• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Trinity

Youtellme

Someone get me a 3 in 1 coffee. 3 different components but is still one.......

Indeed, but none the less it is made of three very diffent components that are not the same as each other. Coffee, sugar, milk, oh, and water. All different. They may make a cup of coffee but they are not the same or else you'd end up with a cup of sugar or water alone.
The trinity teaches that each person of the trinity is the same as the next. So your comparison to coffee doesn't work.

Renji

Indeed, but none the less it is made of three very diffent components that are not the same as each other. Coffee, sugar, milk, oh, and water. All different. They may make a cup of coffee but they are not the same or else you'd end up with a cup of sugar or water alone.

Sure, but can you, by any means, separate the coffee, milk and sugar? No, unless you buy them separately. Second thing, we as individuals do have different parts. But does having different parts mean that they are or should be treated separately from the other? No, because they still made up an individual and they should complement each other. Mutilate one and it will cost you alot. Even death.

The trinity teaches that each person of the trinity is the same as the next. So your comparison to coffee doesn't work.

Not at all. For the case of catholicism, the term 'trinity' is used to explain the relation between the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, that this three are only one and should not be treated separately from each other.

no-body

we can breath life into a person who has lost consciousness and stopped breathing on their own

we can make a simple machine out of plastic to breath oxygen into the lungs of a person who cannot breath on their own

So why it is illogical that God can breath life into a lifeless body?

God can create people and animals, flood the earth, turn water into wine, heal the sick, etc.

But being a three in one God.. "that's impossible!"

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
God can create people and animals, flood the earth, turn water into wine, heal the sick, etc.

when he clearly tells us that he is not, then yes.

Deut 6:4 “Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah"

If you consider that the Isrealites had just been freed from a nation who worshiped triune gods, its interesting why Moses though it proper to mention that Jehovah was only 'one'

They would have understood the triune concept because in Egypt, there were hundreds of gods. A list found in the tomb of Thutmose III contains the names of some 740 gods.

02-Trinity+Gods-Various+Pagan+Triune+Gods.jpg

The bible makes a clear distinction from the gods of the nations that he is NOT a triune.

Youtellme

No, with God all things are possible, except for things he isn't. For instance it says it is impossible for God to lie. So it seems there are certain things he won't/can't/doesn't do...

Mutaqalimun

This often is the argument against Jesus being God because a body can not contain an infinite being. However the identity of God is His intelligence and that is what is present in a finite body. However finite instances of God do not eliminate the infinity of God but only serve to evidence it.
Statement above came from a human being who also Stated this
I am in Jesus and Jesus is in me. When I speak, you hear Jesus speak.

Who can against "THY " statutes then? :bow:

My guess is that your concept of what is Christian is flawed.
if THOU said so who are we human that can against "THINE" ?:bow:

Nut Alert!!! ...... :help:

ellenjanuary

People of the Book, do not transgress the bounds of your religion. Speak nothing but the truth about God. The Messiah, Jesus the son of Mary, was no more than God's apostle and His Word which he cast to Mary: a spirit from Him. So believe in God and His apostles and do not say "three." Forbear, and it shall be better for you. God is but one God.
~Koran 4:171

So... if yer not a trinitarian, you're a... Muslim. :D

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

I've never heard that one before, just the egg being three parts.

Are all three components of your coffee equal components?

Are two components persons and one component an' it'?

According to Numbers 11v17 God's spirit is an 'it'.
So in the NT Greek grammar rules are not an expression of doctrine
but just following Greek grammar rules using masculine even for an 'it'.

so are we talking about the god head or coffee or an egg?

it is obvious using the bible to see that they are three separate beings. read the account of christs baptism, or the account of stephen looking up into heaven.

my testimony is also based on the appearance of the father and the son to the boy joseph smith, he like stephen, saw two separate beings. This was done to correct false doctrines which crept in over the years.

http://www.elderbevan.blogspot.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Renji

I've never heard that one before, just the egg being three parts.

Are all three components of your coffee equal components?

Are two components persons and one component an' it'?

According to Numbers 11v17 God's spirit is an 'it'.
So in the NT Greek grammar rules are not an expression of doctrine
but just following Greek grammar rules using masculine even for an 'it'.

Huh, I'm tired of answering this....

Renji

so are we talking about the god head or coffee or an egg?

it is obvious using the bible to see that they are three separate beings. read the account of christs baptism, or the account of stephen looking up into heaven.

my testimony is also based on the appearance of the father and the son to the boy joseph smith, he like stephen, saw two separate beings. This was done to correct false doctrines which crept in over the years.

check out my blog for more on what mormons believe: www.elderbevan.blogspot.com

I do respect your faith and your stand, but the concept of trinity has been answered hundreds and hundreds of years ago by the council of Nicea and, a lot of heresy vs the trinity doctrine has been answered also hundreds of years ago.... So I wouldn't be answering anymore, for I know my faith more than you guys do.

Don't judge the doctrine guys if you don't know its history. That's all.

ellenjanuary

It is a singularity composed of a pair of dualities. In the eternal state, God the Father and Jesus the Son are one. Only, we don't operate on timeless scales, we operate on sequential time. Cause and effect; being, becoming. Thus, when Jesus spoke in scripture, "If you know Me, you know my Father;" confusion only arises if one disregards the eternal/sequential interface: the Holy Spirit. Through the Spirit, the simultaneous duality of Jesus being both mortal and divine is only in conflict with absolute placement. Einstein did away with absolute space, so looking beyond absolute placement should not be a big leap for modern man. Meaning, that absolute placement of Jesus as a man in Judea at 33 C.E> is only a barrier to understanding that Jesus, is now, in all of us.
2+2=3
Where else does that equation arise? A pair of eyes use extrapolation between two curved, two-dimensional surfaces to produce bipolar vision, and simulate a third dimension. If it's so easy to simulate three dimensions and see one world, what's the difficulty here? ;)

I do respect your faith and your stand, but the concept of trinity has been answered hundreds and hundreds of years ago by the council of Nicea and, a lot of heresy vs the trinity doctrine has been answered also hundreds of years ago.... So I wouldn't be answering anymore, for I know my faith more than you guys do.

Don't judge the doctrine guys if you don't know its history. That's all.

alright, i do know it's history, and are you really willing to take the answer from unispired men who were not witnesses of jesus christ himself and never heard him teach and only came to the conclusion of the trinity by a vote. come on a vote? is that how we decide doctrine here?

I would much rather take the account of the scriptures, even from jesus christ himself. remember in John chapter 17, known as the intercessory prayer. jesus says " That they all may be one; as thou, father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me." this is jesus himself praying for all of us that would live. do you really believe he wants us all to morph into a billion headed creature and all be one in body. NO. this clearly shows that they are one in purpose, not being. they are separate beings, with separate bodies.

http://www.elderbevan.blogspot.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Renji

alright, i do know it's history, and are you really willing to take the answer from unispired men who were not witnesses of jesus christ himself and never heard him teach and only came to the conclusion of the trinity by a vote. come on a vote? is that how we decide doctrine here?

I would much rather take the account of the scriptures, even from jesus christ himself. remember in John chapter 17, known as the intercessory prayer. jesus says " That they all may be one; as thou, father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me." this is jesus himself praying for all of us that would live. do you really believe he wants us all to morph into a billion headed creature and all be one in body. NO. this clearly shows that they are one in purpose, not being. they are separate beings, with separate bodies.

check out my blog for more on what mormons believe: www.elderbevan.blogspot.com

If you know the trinity doctrine, why don't you give its history? And about that scripture "that they also may be one in us" means actually that we may be UNITED in God....

Renji

It is a singularity composed of a pair of dualities. In the eternal state, God the Father and Jesus the Son are one. Only, we don't operate on timeless scales, we operate on sequential time. Cause and effect; being, becoming. Thus, when Jesus spoke in scripture, "If you know Me, you know my Father;" confusion only arises if one disregards the eternal/sequential interface: the Holy Spirit. Through the Spirit, the simultaneous duality of Jesus being both mortal and divine is only in conflict with absolute placement. Einstein did away with absolute space, so looking beyond absolute placement should not be a big leap for modern man. Meaning, that absolute placement of Jesus as a man in Judea at 33 C.E> is only a barrier to understanding that Jesus, is now, in all of us.
2+2=3
Where else does that equation arise? A pair of eyes use extrapolation between two curved, two-dimensional surfaces to produce bipolar vision, and simulate a third dimension. If it's so easy to simulate three dimensions and see one world, what's the difficulty here? ;)

This explains it...

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If you know the trinity doctrine, why don't you give its history? And about that scripture "that they also may be one in us" means actually that we may be UNITED in God....

John 14v28 Jesus Father is greater than I [Jesus]
John 10v29 Jesus Father is greater than all.

The history of the trinity originated in ancient pagan Mesopotamia.
As those pagan peoples migrated away from ancient Babylon they took with them their old pagan trinity doctrine or triune gods and spread that pagan concept world wide into a greater religious Babylon or Babylon the Great.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
when he clearly tells us that he is not, then yes.

Deut 6:4 “Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah"

If you consider that the Isrealites had just been freed from a nation who worshiped triune gods, its interesting why Moses though it proper to mention that Jehovah was only 'one'

They would have understood the triune concept because in Egypt, there were hundreds of gods. A list found in the tomb of Thutmose III contains the names of some 740 gods.

02-Trinity+Gods-Various+Pagan+Triune+Gods.jpg

The bible makes a clear distinction from the gods of the nations that he is NOT a triune.

Just thought your ^above^ post bears repeating. Thanks for posting it.

Ben Masada

1+1+1=1? or 1+1+1=3 or 1+1+1= something else?

Something else: One equals absolutely One. Jesus himself made it very clear that God is absolutely One and the Only Lord. Read Mark 12:29. Every time you include Jesus in that equation, you are not only contradicting Jesus' own words but also committing idoltry of the Greek Mythology style.

Ben