• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
You have an over-the-top, really bad case of what my wife and I went through at one point when we had cats. We had a signal "I'm not your scratching post" rather than the common "don't lay your trip on me". It's really a abominable shame that you could not have such an understanding with your husband.
How did you signal that?

When we had a roommate, we had a symbolic gesture for the fact that someone was being ****ty by scraping foot or hand on the floor three times, imitating a cat burying feces.

I miss having a roommate.

I've had a heart to heart with myself in the last few weeks... acknowledging what I will and will not get from my spouse. He's been a little more open lately, and allowing me to help and support him overall... But I'm not going to get that in return. Its not because he's bad, its because he isn't able to do that. He's just too emotionally immature.

Understanding that taking it out on others hurt them (emotionally) is what got me out of that habit.
Really glad you made that realization.

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
How did you signal that?

The individuals involved told me how they felt.

When we had a roommate, we had a symbolic gesture for the fact that someone was being ****ty by scraping foot or hand on the floor three times, imitating a cat burying feces.

That’s a pretty good signal.

I've had a heart to heart with myself in the last few weeks... acknowledging what I will and will not get from my spouse. He's been a little more open lately, and allowing me to help and support him overall... But I'm not going to get that in return. Its not because he's bad, its because he isn't able to do that. He's just too emotionally immature.

It can take a lot of time and experience for a person to become emotionally mature.

You are obviously someone with emotional maturity.

Really glad you made that realization.

Thanks. It benefits other beings.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think kids would get the reference here, as whoever did the caption got the lyrics messed up.

1722627138330.png

It should be "our house in the middle of our street."

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
How did you signal that?
Literally "I'm not your scratching post". A lot of our private conversation involves references to dogs and formerly also cats.

There was a reddit thread which asked the question "My cat is not allowed on the countertops and I feel like she knows it, because once I catch her in the act she freezes and runs away. When I catch her, I’ll yell “Chloe, no!” and she runs right to her scratching post and starts scratching. Why does she do this?"

Another of our communication expression is "it's a good thing Penny (our dog) has two humans" which means that we are a team when it comes to taking care of our dog.

We also give each other birthday and anniversary cards typically with a dog or two dogs on the front.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Literally "I'm not your scratching post". A lot of our private conversation involves references to dogs and formerly also cats.

There was a reddit thread which asked the question "My cat is not allowed on the countertops and I feel like she knows it, because once I catch her in the act she freezes and runs away. When I catch her, I’ll yell “Chloe, no!” and she runs right to her scratching post and starts scratching. Why does she do this?"

Another of our communication expression is "it's a good thing Penny (our dog) has two humans" which means that we are a team when it comes to taking care of our dog.

We also give each other birthday and anniversary cards typically with a dog or two dogs on the front.
I think the former roommate and I communicated like that, though there was a lot of toilet humor included as well.