• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the right religion

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
well, Text? so that i told you that the book should be 100% correct, do you examine the bible is it correct 100%, as if it contains one error you will do it

also what if the text against the tradition, what will you follow?
Quran is not 100% correct and Allah contradicts himself. So whats your point?

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
my name is Islam not abduallah, abduallah is a description for me "means the servant of allah" :)
i'd like to say that the middle east doesn't represent the islam, the population of the Arab muslims to the whole muslim population is 1:6 only, what about malaysia, indonesia (the biggest muslim population country) and turkey, are not they Muslims??, why you don't talk about them, why you don't talk about the Muslims in europe, in UK, in USA, they are also too much,
and what the mistakes Muslims do in Egypt or syria, libya, is asking for freedom a mistake ? i think Europe also pass by that period before. isn't it?

Yes I know that.

Sure, do you find any of these societies to be ideal as to what Westerners are aiming for?

So when is a time in which a majority of Muslim members actually confront the questions posed to them?
you are pointing anywhere else, but your own social challenges. is Islam, helpful or not to your social concerns?

You are not looking at it the same way most of us do. this is not about authentic freedom. revolutions is not something we have not heard of before in the last decades, taking place in either Egypt or Syria. what we see is political turmoil, the fact that you are brainwashed enough to talk about freedom is sad. citizens in your country are dying. there wont be any big changes with the outset of Mubarak. Egypt, your country is still going to be poor. neither Islam nor political movements are going to save you from tyranny. a solid secular middle class is unfortunately for you, the only option for a long term success.

Hellllo... ding ding ding! post # 191 !!!

I quoted the exchange for you because Caladan has a very valid point.

islam abduallah

Id choose the oldest one, and then the one that goes with it. Instead of a new book many years after the first two books, that contradicts first two books.

maybe the last book is the true as the oldest two are distorted, and why the god after the first book send another one?

islam abduallah

Why should it be 100% correct? Whoever set that standard? The text is part of the tradition. If the two contradict we use reason and experience.

do you think that's a complete religion?, it's incomplete religion,

a religion from the god should be suitable to all of the mankind, at any place, at any era what ever their traditions they will accept it, otherwise it''s not complete religion and doesn't deserve to be followed

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
do you think that's a complete religion?, it's incomplete religion,

a religion from the god should be suitable to all of the mankind, at any place, at any era what ever their traditions they will accept it, otherwise it''s not complete religion and doesn't deserve to be followed
Xy is suitable to all humanity.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Not necessarily. Just because something is suitable does not mean it's preferred.

If it was suitable it wouldn't have rules against the natural order of things in the world. If it was suitable it wouldn't go against what society deems acceptable. If it was universally suitable then it would be changeable and flexible to suit advances of societal and scientific understanding throughout time. No religion with a set holy book can claim any of that.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I think this latest debate is an issue of different semantics. "Suitable," in my book, doesn't mean "perfect" so much as "adequate."