• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the right religion

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
well, i got your point, but you are mistaken they will have a sever punishment too read the begining of chapter 24 well :)

Ah, okay. I was mistaken.

The point is, with the modern form of determining guilt, even one witness isn't always necessary, depending on the crime.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
how buddhists don't consider buddha a god? bowing down for him isn't a worship? buidling temples for him isn't a worship? i asked some of them they said that they consdier him the god, and then you are denying that, how do you judge?

The Buddha's own words:

the Buddha: "In this same class the disciples are the earnest disciples of other faiths, who clinging to the notions of such things as, the soul as an external entity, Supreme Atman, Personal God, seek a [belief] that is in harmony with them. ...But none of these, earnest though they be, have gained an insight into the truth of the twofold egolessness and are, therefore, of limited spiritual insights as regards deliverance and non-deliverance; for them there is no emancipation. They have great self-confidence but they can never gain a true knowledge of Nirvana." [Lankavatara Sutra]

I grabbed this from another thread in the Buddhism DIR in a post by Tathagata, who is VERY knowledgeable of Buddhist scripture.

did the jesus said he is the god? he had never said i'm the god or worship me, christians consider him a god because of his miracles,

And things like "I and the Father are One", "Whoever sees Me sees the Father", etc.

magalaan

there r many religion in the world, but surly there r only one right religion, but how could we reach the right believe, the right path? :)

I can only sincerely say: this religion is right for me

I think whatever is true (to its nature) is self-evident and need not be taught, spread, or even believed to sustain. Only illusions must be constantly maintained to keep them alive. It the experience with belief is not same as without, than it is not pure.

The right path? That is the one my feet find

islam abduallah

Ah, okay. I was mistaken.

The point is, with the modern form of determining guilt, even one witness isn't always necessary, depending on the crime.

ok, i think you are little confused or maybe i couldn't understand you well, anyway i'll write to you more details tomorrow about that :)

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
how buddhists don't consider buddha a god? bowing down for him isn't a worship? buidling temples for him isn't a worship? i asked some of them they said that they consdier him the god, and then you are denying that, how do you judge?
They honor him for his Enlightenment, but moreso for teaching them how to achieve the same. That's not the same thing as thinking he was God.

The Buddha's position is alien to Abrahamic thought. I suspect that when you were told he was God, it was a miscommunication.

islam abduallah

Riverwolf

Premium Member
There are Hindus who consider Buddha to be one of the avatars of Lord Vishnu (I'm not really one of them), so this mindset might have influenced some schools of Buddhism into turning him into a God-figure.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
You could ask some Buddhists on this forum and see what they say. I'd be willing to bet your left gonad that none of them believe Buddha is a god.
did the jesus said he is the god? he had never said i'm the god or worship me, christians consider him a god because of his miracles,
You have no idea what you're talking about. Christians don't consider Jesus "a god because of his miracles." We consider him God because that's what he is.

Cain

You have no idea what you're talking about. Christians don't consider Jesus "a god because of his miracles." We consider him God because that's what he is.
What a pompous statement! "I know it's true because the Bible tells me so" . . . pathetic explanation based on nothing rational.