• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I hate Windows 7, but then again I just hate Windows. Actually Windows 7 to me seems like they decided to work out some of the bugs and problems with Vista and repackaged it.

I start a temporary job tomorrow. One of my friend's dad's runs a small construction company, and he is needing some extra help for a large roofing job. It'll be long days, he's expecting it to last about 3 weeks, and I'll be making 10 bucks an hour.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
And for a play I'm in, called "In The Beginning" which takes the Garden of Eden scene and puts in a bar, the director got the costume for the serpent. It's an Arabic themed costume that is called "Snake Charmer" and it has a slit in the front part of the pants where a zipper would be, and a large snake that protrudes from it. Yes, it looks very obscene, and while it can be hilarious in some situations for this play it just seems in very bad taste. There are a few sexual innuendos, but the literal trouser snake is just bad and will probably offend many people.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
And for a play I'm in, called "In The Beginning" which takes the Garden of Eden scene and puts in a bar, the director got the costume for the serpent. It's an Arabic themed costume that is called "Snake Charmer" and it has a slit in the front part of the pants where a zipper would be, and a large snake that protrudes from it. Yes, it looks very obscene, and while it can be hilarious in some situations for this play it just seems in very bad taste. There are a few sexual innuendos, but the literal trouser snake is just bad and will probably offend many people.
Reminds me of Lysistrata. Apparently, it was traditionally performed with the actors wearing prosthetic (and comically large) phalluses.

Onkara

Sister-in-law: "For a non religious person, you sure do have a lot of religious icons, read a lot of religious books, visit temples, and meditate a lot."

Me: "That's probably because I am actually religious?"

Sister-in-law: "Ha! You? No you aren't!"

:D

Must be the way you brush your hair :sarcastic :)

Circle_One

Reminds me of Lysistrata. Apparently, it was traditionally performed with the actors wearing prosthetic (and comically large) phalluses.

That rolled out of the bottoms of their robes and were rolled back in when not in use. And it wasn't just for the Lysistrata. It was used for all performances of greek comedies, and at all festivals.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Gulp! Just men though, right?

p1000238j.jpg
]

Am I the only one here who finds him incredibly scary looking? :cover:

Onkara

I am asking myself if a lesbian and a homosexual man got married and had children, how would the inter-family relationship be...

.lava

Veteran Member
I am asking myself if a lesbian and a homosexual man got married and had children, how would the inter-family relationship be...

wait wait.. this is happening so fast. can we start from the begining? from the day they fall in love for example..

Erebus

Clearly the children would grow up listening to Disgorge and Cannibal Corpse, pushing grannies down flights of stairs, burning churches and fornicating with their own siblings. Then when they die and are awaiting judgement, they'd kick Jesus in the groin and flash the horns at the horrified Saints.

There's a reason Televangelists are trying to preach decency and Christian values you know. Jesus' nuts can't take any more kicks from Death Metal fans.

croak

Trickster
I went on a killing spree today.

See, I had an agreement with the mosquitoes: leave me alone and I won't kill you. Personally, anyways. They kept coming. I finally lost it today and probably electrocuted around 10 or so, with more to come.

Futurity.org – Human, bird scent drives mosquitoes wild Apparently I smell too good.

Do you know how many corvids have been killed by these things? Enough's enough!

EDIT: I think I just killed two. Also, my weapon of choice is a cheap version of Bug Zapper - Home of "The Jolt" electric racket

EDIT #2: Mighta killed another one. Ah, the smell of charred bodies....

Last edited:

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Once a year I also go on a killing spree: Ants! They find a tiny morsel of something and then a million of them come into your house uninvited and take over. After that, I become more fastidious in cleaning off my counters ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.