• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Return of Christ

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The Return of Christ
The Return of Messiah was much needed to clear from the wrong tenets of Pauline-Christianity mushroomed later in his name, please, right?
And it has happened with the advent of Second Coming 1835-1908, please, right?
Regards
Seems to me that some wrong expectations (1835-1908) does Not make the Bible as wrong - Matthew 24:36; Mark13:32; Acts 1:7

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
John 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more.
John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
Make of that what you will.
The KEY seems to be in the fact that Jesus' return would Not be physical, but an invisible return
People will see Jesus with the 'eyes of understanding ' because of what is happening
Thus, Jesus comes Not in a physical body but in a spirit body along with angelic spirit persons aka angels - see Rev. 19:14-15
Please Notice Isaiah 11:3-4 because it is the sound from spoken ' words '.
The ' sword-like executional words from Jesus' mouth ', aka Jesus' voice ' that will rid the Earth of the wicked

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The KEY seems to be in the fact that Jesus' return would Not be physical, but an invisible return
People will see Jesus with the 'eyes of understanding ' because of what is happening
Thus, Jesus comes Not in a physical body but in a spirit body along with angelic spirit persons aka angels - see Rev. 19:14-15
Please Notice Isaiah 11:3-4 because it is the sound from spoken ' words '.
The ' sword-like executional words from Jesus' mouth ', aka Jesus' voice ' that will rid the Earth of the wicked
There will be no return of the same man Jesus who walked the Earth 2000 years ago, not in any manner, shape or form.
Why can't Christians just face what the scriptures clearly say?

Some people will see with the 'eyes of understanding that the return of Christ was never intended to be the return of the same man Jesus, but in order to see that they will have to relinquish their emotional attachment to Jesus and their belief that Jesus is the ONLY WAY to God for all of time.

That is what Christian beliefs about the return of Christ are about, an emotional attachment to Jesus.
All forms of reasoning go completely out the window.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
This question is for non-believers of the Christian faith. All Christians believe that Christ will return. When you hear them say this what do you think it really means?
The question is not if but how this event will occur. Firstly, I believe that the physical body of Jesus is not what will return nor His personality. By the Second Coming is meant the One to come at the end of the age, the Promised One.

His ‘return’ will be not as the Son but in the glory of the Father as a real person but with a new name according to the book of Revelation. The sun and moon being dark etc refers to the previous religions not giving any more spiritual light as the Bible is a spiritual book referring to spiritual matters so things like sun and moon being darkened is about the waning spiritual light of previous dispensations. Every eye shall see Him, that is all those who have spiritual eyes shall see His spiritual greatness descending from the heaven of the will of God. Clouds is the human body. Just as clouds obscure the light of the sun, so too, the appearance of the Promised One in human form will obscure the Holy Spirit within so that only those with spiritual eyes will see Him.

His Words like a two edged sword will smite the kings of the earth. He will bring the Kingdom of God, an Order from God which, unlike anything the world has ever seen, cannot be corrupted. The wolf and the lamb, that is the contending sects, races and nations will live together in peace.

Only the Promised One it is my conviction, can lead us into peace not any of the past religions as they have had their chance and failed. I believe Baha’u’llah to be that Promised One and as the future unfolds, humanity will witness that only He is able to unite the conflicting and contending religions, races and nations.

This is what the return of Christ in the glory of the father signifies to me that a spiritual revival is happening all over the world involving loving all humanity unconditionally and all religions.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
This question is for non-believers of the Christian faith. All Christians believe that Christ will return. When you hear them say this what do you think it really means?
I believe that Christianity, like many religions seeks to pin hope on a savior figure of future history who will come and make everything "right". Its an immensely popular hope that people have, and the religions (including parts of Hinduism) cater to it. I think its an erroneous expectation to have.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
There will be no return of the same man Jesus who walked the Earth 2000 years ago, not in any manner, shape or form.
Why can't Christians just face what the scriptures clearly say?...............................................
Yes, ' face what the Scriptures clearly say ' because when the powers in charge (1st Thess. 5:2-3) are saying, " Peace and Security......"
that Rosy saying can lead people down that old Primrose Path, Not to Safety, but is a precursor to the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14
Clearly then, this is when Jesus will step in. Not a physical appearing but by Jesus ' words '
The ' sword-like executional 'words' from Jesus' mouth ' will rid the Earth of wickedness - Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-15
Clearly mankind (Matt. 25:31-34,37,40) has a coming date with destiny

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I think people are buying tickets to a concert that happened 2000 years ago.
Jesus died and was resurrected 2000 yrs ago, but the 'concert ' (Luke 19:11-15) is still future
We have yet to see Jesus' coming ' time of separation ' as found at Matt. 25:31-34,37
Instead of buying tickets, Jesus wants us to pray for God's Kingdom to come ( thy kingdom come...... ) - Daniel 2:44; 7:13-14

