• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
It's almost not an option. Try to find a dumb appliance. I managed to find a dryer that was not internet connected but now I read that everything will have an AI interface very soon. Pretty soon my refrigerator will start ordering food for me whether I want it or not. Amazon is reportedly working on a smart fridge that tracks what's inside
I managed to find a dumb fridge and oven a fevv years ago. It vvasn't hard, really, but I am in Iovva.

That fridge vvould break here... vve have little that's a routine 'staple'.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Too many devices are trying to be too smart for our own good. I refuse to connect my microwave to the internet so I can try to control it via an app. The front buttons were and are good enough.
I refused to put my Microwave, Oven and Refrigerator on my network... I don't need to check on them with my phone throughout the day

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

"For a $5 donation, we will write the name of an ex-friend, lover, or even something you wish to bury in a litter box for our shelter cats to poop all over," RISPCA officials wrote on the fundraiser's website. "How's that for stinky retripootion?"

The fundraiser runs through Valentine's Day.

Well, it's for a good cause...

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
This time of year you don't need a freezer compartment.

We have 2 freezers, both relatively full. One with a compartment of veggi stuff for Sam, tofu, seitan, veggi burgers etc, and homemade bread rolls. A compartment of family size portions of fruit and veg packs picked and frozen last autumn. Though it's running low now, and a compartment ofvarious ice creams.

The other holds various meats, fish, homemade soups and shop bought bread (ciabatta, baguettes, etc)

I really couldn't do without my freezers.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Hell in a hand basket?

421667565_10225264660512291_4966312261095402742_n.jpg

Looks very much like our matriarch who gets out of the wrong side of the bed every single morning. Only she'd be hissing and spitting rather than having her tongue out.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Darryl George has been suspended repeatedly by the Barbers Hill Independent School District for his hair. The teen's family filed a federal civil rights lawsuit saying the punishment violates the CROWN Act, an acronym for “Create a Respectful and Open World for Natural Hair,” which became law in Texas in September.

Barbers Hill Independent School District has a problem with someone's hair.

The ad that appeared Sunday in the Houston Chronicle was written by district superintendent Greg Poole.

“Being an American requires conformity with the positive benefit of unity,” he stated, referencing strict codes at the military academies.

Yes, of course, being an American requires conformity.

E1Jct75WYAQvMAw.jpg

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member

Barbers Hill Independent School District has a problem with someone's hair.

Yes, of course, being an American requires conformity.

E1Jct75WYAQvMAw.jpg
I hope they do bankrupt the district.

Doubt anyone's learning much in places like these, anyvvays.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I hope they do bankrupt the district.

Doubt anyone's learning much in places like these, anyvvays.

It somewhat floors me that a school superintendent would talk about some need to conform so openly like that, as if it was back in the 1940s or 50s.

I'm just glad that Arizona has fallen off the radar as being the craziest state. Florida and Texas are vying for the top spot in that regard. But we're not out of the running just yet. Kari Lake is running for Senate.

We live in interesting times.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Other school news: What is the ‘After-School Satan Club,’ and what is it doing in San Clemente?

OCR-L-ASSCCUSD-0120-01.jpg

The school is legally mandated by state law to allow use of their facilities for non-profit organizations, including religious organizations. There's a Christian club there, too.

The Satanic Temple is a non-theistic organization founded in 2013 that embraces Satan as a symbol rather than as a deity. Its use of satanic imagery doesn’t involve the worship of a literal Satan or hell; instead, it serves as a tool to express its philosophical and political beliefs, according to its website.

The club, which has popped up at other schools in California in past years, has caused a stir among concerned parents and local religious institutions. Several parents expressed those concerns during a recent school board meeting.

But Capistrano Unified School District can’t deny the club from meeting at the school, a district spokesperson said.

Under the requirements of the California Civic Center Act, the district permits the use of school grounds and facilities outside school hours by nonprofit organizations, including all religious organizations.

The club got the attention of John Randall, a pastor at Calvary South Coast. “I understand parents are upset about this; they should be. The devil is alive and well,” he said in an Instagram post.

“(The club) targets schools that have Christian clubs,” said Randall, noting that should the district deny the club, it could sue for alleged discrimination.

That’s what happened last year with a Pennsylvania school district.

"The devil is alive and well."

This is in San Clemente, the former home of Richard Nixon. Perhaps a Satanic presence may help improve the place.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Other school news: What is the ‘After-School Satan Club,’ and what is it doing in San Clemente?

OCR-L-ASSCCUSD-0120-01.jpg

The school is legally mandated by state law to allow use of their facilities for non-profit organizations, including religious organizations. There's a Christian club there, too.

"The devil is alive and well."

This is in San Clemente, the former home of Richard Nixon. Perhaps a Satanic presence may help improve the place.
Novv that's something I'd sign LeeAnder up for.