• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Pretty much, they aren't brainwashed with the red anti sex rhetoric. Or the church anti sex rhetoric.
If you pay attention to commericals you'll see sex almost everywhere. There are exceptions such as the Subaru dog commercials which we watch and there's fear and anger promoting political commercials but lust is way up there to get people to buy things.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
If you pay attention to commericals you'll see sex almost everywhere. There are exceptions such as the Subaru dog commercials which we watch and there's fear and anger promoting political commercials but lust is way up there to get people to buy things.

But you're in California...

Sex shouldn't be a too to get you to part with your money.

Whatever, Americans (most Americans anyway) are pretty uptight about sex. Particularly in the red states and bible belt.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
But you're in California...

Sex shouldn't be a too to get you to part with your money.

Whatever, Americans (most Americans anyway) are pretty uptight about sex. Particularly in the red states and bible belt.
A LOT of people may tsktsk about it in public, but in private it's quite different, And I'll post this:

img.php

ChristineM

Premium Member
A LOT of people may tsktsk about it in public, but in private it's quite different, And I'll post this:

img.php

So the anti abortion, anti LGBTQ, removing books from schools, restricting sex education etc are nothing to so with sex.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
So the anti abortion, anti LGBTQ, removing books from schools, restricting sex education etc are nothing to so with sex.
That's the public hypocrisy

By exact age 44, 99% of Americans had had sex, 95% had had sex before marriage, and 85% had married. At that age, 3.3% had abstained until marriage, and 1.3% had neither married nor had sex. Trends in Premarital Sex in the United States, 1954–2003

A Record Number Of Americans, Including Republicans, Now Support Same-Sex Marriage

Also, a loud minority make a lot of noise and browbeat some into doing what the groups want.

ChristineM

Premium Member
That's the public hypocrisy

By exact age 44, 99% of Americans had had sex, 95% had had sex before marriage, and 85% had married. At that age, 3.3% had abstained until marriage, and 1.3% had neither married nor had sex. Trends in Premarital Sex in the United States, 1954–2003

A Record Number Of Americans, Including Republicans, Now Support Same-Sex Marriage

Also, a loud minority make a lot of noise and browbeat some into doing what the groups want.

Oh the statistics for teen pregnancy, rape, stds etc is very much higher in those hypocritical states.

And they do shout loudest.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Sexual attractiveness also directly controls a persons value. If you are good looking, smooth, young you benefit. In a culture like ours where relationships are not arranged this matters. We identify ourselves with those of similar attractiveness and to products that subconsciously ( I think ) represent our level or group.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
No, you don't. Not like other countries. Here you see prudish censors and awkwardness. Australia? They've had a Heineken commercial about sharing with a friend and sharing a friend.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Days and times like this I miss my old back patio at my old house.... patio with a roof over it, with adirondack chairs.... I'd sit there, relax, watch the rain, and drink coffee...or tea...

Its raining and I'm drinking coffee...but my back deck has no roof.....:(

ChristineM

Premium Member
Days and times like this I miss my old back patio at my old house.... patio with a roof over it, with adirondack chairs.... I'd sit there, relax, watch the rain, and drink coffee...or tea...

Its raining and I'm drinking coffee...but my back deck has no roof.....:(

Ever considered a large umbrella?

Our veranda does have a roof and during the rain this morning i sat out with my coffee. Very nice it was

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Ever considered a large umbrella?

Our veranda does have a roof and during the rain this morning i sat out with my coffee. Very nice it was
usually to much wind, and not the same, old patio looked into my backyard....deck looks at the neighbors back yard and thier deck

ChristineM

Premium Member
usually to much wind, and not the same, old patio looked into my backyard....deck looks at the neighbors back yard and thier deck

You always have to spoil a good idea with reality.

Buy a tent, set it up on the deck and go inside the tent to relax with your coffee. No ugly views then in fact no view...