• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
WORST CASE SCENARIO

"worst case scenario"

main-qimg-487474b72dd6d7f78c8971950921d538

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
You must be avoiding politics because this November is nothing but "worst case scenario" if the other side wins. Or beyond that, so much of the media these days thrives on fear and anger and presenting stories in a way to engage and enrage those who focus on it.
I avoid politics.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I avoid politics.
I grew up with politics - my parents were focused on politics so it's in me and triggers me. I can mostly let enraged rants pass through my thoughts but not always. And given the Ukraine/NATO war with Russia, the middle east horror, China slowing becoming more aggressive, our coming election and more, I fight to not succumb to it all.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
After my last post, I had to focus on a couple of songs. This is one. It's from 2012 and compared to today, that was a calm and peaceful time.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I grew up with politics - my parents were focused on politics so it's in me and triggers me. I can mostly let enraged rants pass through my thoughts but not always. And given the Ukraine/NATO war with Russia, the middle east horror, China slowing becoming more aggressive, our coming election and more, I fight to not succumb to it all.
I guess my attitude's probably hereditary, too... My parents hardly ever talked politics, and refused to tell me who they voted for. They said it was rude to ask.

My maternal great grandparents used to happily go off to the polls together, so that they may cancel out each other's votes. They were political opposites, but it didn't seem to come between them.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
If Biden and Trump both die before the election what happens? Do we have another round of primaries? Do the running mates get it?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
They were married when Eisenhower was President.
I support Ike much to the chagrin of my FDR Democratic parents. I continued to be somewhat Republican when we had Jacob Javits as our Senator. These days Javits would be a far left Democrat the overton window having moved to far rightward.