• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Return of Christ

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The pie in the sky is real. It taste good too. It’s blueberry pie.
Nobody knows what the afterlife will be like, they can only believe it will be so great. I for one am not buying that.
I am sure in my mind that there is an afterlife but I don't pretend to know what it will be like.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Nobody knows what the afterlife will be like, they can only believe it will be so great. I for one am not buying that.
I am sure in my mind that there is an afterlife but I don't pretend to know what it will be like.
Imo I know this life is the afterlife as do many others

Ajax

As atheists like to say about MY evidence for God and Baha'u'llah, what you presented is not evidence that Jesus is Lord or that Jesus is going to return to earth. Anyone can write a book, but the book itself is not evidence that anything in the book is actually true.
You misunderstood my whole point. I just told you what Christians believe that their Bible states. Jesus in the NT says himself a few times that he will return (unlike your claim which is a lie). In fact Jesus predicted three times that he will return during the lifetime of his disciples. Also Christians call Jesus Lord since the middle of the first century, whether you agree or not.
Personally, I don't believe in the Christian Bible, any other 'comic' religion, the afterlife, or Jesus' return.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Sweet. Maybe someone will come for all of them. Haha
.... and I find that 'someone' is the King mentioned at Matt. 25:34 aka Christ Jesus because he is King of God's Kingdom 1st Cor. 15:24-26

I suppose the "Haha' will be on the figurative 'goats' but Not on the 'sheep' - Matt. 25:40

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The afterlife’s are infinite;)
There is No 'afterlife' teaching (more alive after death than before death) in the Bible but rather future resurrection - Acts 24:15
The dead 'sleep' according to Jesus until Resurrection Day ( Jesus' coming 1000 year day ) - John 11;11-14

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Probably wrong? I believe that are flat out wrong, but nobody can prove that can they?
As such, Christians will keep waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for the same man Jesus to come down from heaven through the clouds, no matter how ridiculous that is.
The clouds made Jesus invisible to the people watching - Acts 1:9-11
They saw Jesus taken away hidden by the clouds, so spirit person Jesus will Not be visible - John 14:19
The ' sword-like executional words from Jesus' mouth ' is what will execute the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4
Jesus comes with invisible angelic armies - Rev. 19:14-15

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
You misunderstood my whole point. I just told you what Christians believe that their Bible states. Jesus in the NT says himself a few times that he will return (unlike your claim which is a lie). In fact Jesus predicted four times that he will return during the lifetime of his disciples. Also Christians call Jesus Lord since the middle of the first century, whether you agree or not.
Personally, I don't believe in the Christian Bible, any other 'comic' religion, the afterlife, or Jesus' return.
Ironically, it's one thing that Baha'is do believe about Christianity that makes me question them along with Christianity, and that is the virgin birth.

I've asked several Baha'is to comment on why an event that none of the gospel writers witnessed and only two of them even mentioned and their stories contradict each other.

But it's that the virgin birth is based on only one out-of-context verse in Isaiah chapter seven. The gospel writers use none of the other verses that talk about this boy.

For me, the story would have been way too easily made up. And the only purpose would be to make Jesus into a God, and to be literally the son of God. None of that helps the Baha'is. They need to bring him down to the level of Moses, Muhammad and their prophets, the Bab and Baha'u'llah... Which is God-like, but not God... but a "manifestation of God."

Whatever, it's all still a bunch of beliefs that must be taken on faith. But the way believers argue, it's as if they have irrefutable proof and evidence that their prophet and Scriptures are the absolute truth.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
There is No 'afterlife' teaching (more alive after death than before death) in the Bible but rather future resurrection - Acts 24:15
The dead 'sleep' according to Jesus until Resurrection Day ( Jesus' coming 1000 year day ) - John 11;11-14
Resurrection day will be the afterlife

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Resurrection day will be the afterlife
To me Resurrection will be 'after death ' the future Resurrection Day meaning Jesus' coming Millennium-Long Day governing over Earth
Afterlife means: being more alive after death than before death. That is Not a Bible nor a Jesus teaching
Jesus and the OT both agree in teaching 'sleep' in death - John 11:11-14; Psalms 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5
Please notice the ' future tense ' is used at Acts 24:15 that ' there is going to be ' a resurrection.........

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Just heard on moody radio. A woman just said life only flows from Jesus. I agree with that.
Yes, since Jesus paid the ransom price for our lives - Matthew 20:28
Jesus is: Savior, Rescuer/ Deliverer especially starting with the humble 'sheep' at the coming time found at Matthew 25:31-34,37,40

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
I think it's true. The reason is both Quran and hadiths say the same thing.
I don't believe it is literally true. It is true in the person of Baha'u'llah as He represented the same God, as a perfect mirror reflects the same sun.

