• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I think I may have lost my mind.... 3 years from retirement and I'm thinking about considering getting a Comptia Linux+ certification...... and I really have no idea why.....

At work this week I'm going to pull an old laptop out of circulation, destine for surplus anyway, and make it a linux box, just have to figure out what version: CentOS, Debian, Mint or Ubantu

Linux-logo.jpg

I like mint its a lovely background colour ;-)

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
well..... it is 6F here with windchill of -15.... opening the door and walking outside is kind of like...

giphy.gif

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It's 51°F (10.5556°C) and raining here. Not a very hard rain, though steady. Should last a few hours. We can always use rain around here.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Arizona folk are not allowed to comment on winter temps.....

If it's any consolation, it's colder in the northern parts of Arizona, such as around Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon - but not as cold as where you are. Flagstaff is at 35°. But it does get pretty cold up there sometimes.

If you really like cold weather, how about Nome, Alaska?

1705850890640.png

Sunrise at 11:17a, sunset at 5:08p.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
If it's any consolation, it's colder in the northern parts of Arizona, such as around Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon - but not as cold as where you are. Flagstaff is at 35°. But it does get pretty cold up there sometimes.

View attachment 87231

The vvarmest it got here yesterday vvas -2.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This weekend I am committed to listening to absolutely not one single song thay isn't at least turning 30 this decade. Thats like, probably already 98% at least of what i listen to, but the work radio has been stuck on what lost, misguided, confused amd damned souls want to call "hits" from the 2010s. Those don't exist. They may as well believe in leprechauns. That music is beyond horrible and it sucks.
Right now I'm listening to Journey. It makes me think that soon I must make a pilgrimage to the birth place of Steve Perry and pray fir 40 days and nights straight without pause for rock n roll to save my soul.
This is over 30 years old....

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The vvarmest it got here yesterday vvas -2.

That seems like it would be pretty cold.

1705851583301.png

I found this map, although this hardly explains anything. Besides, I've seen snow in the states marked "Sunbelt," and I've seen the sun shine in states marked "Snowbelt."

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Being as its from a pool site, I'm betting the map has something to do vvith pool setup.

Well, there were a few other maps when I did a Google image search. I also found this one:

jellobelt.jpg

According to this, I live in an overlap between the Sun Belt and the Jello Belt, whatever that is.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson

View attachment 87231

That happens here, use to be that cold or colder just about everyday in February, but not so much these days