• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Did not know this was even possible...but I went and did it.... I sprained my clavicle

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It is interesting watching the seeds of terrible, aweful tragedy, the nightmare of all parents, grow in a Nazi family that has been very humanized amd portrayed as exceptional citizens who outshine the Beavers. Amd it's the Nazi policies they swear loyalty unto death that is the root of the tragedy.
But if you can watch it like it Eric Cartman would, it's a schadenfreude's delight laughing at dad. Kind of like the first episode of Black Mirror just makes me laugh.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
It is interesting watching the seeds of terrible, aweful tragedy, the nightmare of all parents, grow in a Nazi family that has been very humanized amd portrayed as exceptional citizens who outshine the Beavers. Amd it's the Nazi policies they swear loyalty unto death that is the root of the tragedy.
But if you can watch it like it Eric Cartman would, it's a schadenfreude's delight laughing at dad. Kind of like the first episode of Black Mirror just makes me laugh.
rzhtb8hfkov81.jpg

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

They are descendants of a group a backyard breeder illegally let loose when she moved away two years ago.

“They really need to be rescued. So we’ve tried to get the city to do it, but they’re just dragging their feet,” Griggs said. “They think that if they do that, then they’ll have to get rid of iguanas and everything else that people don’t want around.”

Monica Mitchell, whose East Coast Rabbit Rescue would likely lead the effort, said capturing, treating and finding homes for them “is not an easy process.” Few veterinarians treat rabbits and many prospective owners shy away when they find out how much work the animals require. Griggs agreed.

1689641477061.png

“Domesticated (rabbits) released into the environment are not equipped to thrive on their own,” said Eric Stewart, executive director of the American Rabbit Breeders Association. He said the breeder who released them should be prosecuted, a path the city has not pursued.

A large group of rabbits gathered on the driveway of Gator Carter, who puts out food for them. He said the lionheads bring the neighborhood joy, and his two young grandchildren love giving them carrots.

“People drive by, stop, love ’em, feed ’em,” Carter said. “They don’t bother me. We have a couple Airbnbs on the island here and the people (guests) are just amazed that the rabbits come right up to them.”

But Jon King said he wants the rabbits gone soon. They dig in his yard and he spent $200 repairing his outdoor lights after they damaged the wiring. He bought rabbit repellent, but that didn’t work, and his little dog doesn’t scare them: “He’s their best friend.”

“Every morning, I get up and first thing I do is cover up the holes and chase them out of the backyard. I like them, I just wish they would go somewhere else,” King said. “Rescue would be great.”

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner