• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the right religion

islam abduallah

I used to not understand it either.
thanks i was afraid that i'm the only one :)

That is why I practiced Judaism. But through personal experience I came to believe in Jesus and the Gospel. I also can understand the Trinity now, unlike before. Through the grace of God I guess. Jesus did say that thous who follow him, where chosen by the Father.

sorry for returning to that point again but i'm tried to understand it seriously, we agreed that the god consists of three distinct persons, father, son and the holy spirit, so i can't consider the father a god nor the son, nor the holy spirit, i can't consider any one of them as a god invidiualy, they should be the three gathered together as any one of them is just a part of the god, is my understanding right?

No because God the Son existed before he was sent to Earth. Existed before the Earth was even made.

so he isn't related to any sexual process well, do you say that because the verse "before Abraham i was"

Personally, yes. Because I am specifically a Catholic and believe in the Trinity. But there are Unitarians who do not profess the trinity as a belief. So I guess it depends on who you talk to.

ok, so how do you understand Luke 7:16

2;115
And to Allah belong the east and the west, so wherever you turn yourselves or your faces there is the Face of Allah (and He is High above, over His Throne). Surely! Allah is All-Sufficient for His creatures' needs, All-Knowing.

2;142-145
And to Allah belong the east and the west, so wherever you turn yourselves or your faces there is the Face of Allah (and He is High above, over His Throne). Surely! Allah is All-Sufficient for His creatures' needs, All-Knowing.
Thus We have made you [true Muslims - real believers of Islamic Monotheism, true followers of Prophet Muhammad SAW and his Sunnah (legal ways)], a Wasat (just) (and the best) nation, that you be witnesses over mankind and the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) be a witness over you. And We made the Qiblah (prayer direction towards Jerusalem) which you used to face, only to test those who followed the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) from those who would turn on their heels (i.e. disobey the Messenger). Indeed it was great (heavy) except for those whom Allah guided. And Allah would never make your faith (prayers) to be lost (i.e. your prayers offered towards Jerusalem). Truly, Allah is full of kindness, the Most Merciful towards mankind.Verily! We have seen the turning of your (Muhammad's SAW) face towards the heaven. Surely, We shall turn you to a Qiblah (prayer direction) that shall please you, so turn your face in the direction of Al-Masjid- al-Haram (at Makkah). And wheresoever you people are, turn your faces (in prayer) in that direction. Certainly, the people who were given the Scriptures (i.e. Jews and the Christians) know well that, that (your turning towards the direction of the Ka'bah at Makkah in prayers) is the truth from their Lord. And Allah is not unaware of what they do.And even if you were to bring to the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) all the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), they would not follow your Qiblah (prayer direction), nor are you going to follow their Qiblah (prayer direction). And they will not follow each other's Qiblah (prayer direction). Verily, if you follow their desires after that which you have received of knowledge (from Allah), then indeed you will be one of the Zalimun (polytheists, wrong-doers, etc.).

2;177
It is not Al-Birr (piety, righteousness, and each and every act of obedience to Allah, etc.) that you turn your faces towards east and (or) west (in prayers);

So...Allah is east and west and you can pray towards anyway you want....But no you got to pray towards mecca because Allah says so, and Jews and Christians are wrong. Now in 2;177 its not righteous to pray east or west but in 2;115 its says " Allah belong the east and the west, so wherever you turn yourselves or your faces there is the Face of Allah

