• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Return of Christ

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Try reading Revelation 22:20 about, "Amen, Come, Lord Jesus ! "
It is Not until the time of Rev. 22:7 that is when Jesus will come quickly
"Amen, Come, Lord Jesus ! " was just an expression of hope that Jesus would come, it was nothing more than a hope.

Try reading the gospel of John. Jesus is not coming quickly or in any other way.

Jesus never promised to return to earth, not once in the New Testament.
Jesus said His work was finished here and He was no more in the world. That means that the return of Christ has to be another Person.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Jesus never claimed to be a king, and Jesus never said He was coming back to judge the earth and establish an earthly Kingdom

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

These two verses in John 18 completely negate that Jesus is the King of this world or that Jesus will ever come to this world to rule it, and they fit perfectly together with John 17:4 and John 17:11. Jesus came into this world to bear witness unto the truth about God. He did that so there is no more reason for Jesus to come back to this world again. That is why Jesus said “I am no more in the world.”

Why do so many Christians completely ignore what is contained in their own Bible?
I get really tired of posting these same verses over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
"Amen, Come, Lord Jesus ! " was just a hope that Jesus would come, nothing more than a hope.
Try reading the gospel of John. Jesus is not coming quickly or in any other way.
Jesus never promised to return to earth, not once in the New Testament.
Jesus said His work was finished here and He was no more in the world. That means that the return of Christ has to be another Person.
John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Jesus never claimed to be a king, and Jesus never said He was coming back to judge the earth and establish an earthly Kingdom
John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

These two verses in John 18 completely negate that Jesus is the King of this world or that Jesus will ever come to this world to rule it, and they fit perfectly together with John 17:4 and John 17:11. Jesus came into this world to bear witness unto the truth about God. He did that so there is no more reason for Jesus to come back to this world again. That is why Jesus said “I am no more in the world.”
Why do so many Christians completely ignore what is contained in their own Bible?
I get really tired of posting these same verses over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
Right, the world would never again see a PHYSICAL Jesus, but Jesus would return - Luke 19:11-15
Return with non-physical angelic armies - Revelation 19:14-15
Right, God's kingdom aka government (Daniel 2:44) is Not of this material world but heavenly
No one goes to Heaven to die in Heaven, the death problem exists on Earth
We ask God that His will be done on Earth as it is done in Heaven ( No death in Heaven )
And as 1st Corinthians 15:24-26 informs us that ' enemy death ' will come to a final end

See also post # 647

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
Right, the world would never again see a PHYSICAL Jesus, but Jesus would return - Luke 19:11-15
Right, God's kingdom aka government (Daniel 2:44) is Not of this material world but heavenly
We ask God that His will be done on Earth as it is done in Heaven ( No death in Heaven )
And as 1st Corinthians 15:24-26 informs us that ' enemy death ' will come to a final end

See also post # 647
The flesh dies, that is a God given process and scientific fact. To interpret the Bible in a way that flesh will live forever goes against God and Science.

John 6:63 ".. The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life. Yet there are some of you who do not believe.”....."

This life is to be born again, born into the Spirit that will dominate the desires of the flesh, the Bible is full of such verses.

This is God's Kingdom, our Rational Mind born Into the Spirit. Then we pick up the cross and sacrifice the flesh in service to humanity.

Physical death is not able to overtake the Spirit born into Christ, death of the Spirit is the dead burying the dead.

NDE and dream experiences are are great gift for us to know we exist without the flesh.

Regards Tony

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
What do the following verses have to do with Jesus returning physically or in any other way?
These verses are referring to the time when Jesus lived on Earth 2000 years ago.
These verses refer to receiving the kingdom of God that lives within us, not to a kingdom of God on Earth in future times.

Luke 19:11-15
King James Version

11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.

12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.

13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.

15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
Those verses are not about Jesus. None of Revelations is about Jesus.
Daniel 2:44
King James Version

44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

The verse says that God will set up a kingdom. It does not say that Jesus will set up a kingdom.

Death is not a problem, death is a reality. People are born and live their lives on Earth and then they die and hopefully go to Heaven.
The only enemy is spiritual death and that will eventually come to an end.

Tinkerpeach

What it means to Christians is that Jesus in will come down in the physical clouds with the same body He had when He ascended into the clouds, but Jesus never promised to return to earth, not once in the New Testament. Jesus said His work was finished here and He was no more in the world.

