• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
d5180c0d72db24059c28d0b660366237.jpg
5b9d641512841fdfa6daf1faf890597e.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
This list of things to fix on my mom's van has been a tauntfest against me as I keep needing things I don't have. And the upper intake manifold gaskets have been added.
All together the list of things I've done;
Changed radiator
Changed thermostat
Changed water pump
Changed some tubes and added clamps
Changed rear brakes and rotors
Changed front brakes and control arms
Changed spark plugs and wires
Changed motor mounts
Changed valve cover gaskets
Changed upper intake manifold gaskets
Changed oil pan gasket
Changed windshield wipers
Replace a missing stud to a rear wheel
Today I got two of the four motor mounts and the valve gaskets done.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I've also learned a new depth of depraved laziness and abject ****tiness of my dad's mechanic "ability." Half the spark plugs I can spin out with my fingers. He actually at some point changed the front valve cover gasket but not the rear. That gasket turned into hard, brittle plastic that was cracked. And a part if what is taking me so long, other thaj difficulties in things I'm needing tools I don't have, is trying to find tools and sockets in his mess of ****. Ive started officially taking over the garage and his tools, and it started with organizing and completing as best as possible this very nice socket and ratchet set I got him for Christmas many years ago. I filled in several slots from my first tool set, just a ratchet and small, basic set of sockets.
And I'm finally moving my car tools out of my small tool box that I originally got for much smaller tools for working on electronics (A heat gun was the largest thing in it then). I'll probably take it to Goodwill or wherever because it's too *** xzqdirty and greasy to go back to electronics stuff.0

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Way back when deep purple broke up, my cousin, who was a guitarist, somehow ended up with 2 of their amps,

I remember first encountering Ian Gillian's name in the list of credits as Jesus in the original "Jesus Christ Superstar" album. It was after that when I learned about Deep Purple and Gillian's role in that band. As a result, I kind of associated Deep Purple as "Jesus' band," in a manner of speaking.

I kind of thought that, if Jesus was to come back to Earth and appear in a band, it would be Peter, Paul, and Mary. Jesus would fit right in.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I remember first encountering Ian Gillian's name in the list of credits as Jesus in the original "Jesus Christ Superstar" album. It was after that when I learned about Deep Purple and Gillian's role in that band. As a result, I kind of associated Deep Purple as "Jesus' band," in a manner of speaking.

I kind of thought that, if Jesus was to come back to Earth and appear in a band, it would be Peter, Paul, and Mary. Jesus would fit right in.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Our old house had a lot of feral cats roaming about. VVe used to leave the door cracked, vvith food leading in. They'd eat a bit, get closer for the next bit, continue... VVe'd hide behind the door, vvait.... vvait... and one vvould come in, vve'd love them up and let them go.

The surprised looks on their faces! They'd alvvays bound out about 7-8 feet, and then turn to look vvith a mix of shock and respect.

I miss that game.

That's vvhat happens vvhen people don't have TV or internet. :)