first of all i'd like to record my objection about the translation of the verses specially verse 142, as the first part of it which isn't mentioned will remove all of your doubts the verse translation is "The foolish among the people will say, "What has turned them away from their qiblah, which they used to face?" Say, "To Allah belongs the east and the west"
now i can start explaining the story, when Muslims were at Makka they used to pray towards Ka'ba in Makka, when Muslims Migrated from Makka to Al-madinah, Allah had ordered them to direct their faces towards Jerusalem (which means that their backs will be towards Makka) that makes the Muslims un happy as they love Makka too much and they hoped to be directed to Makka not Jerusalem but they must bey the god even if his order is against their desire
after 16 months the test is finished and the god showed who's obeying and who isn't so he ordered them to redirect their faces towards Makka again, and it was as a reward from him to Muslims to be directed to the place which they loved more, what happened after that?, some people from Jews said ""What has turned them away from their qiblah, which they used to face?" "as the Jews like that Muslims direct their faces towards Jerusalem like them " so they dislike that transferring to Makka instead of Jerusalem, so Allah ordered prophet Mohamed to say "To Allah belongs the east and the west" whatever Jerusalem or Makka or any other place there's the face of Allah, we just do what he had ordered us to do, and at the end of the verse 145, Allah said that both CHristians and Jews knows well that Makla is the right qibla because it was the qibla of Abraham peace up on him, our father

regarding to verse 2:177, the website you used is really misguided you, because it didn't mention the verse completely, the meaning will be changed totally if you complete the verse, let's see what the verse said "Righteousness is not that you turn your faces toward the east or the west, but [true] righteousness is [in] one who believes in Allah , the Last Day, the angels, the Book, and the prophets and gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask [for help], and for freeing slaves; [and who] establishes prayer and gives zakah; [those who] fulfill their promise when they promise; and [those who] are patient in poverty and hardship and during battle. Those are the ones who have been true, and it is those who are the righteous"
some people specially from Hypocrite "who shows believing while they are not indeed" said that it's enough for us to pray the 5 prayers to be a true Muslim and to get into the paradise so ALLAH correct the misconcept by that verse,and said the Righteousness is n't by directing your faces to east or west i.e. prayers i.e. only prayers couldn't be the only sign of Righteousness but the Righteousness [in] one who believes in Allah , the Last Day, the angels, the Book, and the prophets and gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask [for help], and for freeing slaves; [and who] establishes prayer and gives zakah; [those who] fulfill their promise when they promise; and [those who] are patient in poverty and hardship and during battle. Those are the ones who have been true, and it is those who are the righteous" i think it's clear now
also i'd like to say that there's no relation between 177 and 142:145 as at 142-145 it mentioned the story of transfering the qiblah but at 177 at talks about the prayers generally if i'm at japan i'll direct my face to Makka i.e. to my west direction while here in Egypt i direct my Face to my east direction, 177 is talking generally about the prayer that it's not the only sign of true Righteousness :)

islam abduallah

You believe that the Hebrew scriptures are the word of God. Muhammad instructed muslims to believe in the words of Moses and the prophets. So obviously the Hebrew scriptures, the Torah, are the word of God.
:no: we don't believe like that, we believe that Allah had sent Moses with torah and Jesus with the gospel, and they are the words of god but they were distorted by the people, the people's word is mixed with the god's word, the people also added some chapters in those books, and they also removed some chapters all of that based on their desires, even the original copies were distorted so when the Torah is distorted the god sent the Jesus with the ospel to recorrect to the people what had been distorted and after the Jesus's death the Gospel is also distorted and the people had a wrong belief, and so then we got the quran which isn't kept by us it's kept by Allah
when the prophet Mohamed met the Jews in Al-Madinah they have Hebrew copies of the Torah, but it was distorted too
"i hope i don't break rule 8"

They inform us that a savior, sent by God, will come into the world. The prophet Daniel gives us the exact year of the Messiahs arrival. That year was 29ce. This was the year that Jesus Christ began his ministry and proclaimed Gods Kingdom was near.

what the word Messiahs means to you?

Now if I am to believe that Muhammad was correct in directing people to the writings of the Torah, then I must also believe that the one prophesied to arrive, is the one God wants us to follow. And If I believe that Jesus was that prophet, then the writings which explain his teachings are the ones that must be leading us to God and his kingdom.

i think now your objections isn't right as we don't believe as you mentioned :)

also i'd like to ask question but pleae don't feel offensive and if you don't like to answer it feel free to say "it's non of your business" i'll understand that "as a christian do you cover your head at least while prayers", i'm sorry for that nose question

Last edited:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
:no: we don't believe like that, we believe that Allah had sent Moses with torah and Jesus with the gospel, and they are the words of god but they were distorted by the people, the people's word is mixed with the god's word,

I think what you must realize is that there is a difference between the 'written' word of God, and what people 'say' about the written word.