That means that the 'return of Christ' has to be another Person.
As a Baha'i, I believe that Baha'u'llah was the return of Christ that was promised to the Christians in the New Testament and the messiah that was promised to the Jews in the Old Testament..
It’s very clearly stated in Revelations that He will return.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Who it is that will return is not specified in Revelations. It was only assumed by Christians that it refers to Jesus.

It is clearly stated in John that Jesus will never again return to this world.

No more means no further, never again.

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
The importance Bible verses about who Jesus was, must first be understood so we can then understand as to how Jesus would return.

Peter answered who Jesus was, Peter did not say you are God, Peter said you are the Christ/Messiah. The meaning of these words were very well known in the time of Jesus, they means "Annointed One"

Matthew 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

So Peter has confirmed that God Annointed Jesus as the Messiah/Christ with the Holy Spirit. Other humans are not annointed of the Holy Spirit.

This is how I choose to see the virgin birth. Even though the Messengers are born into the world of flesh as a human, they are in reality pre-existing in the Holy Spirit, which God reveals to us at their time of Annointment with a symbol of that Annointment. With Jesus that was a White Dove that awakened the Revelation of Jesus as the Christ to those around him and to humanity.

Before that Jesus was known as Jesus. The flesh of Jesus will not return. God will give a New Name and a New Jerusalem, and only those that accept that Name will receive it. Just as only those that accept Jesus as the Messiah will receive that Name.

(My explanation)

Revelation 2:17 "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. (The holy Spirit Annointed to another human) him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth save he that receiveth it.’

It says in Revelation 3:12: “Him that overcomes will I make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, which is new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God: and I will write on him My new name.”

So we must overcome our attachment to the old name Jesus and embrace a New Name.

This is why Jesus warned of False Prophets, as Jesus knew that the True Prophet will come amongst many who are false prophets.

Why would a Christian think they will not be tested as the Jews were and still are? Why will they not be tested with a New Messenger calling mankind back to God at a time when God's Word has been so altered, that the Spirit is no longer recognized? With a New Name it is still the same Christ, that is the Beginning and the End, the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, Given of God.

The Love of Names can become a veil, or it can release us into Salvation. All Names become One in the Love of God through Christ.

Regards Tony

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
Who it is that will return is not specified in Revelations. It was only assumed by Christians that it refers to Jesus.

Ha ha, you had the 666 reply, so had to give a winner. :grinning: Apart for the Answer also the winning thoughts. Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The importance Bible verses about who Jesus was, must first be understood so we can then understand as to how Jesus would return.

Peter answered who Jesus was, Peter did not say you are God, Peter said you are the Christ/Messiah. The meaning of these words were very well known in the time of Jesus, they means "Annointed One"

Matthew 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

So Peter has confirmed that God Annointed Jesus as the Messiah/Christ with the Holy Spirit. Other humans are not annointed of the Holy Spirit.

This is how I choose to see the virgin birth. Even though the Messengers are born into the world of flesh as a human, they are in reality pre-existing in the Holy Spirit, which God reveals to us at their time of Annointment with a symbol of that Annointment. With Jesus that was a White Dove that awakened the Revelation of Jesus as the Christ to those around him and to humanity.

Before that Jesus was known as Jesus. The flesh of Jesus will not return. God will give a New Name and a New Jerusalem, and only those that accept that Name will receive it. Just as only those that accept Jesus as the Messiah will receive that Name.

(My explanation)

Revelation 2:17 "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. (The holy Spirit Annointed to another human) him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth save he that receiveth it.’

It says in Revelation 3:12: “Him that overcomes will I make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, which is new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God: and I will write on him My new name.”

So we must overcome our attachment to the old name Jesus and embrace a New Name.

This is why Jesus warned of False Prophets, as Jesus knew that the True Prophet will come amongst many who are false prophets.

Why would a Christian think they will not be tested as the Jews were and still are? Why will they not be tested with a New Messenger calling mankind back to God at a time when God's Word has been so altered, that the Spirit is no longer recognized? With a New Name it is still the same Christ, that is the Beginning and the End, the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, Given of God.

The Love of Names can become a veil, or it can release us into Salvation. All Names become One in the Love of God through Christ.

