• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
1722620067218.png

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
Then he went on with the 'lazy yada yada', which is always a good way to **** me off. In his mind, I do nothing. Who cares that Ares is running down the block without his pants? There's dishes in the sink!

Some people don’t have any perspective about the occupation that a housewife has.

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
Glance up, there is a tourist up against the window trying to peer through the lace curtains.

Stand to move them away and they don't even seem embarrassed, just continue there nosey spying.

Ok, the house fronts the road through the village but that is no excuse.

What The Fish???

Tourists can be dumb.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Some people don’t have any perspective about the occupation that a housewife has.
He used to.

I think he struggles with what having his housewife also be full time caregiver(and I mean full time, I sleep on the floor near my son so I can hear if anything goes amiss) to a severely disabled child looks like.

It might mean I fight off a violent episode for a few hours. This drains all a person's mental and physical resources for awhile. It means constant contact between medical professionals. It means constant supervision. Constant. It means putting aside one's own needs(including restroom sometimes). I won't tell you how long I can go without a bath sometimes because I am so involved with child care. And then, there is the non disabled 5 year old to deal with, who requires the normal time and energy young children do. SO, if the house is untidy, its untidy. My dad offered to pay for a maid service for us. Then he doesn't want that because they might steal, judge us, or, if its a man, he'll hit on me(apparently).

So, he takes the stressors of being denied access to a 'normal' life out on me. According to him, I peed all over the toilet seat(rather than the 5 year old that struggles with aim), I crushed chips(a kind I don't like) all over the floor, I dirty every dish in the house all by myself, and I throw my soda bottles under my desk(guilty on that last one! :D) (I also wear his clothes and leave them around, eat his food and leave the packages lying, and open up cans of energy drink that matches the one he drinks and lets them sit half full to get knocked over, because he's never do such things.)

I bear it pretty stoically most of the time. I'm too pooped to argue. Save it for the battles I'll need it in.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
So, he takes the stressors of being denied access to a 'normal' life out on me.
You have an over-the-top, really bad case of what my wife and I went through at one point when we had cats. We had a signal "I'm not your scratching post" rather than the common "don't lay your trip on me". It's really a abominable shame that you could not have such an understanding with your husband.