The written word as penned by Moses & the prophets has NOT been changed. It is still the same word written over 3,000 years ago as what we are reading in bibles today. The part that muslims say has been 'changed' is not the written word, but how the written word was verbally explained, and distorted, by people.

Jesus was the first to mention this distortion....700 years before Muhammad mentioned it...he accused the jewish religious leaders of changing Gods words around by the 'oral traditions of men' so its not like we dont know what you mean when you say the word of God has been changed. Christianity is built on the precept of returning to the written word. But sadly, I feel muslims have come to believe that the 'written word' itself is what has been changed....and the truth is, it has not been changed. The discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls, which were written around 3 BCE, have shown that the bible we have today is the same as it always has been.

the people also added some chapters in those books, and they also removed some chapters all of that based on their desires, even the original copies were distorted

when the prophet Mohamed met the Jews in Al-Madinah they have Hebrew copies of the Torah, but it was distorted too
Do you have some examples of what you believe has been added and what has been taken away or removed? I would like to examine them.

so when the Torah is distorted the god sent the Jesus with the ospel to recorrect to the people what had been distorted and after the Jesus's death the Gospel is also distorted and the people had a wrong belief, and so then we got the quran which isn't kept by us it's kept by Allah

How is the Quran kept by Allah? What do you mean by that?

what the word Messiahs means to you?
Messiah, ma‧shi′ach in Hebrew, means “anointed” or “anointed one.” The Greek equivalent is Khri‧stos′, or Christ. Hence why Jesus is called 'The Christ' or Christ Jesus.

To be annointed by God means to be commissioned for a special job to perform.

i think now your objections isn't right as we don't believe as you mentioned :)

also i'd like to ask question but pleae don't feel offensive and if you don't like to answer it feel free to say "it's non of your business" i'll understand that "as a christian do you cover your head at least while prayers", i'm sorry for that nose question

its ok, im not offended by your question. I dont cover my head when i pray.

Last edited:

Nerthus

Wanderlust
Everyone has a 'religion' that is right for them. Seeing as so many all profess different rules and beginnings and outcomes, they cannot all be seen as true.

No one can honestly and truly know what is out there. We might all believe in something, and feel that it really is true, but it cannot be proven until I guess we die and find out what happens to us. People follow what is right for them - what they believe to be true. Doesnt mean that it is, but who can say otherwise.

islam abduallah

Everyone has a 'religion' that is right for them. Seeing as so many all profess different rules and beginnings and outcomes, they cannot all be seen as true

i agree

No one can honestly and truly know what is out there. We might all believe in something, and feel that it really is true, but it cannot be proven until I guess we die and find out what happens to us. People follow what is right for them - what they believe to be true. Doesnt mean that it is, but who can say otherwise

here i disagree with you, most of people not follow what they see it's true, they follow their desires or what they found their parents follow, most of people don't want to change and could believe naive things which prove that they are right and other are wrong without confirming by their selves

i see to get the truth after death is too late as there is no chance to re correct our path, i think we should do our best in that life to check the truth by ourselves and follow it even if it's against our desires, do you agree with me?

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
sorry for returning to that point again but i'm tried to understand it seriously, we agreed that the god consists of three distinct persons, father, son and the holy spirit, so i can't consider the father a god nor the son, nor the holy spirit, i can't consider any one of them as a god invidiualy, they should be the three gathered together as any one of them is just a part of the god, is my understanding right?

so he isn't related to any sexual process well, do you say that because the verse "before Abraham i was"
There is that, but there is more scripture in the Gospels and NT that say more. Without trying to post the whole chapter I will try to post what alludes to it and will give you a link if you so choose to find out more why Christians believe what they do.

From the Gospel according to St. John, Chapter 1
1 In the beginning was the Word: the Word was with God and the Word was God.
2 He was with God in the beginning.
3 Through him all things came into being, not one thing came into being except through him.
4 What has come into being in him was life, life that was the light of men;
5 and light shines in darkness, and darkness could not overpower it.