Regards Tony
Tony,

I do not think it is the NAME of Jesus that Christians are attached to. I think it is the PERSON of Jesus.
Baha'u'llah was not Jesus, He was another Person.....
It does not MATTER to Christians that Baha'u'llah has the same Holy Spirit.
He is not the same man Jesus. The attachment is to the SAME man Jesus, Christians do not want a man with a New Name.

That is it in a nutshell.

p.s. If you ever listened to Christian radio stations as I do, you would realize what I am talking about.
They have turned Jesus into God and they worship Jesus as God.

I love listening to the music because it is inspiring but I have to turn it off when they sing about Jesus as if He is God and about Jesus returning.
It is just too painful to listen to that.

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
Tony,

I do not think it is the NAME of Jesus that Christians are attached to. I think it is the PERSON of Jesus.
Baha'u'llah was not Jesus, He was another Person.....
It does not MATTER to Christians that Baha'u'llah has the same Holy Spirit.
He is not the same man Jesus. The attachment is to the SAME man Jesus, Christians do not want a man with a New Name.

That is it in a nutshell.

p.s. If you ever listened to Christian radio stations as I do, you would realize what I am talking about.
They have turned Jesus into God and they worship Jesus as God.

I love listening to the music because it is inspiring but I have to turn it off when they sing about Jesus as if He is God and about Jesus returning.
It is just too painful to listen to that.
Thank you for that Trailblazer, I take my thoughts from the translation of this Tablet, which is adressed to the Christians.

"Lawḥ-i-Aqdas
(The Most Holy Tablet)1
This is the Most Holy Tablet sent down from the holy kingdom unto the one who hath set his face towards the Object of the adoration of the world, He Who hath come from the heaven of eternity, invested with transcendent glory

In the name of the Lord, the Lord of great glory.

This is an Epistle from Our presence unto him whom the veils of names have failed to keep back from God, the Creator of earth and heaven, that his eyes may be cheered in the days of his Lord, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting.

Say, O followers of the Son! (Jesus Crist) Have ye shut out yourselves from Me by reason of My Name? Wherefore ponder ye not in your hearts? Day and night ye have been calling upon your Lord, the Omnipotent, but when He came from the heaven of eternity in His great glory, ye turned aside from Him and remained sunk in heedlessness..."

Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Thank you for that Trailblazer, I take my thoughts from the translation of this Tablet, which is adressed to the Christians.

"Lawḥ-i-Aqdas
(The Most Holy Tablet)1
This is the Most Holy Tablet sent down from the holy kingdom unto the one who hath set his face towards the Object of the adoration of the world, He Who hath come from the heaven of eternity, invested with transcendent glory

In the name of the Lord, the Lord of great glory.

This is an Epistle from Our presence unto him whom the veils of names have failed to keep back from God, the Creator of earth and heaven, that his eyes may be cheered in the days of his Lord, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting.

Say, O followers of the Son! (Jesus Crist) Have ye shut out yourselves from Me by reason of My Name? Wherefore ponder ye not in your hearts? Day and night ye have been calling upon your Lord, the Omnipotent, but when He came from the heaven of eternity in His great glory, ye turned aside from Him and remained sunk in heedlessness..."

Regards Tony
There are a lot more verses like that. Here are two.

“Ye make mention of Me, and know Me not. Ye call upon Me, and are heedless of My Revelation…. O people of the Gospel! They who were not in the Kingdom have now entered it, whilst We behold you, in this day, tarrying at the gate. Rend the veils asunder by the power of your Lord, the Almighty, the All-Bounteous, and enter, then, in My name My Kingdom. Thus biddeth you He Who desireth for you everlasting life…”
Bahá'í Reference Library - Proclamation of Bahá’u’lláh, Page 91

“WE, verily, have come for your sakes, and have borne the misfortunes of the world for your salvation. Flee ye the One Who hath sacrificed His life that ye may be quickened? Fear God, O followers of the Spirit (Jesus), and walk not in the footsteps of every divine that hath gone far astray… Open the doors of your hearts. He Who is the Spirit (Jesus) verily, standeth before them.”

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
There are a lot more verses like that. Here are two.

