• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Return of Christ

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Incorruptible is the way I read it and when we have the Christos indwelling in our minds and our beating hearts so much that we live through this spirit, we walk in a manner that is not corrupt, nor in error but in truth. Seeds come to mind in your addition of the writ, which is what I'm speaking about specifically. My kind, your kind, their kind, and other kinds all of the same spirit. I think this is called a type of unity and applies to many mansions.
A few problems with the way Baha'is interpret these kinds of things... Dead to them means "spiritually" dead. One Baha'i used that to explain the resurrection of Lazarus... Saying that Lazarus was "spiritually" dead until Jesus came to visit him, and then he became "spiritually" alive.

Why go to all the trouble? If they don't want to believe that Jesus or anybody else are not physically resurrected, why not just say so? It's only because they need to show that they do believe in the Bible and the NT but just not literally. So, then they must come up with a reasonable sounding "symbolic" interpretation.

But then, why would they take anything that Paul said as the "Word of God"? They believe the manifestation, in this case, Jesus, is the only one that can speak the truth from God. Unless they are going to claim that Paul was a prophet. But then, are they willing to accept all the things Paul said? Like anything that would being saved by grace, and being saved from a sin nature that was inherited from Adam. Which I don't see how they can believe, since they claim Adam was a manifestation of God, just like Baha'u'llah and Jesus.

I think they try too hard to be everything to every religion to try and support their claim that their prophet is the return of every promised one ever promised by any religion. So, Baha'u'llah has to be the return of Krishna, the return of Jesus and Buddha and the Madhi of Islam and Messiah of Judaism. To do that, they have to go through a lot of hoops to make the prophesies from all those religions work. I just think they go way overboard in their attempt.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
I don't believe in the Bible, neither in Satan/demons, but your statement "The irony is that Jesus never promised to return to earth, not even once in the New Testament." is completely false. Even John contradicts himself.

Again, Paul opens his letters in 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Philippians, Philemon, 1 Thessalonians, and Colossians by referring to God as our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ.
Also “God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ” (Acts 2:36).

"Jesus is Lord" (Greek: Κύριος Ἰησοῦς, Kýrios Iēsoûs) is the shortest credal affirmation found in the New Testament, one of several slightly more elaborate variations. It serves as a statement of faith for the majority of Christians.... It is the motto of the World Council of Churches.

This is my point exactly...
Baha'is have a strange relationship with all the other major religions. They believe that all of them were true, and that the "original" teachings were true. But what are these "original" teachings? The closest thing that Baha'is can offer is that whatever their prophet says is true about the Scriptures of those other religions, those things are true. Anything else is iffy.

They definitely don't agree with the interpretations of the Scriptures as believed by the followers of that particular religion. Their biggest criticism is that they take their Scriptures too literally and say that many of those things should be interpreted symbolically. And Baha'is are right there with a symbolic interpretation.

These things about Jesus saying that his work is finished and that he never said he was going to return are things I've only heard from one Baha'i, TB. She used to say that she knows nothing about the Bible. Now she knows enough to know that Christians are wrong, and that they don't even understand their own Scriptures.

Ironically, for a religion that claims religious unity and that all the religions are true, the Baha'is sure do a good job at causing disunity between the religions. By the time Baha'is are finished with them, the only thing true about the other religions... is what Baha'is say is true.

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
This question is for non-believers of the Christian faith. All Christians believe that Christ will return. When you hear them say this what do you think it really means?
It just means that they believe the Christ will return. All religions have this belief about their chosen Messiah, it is not anything unusual.

Christians believe Christ will return, Muslims believe Imam Mahdi will return, Jews believe Moshiach will come, Hindus believe Kalki will come, Buddhists believe Maitreya will come. All these are the same type of beliefs.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
It just means that they believe the Christ will return. All religions have this belief about their chosen Messiah, it is not anything unusual.