Ephesians - Chapter 1 - Bible - Catholic Online

ok, so how do you understand Luke 7:16
I will post Luke 7;16-17 and the verse 22
16 Everyone was filled with awe and glorified God saying, 'A great prophet has risen up among us; God has visited his people.'
17 And this view of him spread throughout Judaea and all over the countryside.

22 Then he(Jesus) gave the messengers their answer, 'Go back and tell John(the baptist) what you have seen and heard: the blind see again, the lame walk, those suffering from virulent skin-diseases are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised to life, the good news is proclaimed to the poor;
Ps, I wrote what was in the parenthesis. BUt you can read the whole story here, Ephesians - Chapter 1 - Bible - Catholic Online

But people did not know his true identity at that time. There was much gossip. Take note of Matthew Ch 16

13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi he put this question to his disciples, 'Who do people say the Son of man is?'
14 And they said, 'Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.'
15 'But you,' he said, 'who do you say I am?'
16 Then Simon Peter spoke up and said, 'You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.'
17 Jesus replied, 'Simon son of Jonah, you are a blessed man! Because it was no human agency that revealed this to you but my Father in heaven.

Ephesians - Chapter 1 - Bible - Catholic Online

first of all i'd like to record my objection about the translation of the verses specially verse 142, as the first part of it which isn't mentioned will remove all of your doubts the verse translation is "The foolish among the people will say, "What has turned them away from their qiblah, which they used to face?" Say, "To Allah belongs the east and the west"
now i can start explaining the story, when Muslims were at Makka they used to pray towards Ka'ba in Makka, when Muslims Migrated from Makka to Al-madinah, Allah had ordered them to direct their faces towards Jerusalem (which means that their backs will be towards Makka) that makes the Muslims un happy as they love Makka too much and they hoped to be directed to Makka not Jerusalem but they must bey the god even if his order is against their desire
after 16 months the test is finished and the god showed who's obeying and who isn't so he ordered them to redirect their faces towards Makka again, and it was as a reward from him to Muslims to be directed to the place which they loved more, what happened after that?, some people from Jews said ""What has turned them away from their qiblah, which they used to face?" "as the Jews like that Muslims direct their faces towards Jerusalem like them " so they dislike that transferring to Makka instead of Jerusalem, so Allah ordered prophet Mohamed to say "To Allah belongs the east and the west" whatever Jerusalem or Makka or any other place there's the face of Allah, we just do what he had ordered us to do, and at the end of the verse 145, Allah said that both CHristians and Jews knows well that Makla is the right qibla because it was the qibla of Abraham peace up on him, our father

regarding to verse 2:177, the website you used is really misguided you, because it didn't mention the verse completely, the meaning will be changed totally if you complete the verse, let's see what the verse said "Righteousness is not that you turn your faces toward the east or the west, but [true] righteousness is [in] one who believes in Allah , the Last Day, the angels, the Book, and the prophets and gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask [for help], and for freeing slaves; [and who] establishes prayer and gives zakah; [those who] fulfill their promise when they promise; and [those who] are patient in poverty and hardship and during battle. Those are the ones who have been true, and it is those who are the righteous"
some people specially from Hypocrite "who shows believing while they are not indeed" said that it's enough for us to pray the 5 prayers to be a true Muslim and to get into the paradise so ALLAH correct the misconcept by that verse,and said the Righteousness is n't by directing your faces to east or west i.e. prayers i.e. only prayers couldn't be the only sign of Righteousness but the Righteousness [in] one who believes in Allah , the Last Day, the angels, the Book, and the prophets and gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask [for help], and for freeing slaves; [and who] establishes prayer and gives zakah; [those who] fulfill their promise when they promise; and [those who] are patient in poverty and hardship and during battle. Those are the ones who have been true, and it is those who are the righteous" i think it's clear now
also i'd like to say that there's no relation between 177 and 142:145 as at 142-145 it mentioned the story of transfering the qiblah but at 177 at talks about the prayers generally if i'm at japan i'll direct my face to Makka i.e. to my west direction while here in Egypt i direct my Face to my east direction, 177 is talking generally about the prayer that it's not the only sign of true Righteousness :)
Okay, well thank you for clearing that up. Though I still do not understand how exactly the Jews and Christians can be criticized not following the Muslim revert to worshiping towards Mecca.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
thanks i was afraid that i'm the only one :)

I believe you are right. Tell you the truth I am having a bit of trouble understanding exactly what you are saying.

