• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Return of Christ

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Says the person who believes the world began in 1980 and the entire world's existence hinges on the birth and death of some man who, according to you, is now walking the earth, but you don't know who he is, so you call him Jesus. I'll tell you what: I'm well-versed in the Bible as a former evangelical, street preacher, and evangelist, so if you can show me the precise teachings of Christianity and/or scriptures in the Bible that undoubtedly validate your belief about the world beginning in 1980 and this mysterious man you believe in, then I will be able to see that you understand Christianity better than @F1fan.

I've read many of @F1fan's posts about Christianity, and I've also read yours, so I'm confident that he has a better understanding of Christianity than you do. So, between the two of you, I think that you should probably refrain from talking about it. If you think I'm being rude, consider what you said to him.
Olkee dolkee smolkee

F1fan

Veteran Member
Well said, in my opinion.

I'm reposting what I wrote on a similar topic because, first, I think it reinforces what you wrote in your post, and second, I agree with your perspective.

The truth is that Christianity has many conflicting beliefs that contradict one another, such as conditional salvation vs. unconditional salvation, the proper baptism (sprinkled with water vs. fully immersed), female pastors, and the "end-times" (the rapture, pre-tribulation, mid-tribulation, and post-tribulation).

Many Christians have the perpetual habit of accusing other Christians of not being "true Christians," and this accusation is as old as Christianity itself (read 1 Corinthians 1:10–17). The problem I have with Christians accusing other Christians of not being true followers of Jesus is that they can never agree on what the Bible truly says, and they constantly argue, insult, and fight one another about what they believe the Bible teaches. The truth is that if you ask the same theological question to a broad group of Christians, you will receive very different answers. All of these Christians will cite the Bible in an attempt to defend their answers, even though their answers are very different and contradictory. I think that it is also worth noting that they don't agree on whether salvation in Jesus Christ is unconditional or not, although they all read the Bible. They have diverse biblical interpretations and church doctrines about salvation, which is defined as Calvinism vs. Arminianism (unconditional salvation vs. conditional salvation). Some Christians claim that a person's salvation is conditional, and they would quote a few scriptures they believed supported their belief. Some Christians claim that a person's salvation is unconditional, and they would quote a few scriptures they believed supported their belief. Other Christians claim that baptism or speaking in tongues is essential for salvation, and they will provide a few scriptures that they believe support their position. They contradict each other, but they all believe they are right.

Questions about how to properly baptize believers (fully immersed in water or sprinkled with water), whether it is biblical for women to be pastors, and about the alleged end times (pre-tribulation, mid-tribulation, post-tribulation, and the rapture of Christians) would elicit the same kind of derision among Christians. There are also churches claiming to be the "true church, which implies that Christians in other churches are wrong in their theology and biblical interpretation. They even argue and debate about whether Jesus' mother remained a virgin after giving birth to him or if she had other children after him.

The truth is that Christians are deeply divided, with different churches subscribing to diverse beliefs and readings of the Bible that have emerged in both historical and modern Christianity. Catholics and Protestants have different doctrines, dogmas, and interpretations of the Bible. So do Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Messianic Jews, and Orthodox Christians, which include Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Ethiopian Orthodox, and Greek Orthodox. There are also Baptists (First Baptist, Second Baptist, Southern Baptist, Reformed Baptist, Primitive Baptist, Anabaptist, Freewill Baptist, and others), Methodists, Mennonites, Seventh-day Adventists, Assemblies of God, Quakers, Anglicans, Nazarenes, and a plethora of other Christian churches that aren't listed here.

Ironically, Christians all believe that they are correct about their beliefs and everyone else (including other Christians) is wrong about theirs, but then they have the audacity to claim that the Bible is the word of God and Christianity is the only true religion in the world. In my opinion, there's no reason to believe any of them. I think it's unreasonable for any Christian to claim that their biblical interpretation and theology are correct while insisting that other Christians are wrong, that the Bible is divinely inspired, and that Christianity is the only true religion in the world. It is also irrational, in my opinion, that Christians expect non-Christians to accept the Bible as divinely inspired and the final authority on moral issues, yet they can't agree on what the Bible says.
Well said post. I call Christianity a religion of "anything goes" and a religious buffet where the believer can pick and chose that truth looks tasty to them, and ignore the rest. It's a religion where gay tolerant liberals have a place along side the KKK, which claims to be a Christian organization. It includes the well educated who accept evolution completely and the indoctrinated who believe the universe is 6000 years old. All these fold believe they are saved, yet there is so much to the different sects that go way beyond this core belief. When a believer claims they have the truth it's a bit laughable.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Well said post. I call Christianity a religion of "anything goes" and a religious buffet where the believer can pick and chose that truth looks tasty to them, and ignore the rest. It's a religion where gay tolerant liberals have a place along side the KKK, which claims to be a Christian organization. It includes the well educated who accept evolution completely and the indoctrinated who believe the universe is 6000 years old. All these fold believe they are saved, yet there is so much to the different sects that go way beyond this core belief. When a believer claims they have the truth it's a bit laughable.
They all believe Christ will return though.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
You cannot speak for other people, they can only speak for themselves.
They were polled and they spoke for themselves.
The smart Christians have given up waiting for Jesus to return.
Polls change. Polls are false data. The smart Christians know He’s coming back. Actually the smart Christian know he’s here as well as coming back.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
I know for a fact that not all Christians believe it, because, as I said, I've known some of them who don't believe it. I also know for a fact that they don't believe in this mysterious man he goes on about or that the world began in 1980. In fact, I have never met or heard of any Christians who believe that.
I’m sure a few don’t. Never said they believe what I believe. Don’t put words in my mouth, it’s full of chocolate. ;)

Last edited:

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I’m sure a few don’t. Never said they believe what I believe. Don’t put words in my mouth, it’s full of chocolate. ;)

You said, and I quote: "Actually the smart Christian know he’s here as well as coming back." So, I assumed you were referring to this mysterious man you believe in. You also stated earlier in this thread (post #261) that you call this man Jesus. This is the reason I made the statements in the other post.

The smart Christians know He’s coming back. Actually the smart Christian know he’s here as well as coming back.

Call him who you like. I call him Jesus in my real life. But I know the truth, which I share only online.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
You said, and I quote: "Actually the smart Christian know he’s here as well as coming back." So, I assumed you were referring to this mysterious man you believe in. You also stated earlier in this thread (post #261) that you call this man Jesus. This is the reason I made the statements in the other post.
Do you know what they say about assume? Those are some bad reasons you got there.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

The Return of Christ

This question is for non-believers of the Christian faith. All Christians believe that Christ will return. When you hear them say this what do you think it really means?
Second Coming/Return of Jesus/Isa has already happened in the form of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908, he has so claimed, just for one's information, please, right?

Regards