• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Tumah

Veteran Member
Oh, you haven't seen anything yet :)

I guess it's the media's fault again :rolleyes:

And btw, I shave my beard and have a light goatee with mustache :eek:

And I like kebab much more than kufta :D

uo12.jpg

Yum yum :drool:

Maybe you have a good kosher sfiha recipe (ie. no fish or milk derivatives in the meat)? I tried making it once and I must have made a mistake because it was wayy too tangy.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
are you into that date wine again?

Which date, the Hijri or the Gregorian?

Ahhh, the beauty of the English language :D

Maybe you have a good kosher sfiha recipe (ie. no fish or milk derivatives in the meat)? I tried making it once and I must have made a mistake because it was wayy too tangy.

Is sfiha kebab in Hebrew?

If it is, then the one on the pic afaik does not have fish nor dairy. It is chicken kabab.

The one that has dairy is this one:
supermamy-acafc41d80.jpg

Dunnot what's it called in English, but in Arabic it's called sheshtawooq.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Is sfiha kebab in Hebrew?

If it is, then the one on the pic afaik does not have fish nor dairy. It is chicken kabab.

Oh I thought sfiha is arabic. My Jewish Middle Eastern brothers usually call it lachm bajun. I don't know what else to call it. It looks like thin dough with chopped meat on it. It's really good, but I don't know anyone in the neighborhood who knows how to make it. You have a lot of food posts here, I thought you might know.

illykitty

RF's pet cat

Well that's the name I use for those. Love them, but I'm trying to be more vegetarian. :eat:

It's really late here, I should go to bed. My husband is still playing an MMORPG and talking to people on mumble, so I can't sleep. =_=

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Oh I thought sfiha is arabic. My Jewish Middle Eastern brothers usually call it lachm bajun. I don't know what else to call it. It looks like thin dough with chopped meat on it. It's really good, but I don't know anyone in the neighborhood who knows how to make it. You have a lot of food posts here, I thought you might know.

I take that as a complement :)

Actually, I'm good at eating and looking for food only. I'm not really good in the ingredients department :(

Perhaps if you show me a pic I can check it out for you?

Well that's the name I use for those. Love them, but I'm trying to be more vegetarian. :eat:

But you like cats, don't you?

You should always be a meatarian... :confused:

Errm, you know, a meat eating, um, human :sarcastic

illykitty

RF's pet cat
But you like cats, don't you?

You should always be a meatarian... :confused:

Errm, you know, a meat eating, um, human :sarcastic

I love cats and I am one as well... I suppose that should make me a carnivore and I do love the taste but nope too much stupid feelings and reasons getting in the way. I'm too much of a tree hugger and I'm over sensitive about a lot of stuff.

The hardest part is not having fish and somewhat miss chicken, I get these cravings for it once in a while. I like these meats I don't care for the rest. I suppose turkey is good just cause of turkey bacon. :p

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I just noticed that something is not right. My right knee is working correctly and not hurting when I bend it... and it has not done that in a long time

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We have snow on the ground that is finally melting.
This has been our only snow this year - 2-5 inches of it and I'm so over it.
Kudos to those of you who survive "arctic" winters.
Meh...we've had far snowier winters than this.
And 2 feet in MI is easier than 2 inches in NYC fer shur!

illykitty

RF's pet cat
My health seems to be suffering a little at the moment. Just a lot of little issues, nothing to worry about but it's still annoying.

Also, there are days I feel like the luckiest woman in the world... Others I feel I'm drifting away from him. This is one of those day.

Last edited: