• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The sick concept of Eternal hell suffering.

Misty

There are 9 biblical reasons that eternal hell punishment willnot exist, they are listed in Galations 5:22-23, and they are the individual ways and means of God. " Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Self Control and Gentleness." These are the ways God thinks and Judges. These are the very foundations of thoughts which God uses to plan and determine.

They are the way he carries himself and rules.

And they are biblical proof that this hell of punishment willnot exist.

Peace.

Just because something is in the bible doesn't provide any proof of anything.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
There are 9 biblical reasons that eternal hell punishment willnot exist, they are listed in Galations 5:22-23, and they are the individual ways and means of God. " Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Self Control and Gentleness." These are the ways God thinks and Judges. These are the very foundations of thoughts which God uses to plan and determine.

Peace.

From His mouth proceeds a double edged sword.

Swords severe the living from the dead.
Are you exempt?

Would you prefer to argue that hell might someday...end?
I think I have done so already in this thread.

mickiel

Peace.

Hell is a myth because of Gods Love, it would be unloving if it did exist.
Hell is a myth because of Gods Joy, he couldnot have Joy knowing of the constant suffering of others.
Hell is a myth because of Gods Peace, hell would be anything but Peace.
Hell is a myth because of Gods Patience, God can wait long enough for each and every human to be ressurected to him and he will show them the garrenteed death of Christ which has them covered.
Hell is a myth because God is Kind, it would certainly NOT be kind of him to punish humans forever.
Hell is a myth because God is Good, hell would be Evil.
Hell is a myth because God is Faithful, he has promised to save us all and he willnot go against that promise.
Hell is a myth because God is Gentle, hell would be the most violent thing ever conceived.
Hell is a myth because God has perfect Control of himself, hell would be evidence of an insane out of Control deity.

Peace.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Hell is a myth because of Gods Love, it would be unloving if it did exist.
Hell is a myth because of Gods Joy, he couldnot have Joy knowing of the constant suffering of others.
Hell is a myth because of Gods Peace, hell would be anything but Peace.
Hell is a myth because of Gods Patience, God can wait long enough for each and every human to be ressurected to him and he will show them the garrenteed death of Christ which has them covered.
Hell is a myth because God is Kind, it would certainly NOT be kind of him to punish humans forever.
Hell is a myth because God is Good, hell would be Evil.
Hell is a myth because God is Faithful, he has promised to save us all and he willnot go against that promise.
Hell is a myth because God is Gentle, hell would be the most violent thing ever conceived.
Hell is a myth because God has perfect Control of himself, hell would be evidence of an insane out of Control deity.

Peace.

Hell is a resolve... for an out of control collection of nay sayers.

it's_sam

Freak of Nature
I see returning to the dust meaning, when you die with no connection to God you are returned to earth cleansed by the fire of man. Your energy would then have a fresh life to try and find your mind with God. Wich coisnides with your view he wants us all to come on our own, he doesnt want any of us to fall to darkness so he will continue to make us try.

it's_sam

Freak of Nature
To continue this line i had also been thinking if you in your death as a part of gods mind see a time on earth you think you could help "like the second comming of jesus" you could come back the same way even purified and still have the old memories up top with some new ones when you get back in death. I guess the second comming of jesus would have to have the same memories though since he would just be comming back not being born.

luvuyesua

Before hand I would like to say hello, and my you find yourself in a blessed position.

I would like to understand these beliefs that you get from the Bible. and understand better what type of love, admirement, trust your soul has for our father, is it unconditional even when you see his rath?
do you think God has anything to do with hell? (would ou love him more if it is?)
you think everyone is forgiven no matter what (even if their heart doesnt change and repent to Gods way)?
will anybody be destroyed?
will God recognise everyone as his follower, (even though many have decided not to? by the given free will)
if I were to be told by God that I have earned hell? I say right now that
I would agree. with what ever he says my spirit deserves.
would you agree with God if he told you that your soul is to stay in hell? ( the moment you grew understanding of its existence)
Do you agree with God even if that were part of the future of humanity?
I do not mean to be full of questions but I like your subject, and would like to know your answers.

mickiel

Before hand I would like to say hello, and my you find yourself in a blessed position.

I would like to understand these beliefs that you get from the Bible. and understand better what type of love, admirement, trust your soul has for our father, is it unconditional even when you see his rath?quote

The wrath of God is his reaction to sin, not the sinner.

do you think God has anything to do with hell? (would ou love him more if it is?)
you think everyone is forgiven no matter what (even if their heart doesnt change and repent to Gods way)?quote

There is no hell for God to have anything to do with. I think everyone is forgiven no matter what, that is the sheer scope and power of Jesus sacrifice. Those who do not change or repent in this life, will be given that in the next.

will anybody be destroyed?quote

No one will be destroyed, God is not willing that anyone would perish, that right there seals it. If God is not willing for something to happen, it then cannot happen.

will God recognise everyone as his follower, (even though many have decided not to? by the given free will)
would you agree with God if he told you that your soul is to stay in hell? ( the moment you grew understanding of its existence)
I do not mean to be full of questions but I like your subject, and would like to know your answers.