So I will tell you what I believe. God is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Each distinct individuals, but are of the same substance.

islam abduallah

I think what you must realize is that there is a difference between the 'written' word of God, and what people 'say' about the written word.

Ok

The written word as penned by Moses & the prophets has NOT been changed. It is still the same word written over 3,000 years ago as what we are reading in bibles today.

so you believe the copies of the bible today is a trusted translation of the original Torah and gospel revealed to Moses and Jesus peace upon both,

but if we prove that it (the current copies) contains errors or contradictions that means that the written book is distorted as we believe, do you agree?

Jesus was the first to mention this distortion....700 years before Muhammad mentioned it

i don't have any objection about that, surly the Jesus peace upon him explained the errors in the torah before prophet Mohamed peace upon him by 700 years

he accused the jewish religious leaders of changing Gods words around by the 'oral traditions of men' so its not like we dont know what you mean when you say the word of God has been changed. Christianity is built on the precept of returning to the written word. But sadly, I feel muslims have come to believe that the 'written word' itself is what has been changed....and the truth is, it has not been changed

Ok, we are here to check if there's no errors or contradictions, honestly i'll tell you, you are right and i'm mistaken :)

The discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls, which were written around 3 BCE, have shown that the bible we have today is the same as it always has been.

do you mean that the bible was written before the Jesus by 3 years, how the NT written before the Jesus? did i misunderstand something?

Do you have some examples of what you believe has been added and what has been taken away or removed? I would like to examine them.

i have some doubts most of them related to the O.T., but i'd like to start by one of my doubts related to the N.T.,

the Genealogy of the Jesus had been mentioned in 2 positions of the bible 1st @ Luke 3: 23-31 and the 2nd @ Matthew 1:2-17, let's just check the chain from Jesus till Abraham as till adam not mentioned in Matthew
as per Matthew we have 42 person in the generations but if we count them we will find them as 41 only as the chain since Babylon exiling till the Jesus born (including the Jesus himself) is 13 not 14 as Jechonias is counted at the chain from king david till Babylon, let's now check the number of people in the chain of Luke it's 56 from Abraham till the Jesus, what's your opinion about that?
also what's the gain of mentioning this Genealogy although that Joseph isn't the real father of the Jesus, as you believe that Jesus is the son of god and Mary?

i have another comments but let's start by those only to avoid long posts :)

How is the Quran kept by Allah? What do you mean by that?

Allah had said "Indeed, it is We who sent down the Qur'an and indeed, We will be its guardian" 15:9
so Allah who kept Quran from distortion or any man hand to add or remove in it, it's not Muslims who did that, Allah who did that, he makes the Quran easy for remembrance and memorizing he said "And We have certainly made the Qur'an easy for remembrance, so is there any who will remember?", and the answer there are millions of Muslims allover the world who memorize the quran totally, some people think it's impossible to memorize a book of 600 pages in your breast, but indeed the children could do that, by that ALLAH kept the quran, if all of the copies of the quran is burnt, it would be kept in millions breasts

To be annointed by God means to be commissioned for a special job to perform.

so could we say that Moses is also mesiah, we also said about the Jesus that he's the Messiah but the meaning is different in Arabic.

its ok, im not offended by your question. I dont cover my head when i pray.

thanks for your wide heart :) , but don't you read 1 Corinthians 11 "But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven, For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered" :)
i'm sorry again, i just noticed that 100 % of the christian girls doesn't do that and when i asked them they told the pop say not to wear, i wondered which is greater the word of god or the word of pop?, if you don't like to reply feel free to ignore the question :)

islam abduallah

I believe you are right. Tell you the truth I am having a bit of trouble understanding exactly what you are saying.

