• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the right religion

jelly

oh! my god!, jelly i'm asking you about what you believe not as what the quran said????

answer those questions as ignostic do you understand now???
I have a gap in my complete understanding of abiogenesis and I do not place Allah into the gap of my understanding.
if I placed Allah into the gap of my understanding I would be muslim.
I am not muslim.
are you asking me why I do not believe in Allah?

rusra02

Premium Member
there r many religion in the world, but surly there r only one right religion, but how could we reach the right believe, the right path? :)

The true religion is the one that worships the true God and does His will. There are many false gods and false religions that do not teach the truth. The one true God has made himself known by his words and deeds. His glory and godship are seen in what he has created. So to find the true religion, we must first identify the true God. An ancient religious book tells us "The God that made the world and all the things in it, being, as this One is, Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in handmade temples, neither is he attended to by human hands as if he needed anything, because he himself gives to all persons life and breath and all things And he made out of one man every nation of men, to dwell upon the entire surface of the earth, ...for them to seek God, if they might grope for him and really find him, although, in fact, he is not far off from each one of us. For by him we have life and move and exist." (The Bible - Acts 17:24-28)
As this text says, God wants us to find him and has provided his Word the Bible to explain what true religion is. The Bible contains convincing evidence that it is the Word of God. No other religious book can prove it's claim for divine authorship. So to know the true religion, we must read and understand the Bible. It will help us identify which of all the world's thousands of religions is teaching and practicing the true religion.

atanu

Premium Member
The true religion is the one that worships the true God and does His will. There are many false gods and false religions that do not teach the truth. The one true God has made himself known by his words and deeds. His glory and godship are seen in what he has created. So to find the true religion, we must first identify the true God. An ancient religious book tells us "The God that made the world and all the things in it, being, as this One is, Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in handmade temples, neither is he attended to by human hands as if he needed anything, because he himself gives to all persons life and breath and all things And he made out of one man every nation of men, to dwell upon the entire surface of the earth, ...for them to seek God, if they might grope for him and really find him, although, in fact, he is not far off from each one of us. For by him we have life and move and exist." (The Bible - Acts 17:24-28)
As this text says, God wants us to find him and has provided his Word the Bible to explain what true religion is. The Bible contains convincing evidence that it is the Word of God. No other religious book can prove it's claim for divine authorship. So to know the true religion, we must read and understand the Bible. It will help us identify which of all the world's thousands of religions is teaching and practicing the true religion.

(The blue highlighted parts are God's words and the red are your words).

To me, you have provided a fine example of partitioning True God. How have you groped for true god? Is the written Bible, which was written by human hands, his word?

Bible is very far from me -- I don't have one. But the Bible passage cited by you says: he is not far off from each one of us. Whom to believe? Your ego or the Bible?

DavyCrocket2003

Rusra, I would like to know, in your opinion, how does the Bible prove its divinity?

I think Jesus pretty much answered the question of how you can tell followers of truth: "Wherefore, by their fruits ye shall know them."

mike200

well it cannot be tested for sure,but that does not mean that every one religion is right!I agree with the fact that that religion should be found in your heart but if we assume that there is a god or lot's of gods then we must say which religion they represent!And that bring us to the conclusion that one religion is correct!

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
well it cannot be tested for sure,but that does not mean that every one religion is right!I agree with the fact that that religion should be found in your heart but if we assume that there is a god or lot's of gods then we must say which religion they represent!And that bring us to the conclusion that one religion is correct!

Not necessarily; you skipped a few steps. After assuming that God and/or Gods exist, then we must first determine their identities. Only after that can we determine which religion or group of religions they represent. After all, the Abrahamic God is worshiped by Jews, Christians, Muslims, Baha'is, and a few others. Hinduism is also arguably an umbrella term for many religions, most of which share certain God-concepts (though elevating different ones to the level of Supreme.)

There's also a few religions which essentially teach that, to quote Mists of Avalon, all gods are one God and all goddesses are one Goddess. The Rig Veda, the Core Scripture of Hinduism, has such a verse: "The wise refer to what is One with many Names." Suppose it's one of those religions which is "right"; suddenly, it becomes very possible that multiple religions are right, though certainly, not all of them are.

Not only that, but if you believe in a divine Plan in addition to continuous revelation, then it could be argued that all religions are sent from God, including atheistic ones, in order to fulfill some kind of purpose. For example, the Buddha was an atheist, and thus so was the religion he taught. However, the Srimad Bhagavatam, one of the primary texts of Gaudiya Vaishnavism, teaches that the Buddha's purpose was to lead people away from the Vedas, because they were being misused. If that's the case, then maybe Mahavira (the most recent Teacher of the atheistic religion of Jainism, who lived around the same time as the Buddha) had the same purpose.

