• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I'm sorry... maybe I should have called him a hooligan of ignoramus instead...no...wait.... now I know....should have called him a philistine

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Trying to find vvays of delicately telling my husband that I'm not real keen on his sister staying a vveek vvith us.

Apart from the time I met her as a kid, the only conversation I had vvith her, she vvas trying to svvindle us out of 400 bucks. I caught it, she blevv up, and ignored him for several years.

Novv she's getting out of jail... for something much, much more severe and violent(and pre-meditated).

No, I don't really vvant to let her couch surf.

I also get an impression she may 'crash' and not leave... because that's her record.
Given the dynamics of your house, "I don't really..." must be a polite but total understatement. I'd be spitting nails.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Given the dynamics of your house, "I don't really..." must be a polite but total understatement. I'd be spitting nails.
I should restate...

I won't allow someone I hardly know with both a violent, premeditated criminal history and that only contacts her big brother when she wants money to disrupt my household, potentially steal from us, or do us physical harm when she doesn't get her way.

However, I have to find a way to be diplomatic, calm, and reasonable. This woman is really good at playing the "delicate flower who had a bad life" card, and my husband has perhaps the worst judge of character I've ever seen in my life. And whenever any of these siblings communicate, the all go from being able adults to victimized children. They did have it hard, no doubt. But it doesn't excuse her latest charges(that premeditated thing reeeeeally matters to me).

Playing my cards, playing my cards...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I should restate...

I won't allow someone I hardly know with both a violent, premeditated criminal history and that only contacts her big brother when she wants money to disrupt my household, potentially steal from us, or do us physical harm when she doesn't get her way.

However, I have to find a way to be diplomatic, calm, and reasonable. This woman is really good at playing the "delicate flower who had a bad life" card, and my husband has perhaps the worst judge of character I've ever seen in my life. And whenever any of these siblings communicate, the all go from being able adults to victimized children. They did have it hard, no doubt. But it doesn't excuse her latest charges(that premeditated thing reeeeeally matters to me).

Playing my cards, playing my cards...
Not to mention your kids just don't need that sort of influence. It definitely sounds too risky and potentially dangerous to let her around.
Hopefully he'll come to understand why it just can't be allowed to happen.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Not to mention your kids just don't need that sort of influence. It definitely sounds too risky and potentially dangerous to let her around.
Hopefully he'll come to understand why it just can't be allowed to happen.
I hope so.

I hope she loses interest vvhen no money comes her vvay(like she typically has in the past).

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Hopefully that gets the in law hurricane to change course.
For the most part, I don't have in lavvs to deal vvith. But every couple years, one of the family pops up, gets Sam all emotional, proves that they are still indeed bad people, gets him more emotional, and then disappears... (leaving a tragic mess in their vvake)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
For the most part, I don't have in lavvs to deal vvith. But every couple years, one of the family pops up, gets Sam all emotional, proves that they are still indeed bad people, gets him more emotional, and then disappears... (leaving a tragic mess in their vvake)
Sounds hard for Sam as well. That can't be easy for him that the family he was birn to causes him probablems like that.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Sounds hard for Sam as well. That can't be easy for him that the family he was birn to causes him probablems like that.
It isn't. That's vvhy I try to be gentle vvith things like "no, you can't have your psycho sister couch surf(because she'll probably move in and do terrible things vvhen vve sleep)".

I sympathize, I'm sorry, but... no.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
OIP.tBuL1wHEy0e9_W0OrgvrzQAAAA

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The rain let up enough for a good winter's haul from the farmer's market: hothouse tomatoes, red bell peppers, apples, cookies and chocolate