i was meaning that the word god means the three together, i can't call anyne of them as a god without the other two :)

[/QUOTE] So I will tell you what I believe. God is the Father [/QUOTE]

i understand that :)

Son and Holy Spirit. Each distinct individuals, but are of the same substance.

here i feel confusion again :(

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
so you believe the copies of the bible today is a trusted translation of the original Torah and gospel revealed to Moses and Jesus peace upon both,

but if we prove that it (the current copies) contains errors or contradictions that means that the written book is distorted as we believe, do you agree?

Translations are not the issue because we have hebrew and Greek manuscripts with which to compare. Many bible students are both greek and hebrew speaking people, so many can and do read the original languages.

I have seen many different english translations of the Quran, some are said to be good translations and others, not so good. It is exactly the same with the bible.

i don't have any objection about that, surly the Jesus peace upon him explained the errors in the torah before prophet Mohamed peace upon him by 700 years

No. Jesus did not explain any errors in the written word. He said Gods written word was perfect. He used it, he taught from it and he read from it publicly. He read and applied the words of the prophecies to his own time, he explained the true meaning behind certain torah laws.

What Jesus explained was that the 'additional teachings' of the religious leaders were in error. He accused them of 'departing' from the written word. It was their 'Oral Traditions' that Jesus objected to....not the written word. The religious leaders introduced new man made laws and said they were the Torah....these are the things that Jesus and Muhammad both rightly objected to... not the written word.

do you mean that the bible was written before the Jesus by 3 years, how the NT written before the Jesus? did i misunderstand something?

3 BCE means 300 years before the first century. The dead sea scrolls are dated to around 300 years before the first century of our common era. 300 years before Christ and 1,000 years before Muhammad.

The way the Hebrew scriptures were copied was by hand on papryus. The Jews made thousands upon thousands of copies of the original documents...the dead sea scrolls contain copies of the book of Isaiah which is exactly as we have it today in our bibles...except there is about 3 small spelling errors.

i have some doubts most of them related to the O.T., but i'd like to start by one of my doubts related to the N.T.,

the Genealogy of the Jesus had been mentioned in 2 positions of the bible 1st @ Luke 3: 23-31 and the 2nd @ Matthew 1:2-17, let's just check the chain from Jesus till Abraham as till adam not mentioned in Matthew
as per Matthew we have 42 person in the generations but if we count them we will find them as 41 only as the chain since Babylon exiling till the Jesus born (including the Jesus himself) is 13 not 14 as Jechonias is counted at the chain from king david till Babylon, let's now check the number of people in the chain of Luke it's 56 from Abraham till the Jesus, what's your opinion about that?

my opinion is that it was not necessary to list every link in Jesus lineage. We see that Moses did the same thing in his genealogy from Adam through Seth...not every male child is mentioned because neither cain nor able are mentioned in that genealogy.
The ones that are in the list are the important and more well known names. Also, Luke was not writing for a jewish audience, whereas Matthew was. A Jewish audience would automatically know the names of certain men of Isreal by naming only the grandparent.

And they also both trace through different lines of descent. Mathew traces through Marys' husbands line, while Luke traces through Mary's family line.

also what's the gain of mentioning this Genealogy although that Joseph isn't the real father of the Jesus, as you believe that Jesus is the son of god and Mary?

i have another comments but let's start by those only to avoid long posts :)

the answer to that question is that both Mary and Joseph were of the correct 'house of Isreal' and both their lines are mentioned to prove it.
It was prophesied that the Messiah would be born through the 'tribe of Judah'
Micah 5:2 “And you, O Beth′le‧hem Eph′ra‧thah, the one too little to get to be among the thousands of Judah, from you there will come out to me the one who is to become ruler in Israel, whose origin is from early times, from the days of time indefinite

both Joseph and Mary of the tribe of Judah... that was a prophetic requirement which is why both lines were highlighted. If the adoptive father was of a different tribe, then the Jews could rightly say that Jesus was not fully of the tribe of Judah and therefore could not be the Messiah.

so could we say that Moses is also mesiah, we also said about the Jesus that he's the Messiah but the meaning is different in Arabic.

