no thats probs a shark movie ..
There was some swamp or lagoon or some other aquatic monster movie I watched on Svengoolie once, and that monster as well went kabloowey at the end.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I wonder if this trick would work on @ChristineM ?

(WARNING: This is a serious historical article. Those looking for humor or even humour should ignore the link):

When kittens defeated the mighty Ancient Egyptian army

The Battle of Pelusium, a lesser-known confrontation in ancient warfare, is as intriguing as it is significant. It was not merely a clash of two mighty empires, Persia and Egypt, but also a testament to the cunning and strategic brilliance of Cambyses II, the Persian king.

This battle, fought in 525 BC near the city of Pelusium, now in modern-day Egypt, marked the beginning of Persian rule over Egypt.

However, what sets this battle apart from many others in antiquity is not just its political and historical implications, but the unusual strategy employed by the Persians - the use of cats, animals held sacred by the Egyptians, as a psychological weapon.

egyptian-cat.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

I do like M&S food and clothing, known for quality. They don't ship food to france unfortunately, though.they do ship clothing. I usually wind up placing a couple of orders a year. Their bras are excellent (and comfortable)

ChristineM

Premium Member
I wonder if this trick would work on @ChristineM ?

(WARNING: This is a serious historical article. Those looking for humor or even humour should ignore the link):

When kittens defeated the mighty Ancient Egyptian army

The Battle of Pelusium, a lesser-known confrontation in ancient warfare, is as intriguing as it is significant. It was not merely a clash of two mighty empires, Persia and Egypt, but also a testament to the cunning and strategic brilliance of Cambyses II, the Persian king.

This battle, fought in 525 BC near the city of Pelusium, now in modern-day Egypt, marked the beginning of Persian rule over Egypt.

However, what sets this battle apart from many others in antiquity is not just its political and historical implications, but the unusual strategy employed by the Persians - the use of cats, animals held sacred by the Egyptians, as a psychological weapon.

egyptian-cat.jpg
Informative

ChristineM

Premium Member
I have a confession to make:
Reading the Man in the High Tower as I am now is the first Philip K Dick book I've read. And a thought provoking read it has been so far.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Eheep is the basis of Blade Runner

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I do like M&S food and clothing, known for quality. They don't ship food to france unfortunately, though.they do ship clothing. I usually wind up placing a couple of orders a year. Their bras are excellent (and comfortable)
I had not realized they were a UK company.

Shadow Wolf

Do Androids Dream of Electric Eheep is the basis of Blade Runner
That I know. It's rather an anomaly I haven't read him prior to this. And many of my favorite books I watched the movie/TV show as that was my introduction to those stories.
So far I think I may end up liking the show more, but it's Ridley Scott so there's no shame at any level of that. Amd the show, in a bizarre twist, is explaining and showing more.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

I still think it's weird anyone thinks I'm from the South. Not so much Texas, which is extremely bizarre for people around the world to think that, because I've been there enough times to hear the similarities in rate of speech, but the state I was born in. I usually just say I'm from the MidWest, which is basically true, but where I was born is the Ozarks part of a state south of the Macy Dixon and with star on the Confederate flag. But it never actually did get to succeed because though it was planned and very late in the Civil War, a Republican insurrection happened to overthrow the Democrat Government and thus preventing the succcession. And then it became a hotbed for the Klan.
But I may be an unusual and rare specimen from from the MidWest, that's basically where I'm from and people saying the South weirds me out.