Draka

Wonder Woman

Something cannot be used as evidence of its own validity. I cannot write a book which says it is true and that is all that is needed to prove it is true. It must be verified by other reputable and factual sources. The bible isn't. Not only can no other religious book prove its claim of divine authorship, but neither can the bible. One would have to prove the existence of the particular god in question to even consider the possibility that that god actually dictated a book. Since the existence of the god of the bible cannot be proven, and the bible cannot be used as evidence for such a god (circular reasoning), then the bible cannot be used as hard proof or infallible guide for anyone.

atanu

Premium Member
The Word is indivisible one and is closest to each of us. It underlies the existence itself. But different minds see differently. Sages are those who know it to be one even while giving it different names or calling it by different names (since the source of the name is the true Word), as Riverwolf pointed out from Rig Veda.

It is not necessary that followers of Bible (or followers of Veda) as a group alone are following the true path. It is totally individualistic.

Bhagavat Gita teaches as below:
18.20 Sarvabhooteshu yenaikam bhaavamavyayameekshate;
Avibhaktam vibhakteshu tajjnaanam viddhi saattwikam.
18. 20. That by which one sees the one indestructible Reality in all beings, not separate in all the separate beings—know thou that knowledge to be Sattwic (pure).
So, one may follow Bible or Koran or Veda, yet may not recognise the indestructible reality in all separate beings that yet is undivided. Or one may follow any path (or no path) yet may be full of knowledge of the one indestructible reality in all beings. Hinduism does not encourage conversion since the reality is in every path.

Last edited:

islam abduallah

I have a gap in my complete understanding of abiogenesis and I do not place Allah into the gap of my understanding.
if I placed Allah into the gap of my understanding I would be muslim.
I am not muslim.
are you asking me why I do not believe in Allah?

Jelly, some of our posts had been deleted due to i broke the forum rules, so let's rephrase our dialogue to respect the forum rules more
so, why you don't believe in creator?

islam abduallah

till here i agreed with you

As this text says, God wants us to find him and has provided his Word the Bible to explain what true religion is. The Bible contains convincing evidence that it is the Word of God.

agree, but also contains some weird stories which reveal that the word of god is distorted and mixed with the people's word.

No other religious book can prove it's claim for divine authorship.

do you study all of them, could you tell me what's your concernsabout quran? :)

So to know the true religion, we must read and understand the Bible. It will help us identify which of all the world's thousands of religions is teaching and practicing the true religion.

agree but not only the bible

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Perhaps no religion is the right or true religion. Perhaps there is truth and all religions are simply grasping at part of it.

I saw your comment earlier, abduallah, that our way of knowing truth is through the use of our own mind. I have not read through the responses as this is a very long thread now. But can you explain what you mean by using your mind? How do you use your mind to know that your religion is the true religion?

It is not that I disagree, but that you may mean something different to what I as a Hindu would mean when saying this. For example, the Vedic scriptures inform us on how to know truth, actually know, not just have faith, and gives us methods to come to know God and Self fully.

So how do you use your mind to come to actually know reality?

Yanni

This is an interesting point that I want to mention which I'm not sure was ever mentioned on this forum. I am an Orthodox Jew. Most people will say that their religion is the only true religion, and that anyone who doesn't join that religion is destined for eternal hell (or something of that sort). Believe it or not, Orthodox Judaism does NOT believe that. The truth is that EVERY SINGLE HUMAN BEING has the opportunity to earn a share in the World to Come! Although we do claim to be God's Chosen People (which God in the Torah says at least 21 times that we will ETERNALLY be so), that doesn't mean that if someone doesn't join the Jewish people, he/she will be forgotten by God. We Jews have 613 commandments to keep. 613! Some pertain to men, some pertain to women, some only are required in Israel. We believe that EVERY SINGLE HUMAN BEING has a requirement to keep 7 commandments, knows as the 7 Noahide Laws in English. I will even list them:

1. Prohibition of Idolatry
  2. Prohibition of Murder
  3. Prohibition of Theft
  4. Prohibition of Sexual immorality
  5. Prohibition of Blasphemy
  6. Prohibition of eating flesh taken from an animal while it is still alive
  7. Establishment of courts of law
Regarding sexual immorality, adultery is unfortunately very common throughout the world. Blasphemy includes not cursing God and not cursing in general.

These laws are basic to establishing a functional society under the kingship of God.

We believe that EVERY SINGLE HUMAN BEING who keeps these commandments, and is an all around good individual, will have a special place in the World to Come. Judaism is unique for making this claim. NO. You do NOT have to be Jewish to find favor before God. We even shun people from converting because by Jewish law, once one converts, there is no turning back. Being Jewish bears a ton of responsibility. For the already non-Jew, just keeping these 7 commandments would be enough.