Moses was annointed, David was annointed, prophets were annointed... but at Daniel 9:25, 26 the word ma‧shi′ach applies exclusively to the coming Messiah. He was to be the ruler of the entire earth. So the scale of the one annointed by God would be far greater then anything Moses or David or anyone else may have done.

thanks for your wide heart :) , but don't you read 1 Corinthians 11 "But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven, For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered" :)
i'm sorry again, i just noticed that 100 % of the christian girls doesn't do that and when i asked them they told the pop say not to wear, i wondered which is greater the word of god or the word of pop?, if you don't like to reply feel free to ignore the question :)

No, i never ignore a sincere question. I think you should know that this rule is applied when a woman is in a 'teaching' position in the congregation. Christian woman were to be in subjection to the role of the man as the leader of the congregations...but back in the first century when Paul wrote this letter, women were prophesying because God had poured out his spirit and many christians were involved in prophesying and talking in tongues.

Paul was telling those christian women that if they came into a congregation with a prophecy or with a teaching, they must cover their heads as a sign of respect to the men of the congregation because the men were to be the leaders of the congregations under Christ. Now today, there is no more prophesying and the women do not sit as leaders of the congregations.... but if a woman had to take a lead role because no man was available, then she would rightly cover her head in respect. And i have seen this done, so we do it when it is needed. But generally women are not teachers or leaders in our congregations, so we dont pray on behalf of others in church. If we had to, then we would cover our heads.

Nerthus

Wanderlust
here i disagree with you, most of people not follow what they see it's true, they follow their desires or what they found their parents follow

Many might just carry on in the religion they were brought up in, but the majority will still only be in a religion if they believe that it is true. Who would stay in a faith while believeing it is all a lie, or another religion is the true religion?

In general people believe what they feel is right.

Muffled

Jesus in me
If there was a "right religion" then everyone would belong to it. Since everyone does not belong to the same religion, we must assume that there is no "right religion". There are many religions, and if all of them can't be right then we must assume that none of them are right, or that lots of people are being decieved and told that their religion is the right one and that all others are wrong. They cannot all be right, but they can all be wrong.

That statement is illogical. A person does not have the right religion becuase 1. he has no knowledge of it or 2. he does not have the right thinking.

This statement is also illogical. you can't rule out a right religion on the basis of a wrong religion.

There is an element of truth in that statement. No doubt each religion teaches that it is the right one and since they can't all be right, all but one are deceptions although probably not intentional since the teachers simply aren't able to recognize the right religion.

Muffled

Jesus in me
No religion is suitable to all humanity. Otherwise there would only be one religion.

This is a non-sequitur. If no religion were suitable to humanity, there would be no religion.

The truth is that many people find religion suits them just fine. It is also true that a religion that caters to a persons whims (a most suitable religion) is also most likely to not be the right religion.

I am sorry I missed the "all" part of what you said. No doubt there are some people who find religion unsuitable. That doesn't mean that the problem is with the religion; it means that the problem is with the thinking of the individual. There is one religion that is right for everyone whether it suits them or not.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
i agree

could i understand from that, that you believe that Mohamed was a messenger from the god ?

I recognize the voice of God in the Qu'ran. Since Mohammed is given credit as the author of the Qu'ran and the text testifies that it is so, I would say that Mohammed was a messenger of God.

Muffled

Jesus in me
totally agree, but how to know the word of god, is it Torah, gospel or the Quran ? which one we should follow? or to follow the three?

Following a word is not the right religion. It is not Islam. However for some it is as close as they can get. Following the Gospel would be the most propitious for leading a person to be Islamic.

