• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Return of Christ

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
My dad’s dead and the world’s still here.
That is what I was saying. There a not a soul on earth that the earth could not go on without.
So if everyone was wiped off the face of the earth, the earth would still exist.
The earth could not go on without God, but God is not a soul, God is an entity.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
That is what I was saying. There a not a soul on earth that the earth could not go on without.
So if everyone was wiped off the face of the earth, the earth would still exist.
Oh, I see. Edited my original question I meant to say ask if there was a soul on earth that the Earth couldn’t go on without?

The answer is yes

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Then your original answer should’ve been yes not no. It doesn’t matter because I changed it. Haha we both messed that up. Sometimes words can be a little tricky.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
What do you think is meant by there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom? It’s obvious. When this certain man dies, the rest of the people on the Earth will just disappear having never tasted death. Of course when he’s reborn around 1980 everybody will come back with him.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
What do you think is meant by there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom?
I think it was supposed to mean that Jesus would return would come in his kingdom before those men he was talking to died.
Of course we know that did not happen.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
But you don’t feel the presence of God in the flesh?
That's an interesting question to put to a Baha'i. They don't believe that God is flesh, but they do believe that he created a special type of human that can perfectly reflect him, or his attributes or whatever it is they claim.

Then these special people can tell ordinary people about God's laws and things. I don't agree with that belief because of some of the people they have on that list of God's manifestations. The most questionable one for me is Adam. They nothing in the Bible story that I see that would qualify him to be a manifestation of God. And I doubt very much that the story is true. But what's odd is... neither do the Baha'is. Yet... they make him a manifestation of God?

But it sounds like you believe in there being "special" people also. Is it similar to what Baha'is believe?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
You have no clue what Christianity is about imo.

Says the person who believes the world began in 1980 and the entire world's existence hinges on the birth and death of some man who, according to you, is now walking the earth, but you don't know who he is, so you call him Jesus. I'll tell you what: I'm well-versed in the Bible as a former evangelical, street preacher, and evangelist, so if you can show me the precise teachings of Christianity and/or scriptures in the Bible that undoubtedly validate your belief about the world beginning in 1980 and this mysterious man you believe in, then I will be able to see that you understand Christianity better than @F1fan.

Like I said, you don’t have a clue as to what Christianity is about. You should probably refrain from talking about it.

I've read many of @F1fan's posts about Christianity, and I've also read yours, so I'm confident that he has a better understanding of Christianity than you do. So, between the two of you, I think that you should probably refrain from talking about it. If you think I'm being rude, consider what you said to him.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Christians have been believing the End Times with Christ's return will come in their time since this idea was promoted by the church. Everyone wants to think they are special and in a special time. Alas it never comes. The funny thing is that these believers die off, but tell the next generation the same stories and THEY think it will be them. No wonder Islam is growing and Christianity is losing members. At some point the next generation begins to smell a rat.

Well said, in my opinion.

I'm reposting what I wrote on a similar topic because, first, I think it reinforces what you wrote in your post, and second, I agree with your perspective.

The truth is that Christianity has many conflicting beliefs that contradict one another, such as conditional salvation vs. unconditional salvation, the proper baptism (sprinkled with water vs. fully immersed), female pastors, and the "end-times" (the rapture, pre-tribulation, mid-tribulation, and post-tribulation).

Many Christians have the perpetual habit of accusing other Christians of not being "true Christians," and this accusation is as old as Christianity itself (read 1 Corinthians 1:10–17). The problem I have with Christians accusing other Christians of not being true followers of Jesus is that they can never agree on what the Bible truly says, and they constantly argue, insult, and fight one another about what they believe the Bible teaches. The truth is that if you ask the same theological question to a broad group of Christians, you will receive very different answers. All of these Christians will cite the Bible in an attempt to defend their answers, even though their answers are very different and contradictory. I think that it is also worth noting that they don't agree on whether salvation in Jesus Christ is unconditional or not, although they all read the Bible. They have diverse biblical interpretations and church doctrines about salvation, which is defined as Calvinism vs. Arminianism (unconditional salvation vs. conditional salvation). Some Christians claim that a person's salvation is conditional, and they would quote a few scriptures they believed supported their belief. Some Christians claim that a person's salvation is unconditional, and they would quote a few scriptures they believed supported their belief. Other Christians claim that baptism or speaking in tongues is essential for salvation, and they will provide a few scriptures that they believe support their position. They contradict each other, but they all believe they are right.

Questions about how to properly baptize believers (fully immersed in water or sprinkled with water), whether it is biblical for women to be pastors, and about the alleged end times (pre-tribulation, mid-tribulation, post-tribulation, and the rapture of Christians) would elicit the same kind of derision among Christians. There are also churches claiming to be the "true church, which implies that Christians in other churches are wrong in their theology and biblical interpretation. They even argue and debate about whether Jesus' mother remained a virgin after giving birth to him or if she had other children after him.

The truth is that Christians are deeply divided, with different churches subscribing to diverse beliefs and readings of the Bible that have emerged in both historical and modern Christianity. Catholics and Protestants have different doctrines, dogmas, and interpretations of the Bible. So do Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Messianic Jews, and Orthodox Christians, which include Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Ethiopian Orthodox, and Greek Orthodox. There are also Baptists (First Baptist, Second Baptist, Southern Baptist, Reformed Baptist, Primitive Baptist, Anabaptist, Freewill Baptist, and others), Methodists, Mennonites, Seventh-day Adventists, Assemblies of God, Quakers, Anglicans, Nazarenes, and a plethora of other Christian churches that aren't listed here.

Ironically, Christians all believe that they are correct about their beliefs and everyone else (including other Christians) is wrong about theirs, but then they have the audacity to claim that the Bible is the word of God and Christianity is the only true religion in the world. In my opinion, there's no reason to believe any of them. I think it's unreasonable for any Christian to claim that their biblical interpretation and theology are correct while insisting that other Christians are wrong, that the Bible is divinely inspired, and that Christianity is the only true religion in the world. It is also irrational, in my opinion, that Christians expect non-Christians to accept the Bible as divinely inspired and the final authority on moral issues, yet they can't agree on what the Bible says.