I know you don't believe that, but just telling you how I see it.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You do not know that, you only believe that.... the same goes for what I believe.
Imo, people who believe that they are coming back to this world again after they die believe that because that is what they want to believe, either because they like this world and it is what they are familiar with, or because they think we should have more chances to get it right, but there is no evidence that we will ever come back to this world again.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
You do not know that, you only believe that.... the same goes for what I believe.
Imo, people who believe that they are coming back to this world again after they die believe that because that is what they want to believe, either because they like this world and it is what they are familiar with, or because they think we should have more chances to get it right, but there is no evidence that we will ever come back to this world again.
I do though

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Ironically, it's one thing that Baha'is do believe about Christianity that makes me question them along with Christianity, and that is the virgin birth.
I know you won't answer me directly, but I really wonder why you have such a big problem with the virgin birth and don't have problems with the ridiculous beliefs that Christians hold, like Jesus rising from the grave after 3 days and Jesus floating up into the sky to heaven and returning from heaven through the clouds. The list of ridiculous beliefs is very long. Meanwhile the virgin birth is just one miracle that God was responsible for, it is not ridiculous.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't believe it is literally true. It is true in the person of Baha'u'llah as He represented the same God, as a perfect mirror reflects the same sun.

I know you don't believe that, but just telling you how I see it.
The Quran is supposed to judge disputes of the past. Christians it says it went too far in trinity and making Isa (a) more that a chosen servant of God (someone who God favored mankind through) but then it says he will be a sign of the hour. Else where it says he was not killed nor crucified, and that no people of the book will remain but will believe in him before his death.

If Christians were wrong about this, it would correct them same way it corrected them about trinity. But instead it confirmed the are right about him returning but it says he was not killed and is not an Angel nor to be equated with God.

Why didn't the Quran correct them regarding this per Bahai Faith. I'm sure we'll get the God is a tester/riddler/deceiver type response as usual.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
To me Resurrection will be 'after death '
Yes, that is in the Bible.

1 Corinthians 15
New Living Translation

The Resurrection Body

35 But someone may ask, “How will the dead be raised? What kind of bodies will they have?”

40 There are also bodies in the heavens and bodies on the earth. The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies. 41 The sun has one kind of glory, while the moon and stars each have another kind. And even the stars differ from each other in their glory.

42 It is the same way with the resurrection of the dead. Our earthly bodies are planted in the ground when we die, but they will be raised to live forever. 43 Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength. 44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

50 What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever.
51 But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed!

These dying bodies (physical bodies) cannot inherit what will last forever (heaven). That is why after we die our physical bodies will be transformed into spiritual bodies. Our bodies will be raised as spiritual bodies so they can exist forever in heaven, NOT so they can exist forever on earth. Spiritual bodies do not exist in earth, only physical bodies exist on earth.
the future Resurrection Day meaning Jesus' coming Millennium-Long Day governing over Earth
No, that is not in the Bible.
Afterlife means: being more alive after death than before death. That is Not a Bible nor a Jesus teaching
No, that is not what afterlife means. Afterlife means another life we will have 'after' this life on earth is over.
That is a Bible teaching. It is right there in the verses I cited above.
Jesus and the OT both agree in teaching 'sleep' in death - John 11:11-14; Psalms 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5
There is nothing about sleep in any of the verses you cited, except for these:

John 11:11-14
New International Version

After he had said this, he went on to tell them, “Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep; but I am going there to wake him up.”
12 His disciples replied, “Lord, if he sleeps, he will get better.” 13 Jesus had been speaking of his death, but his disciples thought he meant natural sleep. 14 So then he told them plainly, “Lazarus is dead,

The disciples thought that Jesus was asleep, but Jesus corrected them in verse 14 and said that Lazarus was not asleep, Lazarus was dead.
Please notice the ' future tense ' is used at Acts 24:15 that ' there is going to be ' a resurrection.........
Yes, there IS going to be a resurrection, but not a resurrection of dead physical bodies from their graves. The physical body once dead remains dead and in the grave.
44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

Then it is transformed into a spiritual body si it can live forever in heaven.
51 But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed!

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Right, there are both spirit bodies ( like the angels and saints/holy ones - Daniel 7:18) and natural or physical bodies.
The physical 'sheep' are alive on Earth at the time of separation - Matthew 25:31-34,37,40 - and can remain alive on Earth with the opportunity to gain everlasting life on Earth as originally offered to physical father Adam before his downfall

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member

I do though
A serious question we can ask ourselves, and also meditate upon, is "Why do NDE experiences predominantly enter a world where they, in no way shape or form, want to come back into their body?

Nearly all describe worlds beyond explanations, Love beyond what this world can produce, or even experience.

This world is a mirage, a mere figment of our imagination, a mere semblance of reality, a construct of our mind.

By the way, all those that want it, are welcome to it and all it can give.

Regards Tony