• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the right religion

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
islam is the way of muhamed and his compains, before he died he ordered us to follow his steps and advised us that his compains are the best who understand his way as they are attending his life and understand the quran more than anybody else because they asked the prophet directly

Salafi then,Wahabbi ? if so then that must affect how this Islam views other Muslims like Sufis or more liberal Muslims in the west

CaptainBritain

Salafi then,Wahabbi ? if so then that must affect how this Islam views other Muslims like Sufis or more liberal Muslims in the west

By the way they kill each other, it seems even choosing the right religion has its wrong paths,

Best bet is to ignore every human being alive on the subject and wait for God (should he exist) to tell you himself, saves a lot of confusion.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
By the way they kill each other, it seems even choosing the right religion has its wrong paths,

Best bet is to ignore every human being alive on the subject and wait for God (should he exist) to tell you himself, saves a lot of confusion.

Salafis are at work in Egypt at the moment,some are quite happy to kill other Muslims because they don't count as Muslims because of innovations etc,there are quite a few paths in Islam,there is also the Sunni V Shi ite,i think its obvious that there isn't a right religion or even if religion could be right

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I would add that no matter which religion you follow that if you are born into the wrong demograph your life is likely to be **** no matter how hard you pray IMO

Acim

Revelation all the time
show me how the universe indicates a creator.
show me how I indicate a creator.
show me how the function of my body indicates a creator.

Think about it.

(Not sure what you mean by "show me" - but am willing to learn.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
if it's useful, i'll like to be taught about them, but do you try to learn about the torah, gospel or the quran?

Before I became Hindu, I did some rudimentary study of the Torah, but not all that in-depth. Most of it doesn't speak to me that much. The Gospel is quite good; in fact, many Hindus accept it. There's actually a book entitled "Sermon on the Mount According to Vedanta" written by a disciple of a disciple of Sri Ramakrishna. It's quite good. As for the Qur'an, I've read bits of it, and I like some parts of it, and others not so much. I love the Al Fatihah prayer, but the justice system outlined in it is so full of faults that it couldn't have come from an infallible God. Not to mention, I refuse to believe a God of Love would even allow an eternal hell to exist, let alone send people there for petty reasons.

So, I do know of them a little, and do intend to study them once I'm more grounded in Hinduism.

If you have any questions about Hinduism, just drop by the Hindu DIR and ask. Paramahamsa Yogananda and Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami both have disciples here on this forum, so they can give you more information about them. As for Sri Ramakrishna, there's plenty of information about him online, but a good start to who he is would be that before he started teaching, he practiced many different religions, including Islam, for a while, and found that they all lead to the same thing.

Last edited:

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Riverwolf,

Personal understanding of RELIGIONS per se is that they are all PATHS or WAYS to reach the same state of mind/No-mind; however it is only the interpreter with their own minds which is obviously has a coloured glass have passed it on and a small deviation over time makes the gap very large which is what has happened to most humans in understanding the Paths/Ways the follow.
As nothing much can be done about such matters as it is their karma so at best create a Buddha field [meditative energy] where those who come within its range too gets transformed and their third eye gets opened where all colours fall.

Love & rgds

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
I just read something on an Islamic website that the only way to acheive paradise is to believe in Allah and his Last Messenger or suffer eternal damnation....Tell me how this isn't psychologically distressing? Oh wait, an idea for another thread!

islam abduallah

call it as you like to call it, it doesn't matter for me, some people i think you are one of them thought that salafi or wahhabi are branches of islam which needs from you believe or do something special to be belonged to them, indeed that's totally wrong, most of muslims act as what you called salafi or wahhabi, even if they do sins not bearded and other things which you may think that it's belong to salafists

we love sufis muslim and we are living with them long time ago but we have some objections about their thoughts but we don't consider them as non muslim
about liberal muslim i don't understand what you want to say? tell me about them, i just know little symbols of the western muslims like yusuf estes and pierre vogel

islam abduallah

I just read something on an Islamic website that the only way to acheive paradise is to believe in Allah and his Last Messenger or suffer eternal damnation....Tell me how this isn't psychologically distressing? Oh wait, an idea for another thread!

ok, wait to the other thread and you will learn more :)

islam abduallah

Before I became Hindu, I did some rudimentary study of the Torah, but not all that in-depth. Most of it doesn't speak to me that much. The Gospel is quite good; in fact, many Hindus accept it. There's actually a book entitled "Sermon on the Mount According to Vedanta" written by a disciple of a disciple of Sri Ramakrishna. It's quite good. As for the Qur'an, I've read bits of it, and I like some parts of it, and others not so much. I love the Al Fatihah prayer, but the justice system outlined in it is so full of faults that it couldn't have come from an infallible God. Not to mention, I refuse to believe a God of Love would even allow an eternal hell to exist, let alone send people there for petty reasons.

So, I do know of them a little, and do intend to study them once I'm more grounded in Hinduism.

If you have any questions about Hinduism, just drop by the Hindu DIR and ask. Paramahamsa Yogananda and Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami both have disciples here on this forum, so they can give you more information about them. As for Sri Ramakrishna, there's plenty of information about him online, but a good start to who he is would be that before he started teaching, he practiced many different religions, including Islam, for a while, and found that they all lead to the same thing.

i agree with you about torah, most of it's texts had been distorted by people and indeed they added some texts which i feel shy to read it loudly, also i agree with you, i likethe gospel too much, specially luke 5, 17 i like to read them too much specially if there's a debate with christians about the divinity of jesus:)
about the quran, i think you misunderstand it, i think just because you don't read it fully, but any way you still have the chance to do, and you will understand the wise behind that
believe when i got enough spare time, i'll read abuot it as muchas i can, may i could ask you not others :)

islam abduallah

@islam abduallah, before you leave will you reply to my requests?

give me some time to writethe proper answer,it's in my head but needs some time to translate it, forgive me i don't speak english natively , i'm not escaping don't worry, i'll answer you because if i don't you will still agnostic as you are now, and i'm really worried about you, :)
don't feel offensive

jelly

give me some time to writethe proper answer,it's in my head but needs some time to translate it, forgive me i don't speak english natively , i'm not escaping don't worry, i'll answer you because if i don't you will still agnostic as you are now, and i'm really worried about you, :)
don't feel offensive
um, I am not unsure.
I am ignostic.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Dude, he's not a native speaker, and half of the people who are don't know what ignosticism is.

We seriously need to adopt Ravelry's Rule 1: Don't Be A Jerk.

jelly

Dude, he's not a native speaker, and half of the people who are don't know what ignosticism is.

We seriously need to adopt Ravelry's Rule 1: Don't Be A Jerk.
@islam abduallah & Storm
I apologize.
I am not agnostic, I am ignostic.