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I believe that Christianity, like many religions seeks to pin hope on a savior figure of future history who will come and make everything "right". Its an immensely popular hope that people have, and the religions (including parts of Hinduism) cater to it. I think its an erroneous expectation to have.
You're far from alone in the above thinking
Even a wrong expectation does Not make the Bible as wrong, just the expectation as wrong
Yes, it would have to be ' future history ' because in Scripture Earth would first be populated before there is divine involvement - Gen. 1:28
In other words, the passing of time has allowed for all of us to be born and think who we would like as Sovereign over us
Earth itself is Not the problem, but mankind's l-o-n-g history of MAN dominating over MAN is the injurious hurt-filled problem
Man has proven that Man can Not only Not make things right, but rather Man keeps making things going from bad to worse - 2Tim. 3:13
Without Divine Involvement into mankind's affairs there is No hope of better for any of us

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Clearly then, this is when Jesus will step in. Not a physical appearing but by Jesus ' words '
The ' sword-like executional 'words' from Jesus' mouth ' will rid the Earth of wickedness - Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-15
Clearly mankind (Matt. 25:31-34,37,40) has a coming date with destiny
Clearly mankind has a coming date with destiny, but that destiny is not in the hands of Jesus, it is in the hands of God.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You're far from alone in the above thinking
Even a wrong expectation does Not make the Bible as wrong, just the expectation as wrong
Yes, it would have to be ' future history ' because in Scripture Earth would first be populated before there is divine involvement - Gen. 1:28
In other words, the passing of time has allowed for all of us to be born and think who we would like as Sovereign over us
Earth itself is Not the problem, but mankind's l-o-n-g history of MAN dominating over MAN is the injurious hurt-filled problem
Man has proven that Man can Not only Not make things right, but rather Man keeps making things going from bad to worse - 2Tim. 3:13
Without Divine Involvement into mankind's affairs there is No hope of better for any of us
We disagree on this. The crucible of human lives and experiences is path by which consciousnesses learn and become wiser over time. While not rejecting the possibility of "interventions", they are not as critical as Christianity thinks.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
We disagree on this. The crucible of human lives and experiences is path by which consciousnesses learn and become wiser over time...............
"wiser over time" ? then why aren't things wiser over the past 6.000 years ___________
'Wiser over time' to me would mean things are getting better with people being more peaceable
Even advances in science and medicine has not made the world safer
Trial-and-Error experiences has not made a smooth path to follow

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Clearly mankind has a coming date with destiny, but that destiny is not in the hands of Jesus, it is in the hands of God.
Yes, in the hands of God in order for Jesus to come and step in
This is why we are all invited to pray the invitation to God as found at Rev.22:20 for Jesus to come !
Pray to God as Jesus instructed: " Our Father which art in Heaven............."
Please notice what Jesus hands back at the end of 1000 year reign at 1st Corinthians 15:24-26

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
I see the God given event does happen and God gives us the Message that is required for us to built the promissed peace.

That Message becomes the standard we can aspire to.

I see the path to peace has been clearly given and one of the foundations is for us to embrace the oneness of humanity and drop our predudices of race, gender and religions.

Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yes, in the hands of God in order for Jesus to come and step in
This is why we are all invited to pray the invitation to God as found at Rev.22:20 for Jesus to come !
You can continue to pray for Jesus to come until the cows come home, but Jesus is not coming unless the Bible in error, in which case we have no reason to believe anything else that is in the Bible.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

No more means no further, never again.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
You can continue to pray for Jesus to come until the cows come home, but Jesus is not coming unless the Bible in error, in which case we have no reason to believe anything else that is in the Bible.
No more means no further, never again.
Yes, the world would see Jesus No more because resurrected Jesus is an invisible spirit person as his God is - Rev. 3:12
So, No more means; No further, Never again in the physical flesh
Please notice it is Not anything physical, but Jesus 'sword-like executional ' words ' from Jesus' mouth' - Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-15
Jesus' ' voice ' will do away with the wicked - 1st Thess. 4:16

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yes, the world would see Jesus No more because resurrected Jesus is an invisible spirit person as his God is - Rev. 3:12
So, No more means; No further, Never again in the physical flesh
Please notice it is Not anything physical, but Jesus 'sword-like executional ' words ' from Jesus' mouth' - Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-15
Jesus' ' voice ' will do away with the wicked - 1st Thess. 4:16
I am not going to argue about this anymore. I know what happened so I don't need to.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I see the God given event does happen and God gives us the Message that is required for us to built the promissed peace.
That Message becomes the standard we can aspire to.
I see the path to peace has been clearly given and one of the foundations is for us to embrace the oneness of humanity and drop our predudices of race, gender and religions..........
I can agree with drop 'false religion'. Jesus stressed ' worship ' at John 4:23-24
Jesus taught Scripture as religious truth - John 17:17
I find the ' path to peace' is clearly given at Matthew 7:13-14