“Ye make mention of Me, and know Me not. Ye call upon Me, and are heedless of My Revelation…. O people of the Gospel! They who were not in the Kingdom have now entered it, whilst We behold you, in this day, tarrying at the gate. Rend the veils asunder by the power of your Lord, the Almighty, the All-Bounteous, and enter, then, in My name My Kingdom. Thus biddeth you He Who desireth for you everlasting life…”
Bahá'í Reference Library - Proclamation of Bahá’u’lláh, Page 91

“WE, verily, have come for your sakes, and have borne the misfortunes of the world for your salvation. Flee ye the One Who hath sacrificed His life that ye may be quickened? Fear God, O followers of the Spirit (Jesus), and walk not in the footsteps of every divine that hath gone far astray… Open the doors of your hearts. He Who is the Spirit (Jesus) verily, standeth before them.”
The Names of God bring those realities into existence, even the Name Jesus.

"Furthermore, the reality of Divinity is characterized by certain names and attributes. Among these names are Creator, Resuscitator, Provider, the All-Present, Almighty, Omniscient and Giver. These names and attributes of Divinity are eternal and not accidental. This is a very subtle point which demands close attention. Their existence is proved and necessitated by the appearance of phenomena. For example, Creator presupposes creation, Resuscitator implies resuscitation, Provider necessitates provision; otherwise, these would be empty and impossible names. Merciful evidences an object upon which mercy is bestowed. If mercy were not manifest, this attribute of God would not be realized. The name Lord proves the existence of subjects over whom sovereignty is exercised. The name Omniscient demands the objects of all-knowing. Unless these objects existed, omniscience would be meaningless and without function. The name the Wise necessitates objects for the exercise of wisdom; and unless wisdom comprehended them, this name would be inconceivable. Therefore, the divine names and attributes presuppose the existence of phenomena implied by those names and attributes. And vice versa -- the sovereignty of God is proved and established through their verity and being."

‘Abdu’l-Bahá, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 271-272

This link, under the above quote, has made a good effort of putting some Names of God together, tge list is already substantial.

So Jesus has significant meaning, the meaning of His name was His Message.

“The word Jesus is the Latin form of the Greek Iesous, which in turn is the transliteration of the Hebrew Jeshua, or Joshua, or again Jehoshua, meaning ‘[God] is salvation.’" The Catechism of the Catholic Church adds, “Jesus means in Hebrew: ‘God saves.’"

Just as the Name of Baha’u’llah (The Glory of God) does. The Promise of God is that the "Glory of God" would appear at the end of the ages.

Mount Carmel would also see the "Glory of God".

As you are aware, and so much more.

Regards Tony

Last edited:

Tinkerpeach

(My explanation)

Regards Tony
Revelations still tells us how Jesus will come back and it’s very clear.

Not sure what your point about names has to do with it.

Tinkerpeach

That simply means Jesus is going back to Heaven until His return.

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
Revelations still tells us how Jesus will come back and it’s very clear.

Not sure what your point about names has to do with it.
That is because Christ has come back 3 times since, just as the Bible has told us will happen.

The only way we can see this has happened is to know that when Christ returns, it is not with the name Jesus.

I can hand on heart advise that Muhammad, the Bab and Baha'u'llah were Manifestations of God, as Jesus was, they too were Annointed.

Are you able to see that relevance?

Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That simply means Jesus is going back to Heaven until His return.
There are no verses that say Jesus is going back to Heaven until His return.
YOU say that.

The verses say:

No more does not mean coming back.

no more

nothing further.
"there was no more to be said about it"

no further.
"you must have some soup, but no more wine"

exist no longer.
"the patch of ground was overgrown and the hut was no more"

never again.
"mention his name no more to me"

neither.
"I had no complaints and no more did Tom"

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The key here though, not the flesh, but the Holy Spirit reality of Jesus.

Regards Tony
The key here is that Jesus said He was NO MORE in this world, but Christians cannot face reality, so they come up with ridiculous explanations such as this one: That simply means Jesus is going back to Heaven until His return.

Tinkerpeach

There are no verses that say Jesus is going back to Heaven until His return.
YOU say that.

The verses say:

No more does not mean coming back.

no more

nothing further.
"there was no more to be said about it"

no further.
"you must have some soup, but no more wine"

exist no longer.
"the patch of ground was overgrown and the hut was no more"

never again.
"mention his name no more to me"

neither.
"I had no complaints and no more did Tom"
Actually no more is a present term.

If Jesus said no more ever then you would have a point but he didn’t.

If I jump behind a wall and say you see me no more does that mean forever? No it just means until I come out from behind the wall.

And besides, Revelations specifically tells us Jesus will come back.