It is my opinion that the Qu'ran is more of a supplemental text than a full text. It is meant to build upon the earlier texts of the Torah and the Gospel. However it is not necessary for non-Jewish people to come under laws that were designed only for Jews. The Gospel signifies this to some extent but the Qu'ran solidifies it. The fact that the Qu'ran only mentions the Gospel without going into detail suggests that the person should read it to find out what it is. Also the references to stories in the Torah suggest that the Torah has useful information.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Since Mohammed is given credit as the author of the Qu'ran and the text testifies that it is so, I would say that Mohammed was a messenger of God.
Except, of course, that Muhammad is NOT given "credit" as the author of the Qur'an. He was merely the conduit to mankind. In theory, god is the "author".

Christian's should be very wary of giving any credit to Muhammad. Doing so undermines the validity of your own theology, which leaves you looking more than a bit silly.

No doubt it gives Muslims reasons to chuckle. :D

Last edited:

islam abduallah

There is that, but there is more scripture in the Gospels and NT that say more. Without trying to post the whole chapter I will try to post what alludes to it and will give you a link if you so choose to find out more why Christians believe what they do.

regarding to "before Abraham i was", i can say it about myself, before Abraham i was in the god's knowledge, the god knows before he creates the earth that i'll chat with you on RF, also i believe that the Jesus is the word of god without believing that he's the god or the son of god, "[And mention] when the angels said, "O Mary, indeed Allah gives you good tidings of a word from Him, whose name will be the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary - distinguished in this world and the Hereafter and among those brought near [to Allah ]"

this is our believing about the jesus a word from the god to Mary, his name is Mssiah jesus the son of Mary.

But people did not know his true identity at that time. There was much gossip

ok, well so why he didn't correct them, it was the right time, he did a great miracle and the people were too ready to believe him even if he said that he's the father himself, it was the most suitable moment to prove his divinity "if he really is"

Take note of Matthew Ch 16

thanks a lot for that, here at verse 17 seems that the Jesus approved Simon Bar-Jonah that he's the son of the god not the son of man, let's continue with the verses of the same chapter verses 27,28 and said again that he's the son of Man

27For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

28Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom

and all of that we as Muslims believe in, Jesus will come in the other day in the glory of the god and to be witness on all of what his nations did

and also he will arrive again during this life to kill the anti-christ (Dijal)

also we don't understand the word of god as you understand but we use it as a Metaphor expression as when i said about myself, i'm the son of Islam or the son of Egypt, but indeed nor Islam nor Egypt is male or female to be their son, it means just that i'm strongly belonging to them, do you get my point?

also if we said that the god must have a son, it should be Adam not the Jesus peace upon both, because Adam has no father nor mother but jesus has a mother, and the god said clearly that adam is his son at luke 3:38 "which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God."

and this is what the Quran said "Indeed, the example of Jesus to Allah is like that of Adam. He created Him from dust; then He said to him, "Be," and he was"

Okay, well thank you for clearing that up. Though I still do not understand how exactly the Jews and Christians can be criticized not following the Muslim revert to worshiping towards Mecca.

no the blaming is not for not reverting worshiping towards Makka like us, the blaming is for not converting to Islam and then reverting the directions of worshiping towards Makka as you will be a Muslim :)

Last edited:

islam abduallah

Many might just carry on in the religion they were brought up in, but the majority will still only be in a religion if they believe that it is true. Who would stay in a faith while believeing it is all a lie, or another religion is the true religion?

In general people believe what they feel is right.

believe me no, i had discussed with many people and found that most of them have doubts about their belief but they don't like to change or look for another belief or even to search to remove that doubts
people don't like to change "keep it runs if it runs"

islam abduallah

I recognize the voice of God in the Qu'ran. Since Mohammed is given credit as the author of the Qu'ran and the text testifies that it is so

i just want to edit something here, Mohamed wasn't the author of the Quran, he's just a messenger carry a message from the god (the Quran) to all the mankind (the receivers of the message) :)

I would say that Mohammed was a messenger of God.

so as you believe in that, why you are not a muslim?

Last edited:

no-body

That doesn't mean that the problem is with the religion; it means that the problem is with the thinking of the individual. There is one religion that is right for everyone whether it suits them or not.

This is one of the most frightening ideas I've ever read. Just make sure you let God change these peoples minds himself and stay out of it.