• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
When I was a kid, if I wanted to know something I had to use encyclopedias, old archived newspapers (using a microfiche) and I had to go to the library. It was harder but it was more fun, too (sometimes).

behind every great man, there is an icecream

Gulp! Just men though, right?

p1000238j.jpg
]

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I recently acquired Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate Edition so I can finally get rid of stupid crappy Vista 64 Ultimate!

YAY!

For the past few months I've been totally unable to play some video games I own because Vista 64 improperly installs drivers for video cards, producing an error that makes the screen turn off and back on and then says "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding, but has successfully been recovered."

SO annoying... it happens every few seconds on some games and makes them completely unplayable (on others it will crash the game when it happens!)

So, goodbye you worthless piece of trash OS... hello Win 7!! :) :) :) :)

Other random weird crap that Vista 64 has screwed up:

- I can no longer create new folders. If I right click and select "New ->" there is no option for "folder," and if I'm in a browsing window to select a file (say, like a picture) and I try to click the little new folder button it will crash whatever program I'm in.

- iTunes won't recognize my iPod (it treats it like a flash drive) because a component, one of the drivers, also doesn't install correctly on Vista 64.

- I had to manually install drivers for XBOX 360 controllers plugged in via USB because the USB drivers also don't install correctly on Vista 64. Luckily it worked for 360 controllers so I could play emulated super nintendo games and stuff, but for whatever reason I can't manually install the iTunes drivers.

-----------

In other words, never... ever... EVER get Vista 64. It's garbage. The only surefire way to solve Vista 64 problems is to uninstall it and then reinstall it into the ****ing garbage and pick up Windows XP or Windows 7. Or I suppose Linux or something.

Last edited:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I recently acquired Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate Edition so I can finally get rid of stupid crappy Vista 64 Ultimate!

YAY!

For the past few months I've been totally unable to play some video games I own because Vista 64 improperly installs drivers for video cards, producing an error that makes the screen turn off and back on and then says "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding, but has successfully been recovered."

SO annoying... it happens every few seconds on some games and makes them completely unplayable (on others it will crash the game when it happens!)

So, goodbye you worthless piece of trash OS... hello Win 7!! :) :) :) :)

Other random weird crap that Vista 64 has screwed up:

- I can no longer create new folders. If I right click and select "New ->" there is no option for "folder," and if I'm in a browsing window to select a file (say, like a picture) and I try to click the little new folder button it will crash whatever program I'm in.

- iTunes won't recognize my iPod (it treats it like a flash drive) because a component, one of the drivers, also doesn't install correctly on Vista 64.

- I had to manually install drivers for XBOX 360 controllers plugged in via USB because the USB drivers also don't install correctly on Vista 64. Luckily it worked for 360 controllers so I could play emulated super nintendo games and stuff, but for whatever reason I can't manually install the iTunes drivers.

-----------

In other words, never... ever... EVER get Vista 64. It's garbage. The only surefire way to solve Vista 64 problems is to uninstall it and then reinstall it into the ****ing garbage and pick up Windows XP or Windows 7. Or I suppose Linux or something.

Grrrrrrrr! i hate Vista,i even get up early in the morning so i can hate it longer

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Sister-in-law: "For a non religious person, you sure do have a lot of religious icons, read a lot of religious books, visit temples, and meditate a lot."

Me: "That's probably because I am actually religious?"

Sister-in-law: "Ha! You? No you aren't!"

:D

.lava

Veteran Member
sister-in-law: "for a non religious person, you sure do have a lot of religious icons, read a lot of religious books, visit temples, and meditate a lot."

me: "that's probably because i am actually religious?"

sister-in-law: "ha! You? No you aren't!"

:d

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.