Although everyone does not now follow God, they are destined to, the calling of God is just a matter of time. Hell is too much on your consciousness, you are trying to keep it in your belief, it binds you, thats why all your questions about it, your head has been primed to believe it, and it will be hard for you to be free from it. So in your questions to me, you see I am free of it, but you need to make room for it , even in your scenerios.

Come out of Egypt brother. Your free already.

Peace

it's_sam

Freak of Nature

I would like to understand these beliefs that you get from the Bible. and understand better what type of love, admirement, trust your soul has for our father, is it unconditional even when you see his rath?
you think everyone is forgiven no matter what (even if their heart doesnt change and repent to Gods way)?
will anybody be destroyed?
These questions are normal and good to ask. Your mind is finding loopholes that you can fall into and your are trying to protect against such things. Apolligize for your misgivings and who is to be held to blame? If you accept failure as a part of life it wont hinder you incapable. You will then instead find yourself prepared for the worste and ready for any situation, even at the risk of failure you would know you have done ALL you can. Focus on what you do not what you don't do. Unless ofcourse you feel like you could be doing more, keep your mind open and the rest will follow. :D

it's_sam

Freak of Nature
I would see this only as being a test if you know you are fallible. If you insist you have done nothing to "pay" for, you then think your perfect and would need to learn that misgiving. You accept you need to learn and are willing to listen and also accept responsibility for something you have or will do wrong. So basicly just a difference of I know I need help, or I know best and im doing it my way. Wich would you want working on your side?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I would see this only as being a test if you know you are fallible. If you insist you have done nothing to "pay" for, you then think your perfect and would need to learn that misgiving. You accept you need to learn and are willing to listen and also accept responsibility for something you have or will do wrong. So basicly just a difference of I know I need help, or I know best and im doing it my way. Wich would you want working on your side?

I prefer to work with the Guy that knows best and do it His way.

The same Fellow said ..."Be thou perfect, as your Father in heaven is perfect."

Maybe He was being sarcastic while speaking to some nay sayers.
Maybe not.

If I succeed in becoming like Him...fellow servant.... and all that...
would I not be ...perfect?
And would I need Someone else....paying for my short comings?

Or would I not be held to the things I have said and done?

it's_sam

Freak of Nature
The same Fellow said ..."Be thou perfect, as your Father in heaven is perfect."
I see this as our motivation to accept our shortcommings, to find how we can overcome them and be closer to that result of perfectness.

mickiel

The world is too heavy for man to carry.

Jesus said he has overcome the world.

So when we try to carry it, the weight of it will keep crushing us.

We fight a battle that is already won.

Peace.

Misty

The world is too heavy for man to carry.

Jesus said he has overcome the world.

So when we try to carry it, the weight of it will keep crushing us.

We fight a battle that is already won.

Peace.

Well if Jesus has overcome the world he didn't do a very good job!:no:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I see this as our motivation to accept our shortcommings, to find how we can overcome them and be closer to that result of perfectness.

Did you mean to say...'acknowledge' our shortcomings?

Acceptance would take away the will to change.

mickiel

Well if Jesus has overcome the world he didn't do a very good job!:no:

Well I understand that observation, it does not seem like he did on the surface. If we judge by sight. We hear believers talk about faith and Hope, and they use that to see beyond what cannot be seen, belief in God itself is a type of Faith, we can't see him right out. So I understand skepticism and frustration, I am not God, I cannot give out Faith in him and his promises. I can only speak for myself, I believe what Jesus said.

I believe that to be our only Hope in the future, it was our only Hope in the past. I expect Jesus to do the biggest clean up Job in the world, and I cannot say when it will take effect. Just not today.

But as for me, I believe.

Peace.

Misty

Well I understand that observation, it does not seem like he did on the surface. If we judge by sight. We hear believers talk about faith and Hope, and they use that to see beyond what cannot be seen, belief in God itself is a type of Faith, we can't see him right out. So I understand skepticism and frustration, I am not God, I cannot give out Faith in him and his promises. I can only speak for myself, I believe what Jesus said.

I believe that to be our only Hope in the future, it was our only Hope in the past. I expect Jesus to do the biggest clean up Job in the world, and I cannot say when it will take effect. Just not today.

But as for me, I believe.

Peace.

If it does it for you that is fine. I prefer to think humans can sort themselves out without the help of any supposed deity.

mickiel

If it does it for you that is fine. I prefer to think humans can sort themselves out without the help of any supposed deity.

I think both realitys exist. Although I believe, I am not blind to unbelief and the obvious sucess of unbelievers to advance in this world. In fact, I believe that God is not trying to " Sort things out for humanity" in individuals lives, I think he basically leaves the vast majority of humans to themselves. And I think that is a " Curse" , really.

When God leaves a human to sort things out for themselves, then thats just a curse. The result of humans being left to sort things out for themselves, is what we see in human history, and what we see now. Its a mess.

Peace.