• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the right religion

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
i agree with you about torah, most of it's texts had been distorted by people and indeed they added some texts which i feel shy to read it loudly, also i agree with you, i likethe gospel too much, specially luke 5, 17 i like to read them too much specially if there's a debate with christians about the divinity of jesus:)

I think you'll find this funny. Many Hindus believe in the divinity of Jesus. :D (I go back and forth on the issue; it's really not that important for me.)

about the quran, i think you misunderstand it, i think just because you don't read it fully,

Right, I've only read bits of it. But honestly, while parts of it seem like the word of God, others, like the aforementioned justice system, don't. I'm primarily referring to the idea that a person is guilty if four people can be found to testify against him/her. This isn't any more reliable than having two witnesses when it comes to determining guilt.

but any way you still have the chance to do, and you will understand the wise behind that
believe when i got enough spare time, i'll read abuot it as muchas i can, may i could ask you not others :)

If you like. Just keep in mind that others are going to be more knowledgeable than I am.

nameless

The Creator
there r many religion in the world, but surly there r only one right religion, but how could we reach the right believe, the right path? :)
the right religions are those which says there are many right religions, all others are fundamentalists and false ......

islam abduallah

I think you'll find this funny. Many Hindus believe in the divinity of Jesus. :D (I go back and forth on the issue; it's really not that important for me.)

Right, I've only read bits of it. But honestly, while parts of it seem like the word of God, others, like the aforementioned justice system, don't. I'm primarily referring to the idea that a person is guilty if four people can be found to testify against him/her. This isn't any more reliable than having two witnesses when it comes to determining guilt.

If you like. Just keep in mind that others are going to be more knowledgeable than I am.

yes, it's little funny, so why they are not christians?
so do you prefer 2 witnesses more than 4?

Draka

Wonder Woman
The only right religion for me is my own. To do otherwise would be to go against my own logic and reasoning, my own experiences, my own mind itself. I can no more simply choose to believe something contrary to everything I've ever learned than I can choose to believe that the moon is made of Swiss cheese and the sun is a tiny ball of light that orbits the earth.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I think perspective has a lot to do with beliefs... We all have different perspectives.

Some people will think communism is best for our country, then someone else will think being free is what we need so liberalism... etc.

Same goes for religion. We all experience different things and interpret them differently.

Deep down, the chance of my beliefs being right is VERY a low chance when I think about it, because I'm the only one who believes exactly what I believe, along with you, and the fundamentalist Christian next door. Whether we are part of the same religion, we all have different beliefs.

Why? Because of perspective, as I say again. Why do we have different perspectives? Emotion! If we lack emotion, we will visualize everything to be meaningless. We'd be like robots

Let's say if I experience a God, and I'm super happy, but another man experiences the same, but is super negative... I will believe it is God, the other guy could believe it is the Devil.

islam abduallah

Well, if Buddhism isn't a religion because Buddha isn't God, then how can Islam be a religion, because Muhammed sure as heck isn't God?

because we don't believe that muhamed peace upon him is a god, so no contradictions between the islam and mind, we didn't make a person as a prophet, he was sent by the god, is it clear?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
because we don't believe that muhamed peace upon him is a god, so no contradictions between the islam and mind, we didn't make a person as a prophet, he was sent by the god, is it clear?
So? The Buddhists don't believe Buddha was a god, either.

I think you're going to have to concede the point here. Buddhism is a religion.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
call it as you like to call it, it doesn't matter for me, some people i think you are one of them thought that salafi or wahhabi are branches of islam which needs from you believe or do something special to be belonged to them, indeed that's totally wrong, most of muslims act as what you called salafi or wahhabi, even if they do sins not bearded and other things which you may think that it's belong to salafists

Really it doesn't matter what i think,there is a Bukhari hadith though where Muhammed says something like there will be 73 sects in Islam,72 will go to the fire and only one will be the right one,the Prophet was asked which one to which he replied the one like me and the companions",i guess thats where Salafis come in,the first 3 generations of companions.

we love sufis muslim and we are living with them long time ago but we have some objections about their thoughts but we don't consider them as non muslim
about liberal muslim i don't understand what you want to say? tell me about them, i just know little symbols of the western muslims like yusuf estes and pierre vogel

In Britain there are many Muslims who to some are labelled Jahillya because to some Muslims living under the rule of Humans instead of your Gods law are unbelievers

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
yes, it's little funny, so why they are not christians?

They "sort of" are, but they treat Jesus as one of their own. That is, they are Hindu, but treat Jesus as a Hindu deity.

so do you prefer 2 witnesses more than 4?
Even 30 witnesses isn't good enough. There is a science to determining the guilt of someone, and it's been demonstrated to me time and time again that the modern methods, though still flawed, are as good as we've got right now.

Let me give you an example. Let's say four men gangrape a woman, and then all four testify in court that she committed adultery with them. By the justice system given in the Qur'an, this entirely innocent victim of rape would get punished for adultery, and the four men would (as far as I know) go free, or at least not get as severe a punishment. On the other hand, by our system, it's SUPER easy to check for DNA on the woman from semen, saliva, etc. (as long as she reports the crime IMMEDIATELY) to quickly determine who the real guilty party is, and send them to prison while the woman receives medical and psychiatric care.

atanu

Premium Member
right, people have different ways of conceptualizing Deity, but wrong also, as the god is only one, he's jesus or allah, or.........
so only one religion is the true in the god's eyes

How do you know that? Are you seeing through god's eyes? And is the only one religion that which you follow?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
But you said that Buddhism wasn't a religion because Buddha wasn't a god. If your criterion for a religion states that its founder must be a god, then Islam doesn't apply either, for Muhammed is its founder, and Muhammed isn't a god.

Jesus, on the other hand...:cool:

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
I am sorry Allah to me is Zeus on a power trip. I made a thread on how God loves me unconditionally. The Muslim position is difficult and hard to prove.

islam abduallah

They "sort of" are, but they treat Jesus as one of their own. That is, they are Hindu, but treat Jesus as a Hindu deity.

Even 30 witnesses isn't good enough. There is a science to determining the guilt of someone, and it's been demonstrated to me time and time again that the modern methods, though still flawed, are as good as we've got right now.

Let me give you an example. Let's say four men gangrape a woman, and then all four testify in court that she committed adultery with them. By the justice system given in the Qur'an, this entirely innocent victim of rape would get punished for adultery, and the four men would (as far as I know) go free, or at least not get as severe a punishment. On the other hand, by our system, it's SUPER easy to check for DNA on the woman from semen, saliva, etc. (as long as she reports the crime IMMEDIATELY) to quickly determine who the real guilty party is, and send them to prison while the woman receives medical and psychiatric care.

well, i got your point, but you are mistaken they will have a sever punishment too read the begining of chapter 24 well :)

islam abduallah

But you said that Buddhism wasn't a religion because Buddha wasn't a god. If your criterion for a religion states that its founder must be a god, then Islam doesn't apply either, for Muhammed is its founder, and Muhammed isn't a god.

Jesus, on the other hand...:cool:

how buddhists don't consider buddha a god? bowing down for him isn't a worship? buidling temples for him isn't a worship? i asked some of them they said that they consdier him the god, and then you are denying that, how do you judge?

did the jesus said he is the god? he had never said i'm the god or worship me, christians consider him a god because of his miracles,