My last point is that in the Torah, when describing God's Giving of the Torah on Mount Sinai, the Torah states clearly that God revealed Himself TO THE ENTIRE NATION (by tradition, all 3 million of them)! Now, most religions have based their authenticity based on the claims of ONE or a few individuals. AND EVERYONE BELIEVED THEM!? No other nation ever had such a claim, because you can't go to a whole nation of 3 million people and convince them that God spoke to one person and that his "new" religion is the true religion, and have this "claim" passed down as tradition generation after generation. It's just not possible. If God ever wanted to exchange His nation for another (which, as mentioned earlier, He vowed would never happen), then why didn't He reveal Himself to the ENTIRE new nation and tell them that?! Like I said, He never did, because no one can forge such an event. "Hey, 2,000 people standing there. Let's make a claim that God spoke to us and said we're His new nation." Maybe you can fool some people. "Hey, 3 million people standing in front of me. Guess what, God spoke to ALL of you yesterday saying we're His new nation." Most will probably say, "No He didn't. Yesterday, I was fishing with my son," or some other claim. You can convince SOME people, but no one can convince 3 million people that they were all present at the same place and at the same time, UNLESS IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED! And the Jews pass this tradition down to every generation because that event was the foundation of our nationhood and was the singular most significant event in history: God revealed Himself in this world to an entire nation of men, women, and children at Mount Sinai and gave them an eternal Torah.

I hope this has given some of you an insight into the truth of Judaism, and how heaven and hell does NOT depend on a non-Jew becoming Jewish. For US, it does. But not for YOU.

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Premium Member
But the path to God is not a mountain. Strait is the gate, and narrow the way, and few there be that find it.

As far as I can tell, it most certainly is a mountain. After all, it's hard, and there are those who are better at it than others, those who seem to have it mastered helping those who don't, those who seem to be carving their own paths, etc. But they all end up at the same place. Ergo, a mountain.

Adonis65

As far as I can tell, it most certainly is a mountain. After all, it's hard, and there are those who are better at it than others, those who seem to have it mastered helping those who don't, those who seem to be carving their own paths, etc. But they all end up at the same place. Ergo, a mountain.

That's impossible. There's no such thing as different paths to one God. That is confusion. It only stand to reason that you believe in multiple Gods. So what is the nature of your God, Riverwolf?

jelly

Jelly, some of our posts had been deleted due to i broke the forum rules, so let's rephrase our dialogue to respect the forum rules more
so, why you don't believe in creator?
the assumption of creation is an assumption that I am not willing to make.
In my mind there is no creation only change.
ultimately if there were creation of something the prior state to creation would have to be a state that is not explainable by existence.
example: if nothingness existed existence would still exist.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
That's impossible. There's no such thing as different paths to one God. That is confusion. It only stand to reason that you believe in multiple Gods. So what is the nature of your God, Riverwolf?

If one seeks truth, one will eventually come to it, whatever path he takes.
This is the nature of Riverwolf and my belief. It is common to find in Eastern traditions, the idea that there are many paths to the one destination. That does not mean that all paths are absolutely true. Instead, each path holds some aspects of truth, but there is no such thing as the 'right' religion. Even to a Hindu like myself, who believes that the Vedic scriptures hold the highest truth in this world, it is only a person's interpretations of teachings and scriptures that make our religion. In truth, it is doubtful that anyone in this world understands the many layers of wisdom within the scriptures. And so nobody's beliefs are perfect or absolute.

All we have is our desire for truth and the promise that it will be given to us.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
That's impossible. There's no such thing as different paths to one God. That is confusion.

Not really. It makes perfect sense to me. After all, there are many paths to one summit.

It only stand to reason that you believe in multiple Gods.
The Gods are rays of God's Light.

So what is the nature of your God, Riverwolf?
Neti neti.(Not this, not this.)

But if you want the God of my sect, here:

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/resources/books/dws/dws_mandala-04.html

Even Siva is just one Name/Form of many:

They call Him Indra, Mitra, Varuna, Agni, or the heavenly sunbird Garutmat. The seers call in many ways that which is One; they speak of Agni, Yama, Matarishvan.

Rig Veda 1.164.46

Last edited:

tarekabdo12

I don't think there is such a thing as "ony one right religion",the religion you choose to follow is based on faith and not fact,it cannot be tested so how could you know its the right religion.

You can just consider these links if you are interested>>>>>>

The Medical Miracles of the Holy Quran
Embryology and human creation between Quran and science

you can consider a relation between religion and science. Islam carries a relation to scientific findings and it is not at all away from reality or giving irrational ideas.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
You can just consider these links if you are interested>>>>>>

The Medical Miracles of the Holy Quran
Embryology and human creation between Quran and science

you can consider a relation between religion and science. Islam carries a relation to scientific findings and it is not at all away from reality or giving irrational ideas.

But that does not prove it is the right religion, especially because other religions can also be linked with scientific findings.
The other fact is that Muslims do not believe in that religion because of those links with scientific findings. Faith is still the grounding.