Christians believe Christ will return, Muslims believe Imam Mahdi will return, Jews believe Moshiach will come, Hindus believe Kalki will come, Buddhists believe Maitreya will come. All these are the same type of beliefs.
Sweet. Maybe someone will come for all of them. Haha

Ajax

It just shows that most people are afraid of death and they can not accept the fact that nature can be cruel at times. Sometimes very cruel indeed.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I don't believe in the Bible, neither in Satan/demons, but your statement "The irony is that Jesus never promised to return to earth, not even once in the New Testament." is completely false. Even John contradicts himself.
Other than verses that say 'we will see' the Son of man coming in the clouds, where in the NT did Jesus promise to return to earth?
Whew does John contradict himself?
Again, Paul opens his letters in 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Philippians, Philemon, 1 Thessalonians, and Colossians by referring to God as our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ.
Also “God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ” (Acts 2:36)
Ask me if I care what Paul wrote? I believe much of it is false. God is Lord so that means that Jesus is not Lord, since Jesus is not God.
"Jesus is Lord" (Greek: Κύριος Ἰησοῦς, Kýrios Iēsoûs) is the shortest credal affirmation found in the New Testament, one of several slightly more elaborate variations. It serves as a statement of faith for the majority of Christians.... It is the motto of the World Council of Churches.
See above.
This is my point exactly...
Mine too. I take what I like in the Bible and leave the rest. There is NO reason it all has to be accurate in order for some of it to be.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why is it that you ask a question of non-Christians then attempt to dis the answers?
Rhetorical question, right? You know the answer. Why do creationists ask empiricists why empiricists accept the theory of evolution, or ask what evidence there is supporting it? It's not for information.
This question is for non-believers of the Christian faith. All Christians believe that Christ will return. When you hear them say this what do you think it really means?
That they're probably wrong about what they believe by faith.
Not asking if you think it's special I'm asking what you get out of it. I mean it's totally cool if you don't get anything out of it.
What would you expect an unbeliever to get out of hearing that belief expressed? Nothing valuable.
For me the return of Christ gives me great joy and lets me know everything’s going to be OK.
You must mean the promise of that. That promise has no value to a skeptic. It needn't be kept and probably cannot be kept.

I agree that everything will be OK after death, but not necessarily before depending on your luck and your philosophy/psychology.
Afraid? Nah. They just know they’ll live again.
No, they don't know that. They choose to believe it. And why? Because they want eternal pie-in-the-sky and think that believing it exists makes it exist.
Maybe he got caught up in the clouds.
Maybe, but even if he was mighty enough to pass through a cloud and even if he travelled at the speed of light, he'd be no further than 2000 lightyears from earth now
There is always a minority of enlightened souls who look into the new Messenger with an open mind and accept Him.
Enlightened? Au contraire. Benighted. You're not describing an open mind, but rather, an uncritical one. A critical thinker shouldn't believe the claims of a so-called messenger absent evidence that he wasn't just a man speaking his own mind and attributing it to a god.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Rhetorical question, right? You know the answer. Why do creationists ask empiricists why empiricists accept the theory of evolution, or ask what evidence there is supporting it? It's not for information.

That they're probably wrong about what they believe by faith.

What would you expect an unbeliever to get out of hearing that belief expressed? Nothing valuable.

You must mean the promise of that. That promise has no value to a skeptic. It needn't be kept and probably cannot be kept.

I agree that everything will be OK after death, but not necessarily before depending on your luck and your philosophy/psychology.

No, they don't know that. They choose to believe it. And why? Because they want eternal pie-in-the-sky and think that believing it exists makes it exist.

Maybe, but even if he was mighty enough to pass through a cloud and even if he travelled at the speed of light, he'd be no further than 2000 lightyears from earth now

Enlightened? Au contraire. Benighted. You're not describing an open mind, but rather, an uncritical one. A critical thinker shouldn't believe the claims of a so-called messenger absent evidence that he wasn't just a man speaking his own mind and attributing it to a god.
The pie in the sky is real. It taste good too. It’s blueberry pie.

Ajax

Other than verses that say 'we will see' the Son of man coming in the clouds, where in the NT did Jesus promise to return to earth?
Whew does John contradict himself?

Ask me if I care what Paul wrote? I believe much of it is false. God is Lord so that means that Jesus is not Lord, since Jesus is not God.

See above.

Mine too. I take what I like in the Bible and leave the rest. There is NO reason it all has to be accurate in order for some of it to be.
You are too stubborn and refuse to see the evidence I have presented to you. Oh well, no problem... I just hate repeating myself..Take care.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You are too stubborn and refuse to see the evidence I have presented to you. Oh well, no problem... I just hate repeating myself..Take care.
As atheists like to say about MY evidence for God and Baha'u'llah, what you presented is not evidence that Jesus is Lord or that Jesus is going to return to earth. Anyone can write a book, but the book itself is not evidence that anything in the book is actually true.