• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Trinity

ellenjanuary

according to John 1:1
1+1+1=4

"In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God"

The Word = 1
God = 3

3+1=4 :D

You forgot the next part, "and the word was god." So, one has a pair of dualities; a was and with, a god and a word... and that adds up to four. "Was" can only equal "with" through the Holy Spirit, so it ends up looking like a trinity after all.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
You forgot the next part, "and the word was god." So, one has a pair of dualities; a was and with, a god and a word... and that adds up to four. "Was" can only equal "with" through the Holy Spirit, so it ends up looking like a trinity after all.

then I would have to say that John was a very bad with his greek grammar lol

Muffled

Jesus in me
As well is His ALL UNIFIED-ONENESS

Lion is Might.......but God is All-Mighty(Infinite Might)
I Know .......but God is All-Knowing (Infinite Knowledge)

I'm a ONE-UNIFIED (My Body,My Soul,My Spirit)=FINITE UNIFIED ONE
GOD is ALL ONE-UNIFIED TRINITY (Father,Son&Holy Spirit) = INFINITE UNIFIED ONE
:yes:

Please dude..don't mix Christology (100% God and 100% human) and Trinity :)

God is Holy Spirit, and He is not Infinite?...Hmmm..That's new:)
I think we shouldn't compare God's Spirit with human spirit, shall we?

I don't know about you, by i believe in Infinite God :cool:

P.S Yo..Bro r..u a Moslem or Atheist? why u identified yourself as Christian? I'm noticing ALL of your comments are Anti-Christian. Little advice Hommie..Just B Yourselves! and don't b ashamed of what you believe in, or maybe because you yourself have already ashamed of your true ideology so you pretending yourself as Christian? :)

This often is the argument against Jesus being God because a body can not contain an infinite being. However the identity of God is His intelligence and that is what is present in a finite body. However finite instances of God do not eliminate the infinity of God but only serve to evidence it.

Of course we can. Man's spirit is finite and can only carry one line of thought but God's spirit is infinite and can carry multiple lines of thought at the same time.

I identify myself as a Christian because i am one. I am in Jesus and Jesus is in me. When I speak, you hear Jesus speak.

I take exception to that concept. My guess is that your concept of what is Christian is flawed.

Muffled

Jesus in me
You know that God is always in control.
God is indirectly in control of us at all times and directly in control of our environment sometimes but He is only directly in control of a person who puts Him in control. If God directly controlled everyone their would be no evil in the world.

Muffled

Jesus in me
according to John 1:1
1+1+1=4

"In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God"

The Word = 1
God = 3

3+1=4 :D

This is very ingenuous of you. Either that or you have not understood the Trinity.
Inteligence (represented by "word") is the identifying aspect of God. It is present in each member of the Trinity but can't be deatched as though it were a member of a quadruplicity. That would be akin to making "spirit" a member as well and making it a quintessence.

Scott C.

Just one guy
The Rams is a football team. There is one Ram (i.e., one team).

John is a Ram (Head Coach)
Bill is a Ram (QB)
Tom is a Ram (Running Back)

Are there three Rams? Sure, John, Bill, and Tom.
Is there one Ram? Sure, one Ram Team
Is there a head Ram? Sure, John the coach.

There is one Godhead, consisting of Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
The Father is the Head.
The Son is the Redeemer.
The Holy Ghost is the Testator.
Are there three Gods or one God? Yes to both, just like there are three Rams and one Ram.

So, in the beginning (before the world was created), was the Word. Jesus was before the world was created. The Word was with God, meaning Jesus was with His Father. Jesus was God and the Father was also God. (Go back to the Rams analogy. In the beginning was the QB and the QB was with the Head Coach and the QB was Ram and the Head Coach was Ram).

Jesus prayed to His Father that his disciples would become one with God, just as He is one with the Father. To whatever extent my wife and I are unified in our intentions, motives, etc., we are "one". Nevertheless, as much as my wife and I are "one", we still remain very much separate people.

The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are each Divine Beings of perfection. Their unity is so absolutely perfected that they are "One". Nevertheless, they remain three separate and distinct individuals or persons.

What I just described is not the traditional view of the Trinity. But, it's what I believe that the Bible teaches.

Last edited:

Youtellme

The Rams is a football team. There is one Ram (i.e., one team).

John is a Ram (Head Coach)
Bill is a Ram (QB)
Tom is a Ram (Running Back)

Are there three Rams? Sure, John, Bill, and Tom.
Is there one Ram? Sure, one Ram Team
Is there a head Ram? Sure, John the coach.
Is there one Ram? No. There is a Ram team. Made up of different people, with different names and no doubt different date of births.

There is one Godhead, consisting of Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
The Father is the Head.
The Son is the Redeemer.
The Holy Ghost is the Testator.
Are there three Gods or one God? Yes to both, just like there are three Rams and one Ram.
Again, being in a team does not make you the same as the other, individual members of the team. You are different to your team mates, dispite being in ONE team.

So, in the beginning (before the world was created), was the Word. Jesus was before the world was created. The Word was with God, meaning Jesus was with His Father.
Correct. WITH his father, not ACTUALLY his father.

Jesus was God and the Father was also God. (Go back to the Rams analogy. In the beginning was the QB and the QB was with the Head Coach and the QB was Ram and the Head Coach was Ram).

"God" is not something that can be split up in a team sense. It refers to ONE individual, not a team.

Jesus prayed to His Father that his disciples would become one with God, just as He is one with the Father. To whatever extent my wife and I are unified in our intentions, motives, etc., we are "one". Nevertheless, as much as my wife and I are "one", we still remain very much separate people.
Correct. You are one in motive and purpose. That does not make you, your wife. It's quite clear that you are seperate beings. In the same way, Jesus is in complete union and agreement with whatever his father wants but that doesn't make Jesus, God.

The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are each Divine Beings of perfection. Their unity is so absolutely perfected that they are "One". Nevertheless, they remain three separate and distinct individuals or persons.
Correct. (Although, the holy ghost is not a person, but that's for another thread...)
What I just described is not the traditional view of the Trinity. But, it's what I believe that the Bible teaches.
So you agree that the trinity teaching is not based on the Bible. Congrats!

Last edited:

Scott C.

Just one guy
So you agree that the trinity teaching is not based on the Bible. Congrats!

I will take a guess that you are a Jehovah's witness. They are the only Christian group of which I am aware, that separates the Father and the Son and does not give the Son the status of God. Am I right?

As an LDS, I too separate the Father and the Son. But, I believe that the Godhead is indeed a team of three individuals, so I see Christ as a member of the Godhead.

Youtellme

I will take a guess that you are a Jehovah's witness. They are the only Christian group of which I am aware, that separates the Father and the Son and does not give the Son the status of God. Am I right?

As an LDS, I too separate the Father and the Son. But, I believe that the Godhead is indeed a team of three individuals, so I see Christ as a member of the Godhead.

Well done! I am. The thing is, you may seperate Jesus and the Father and think that he is part of a three part team, but that is not what the trinity teaching says either.
The trinity teaches that they are co-equal and co-eternal but from scriptures you can see that that is quite clearly not what Jesus said. If Jesus was actually God, his ransom sacrifice would be pointless, his prayers would be meaningless and wouldn't ask for God to remover the cup if possible as he could do that himself, what with him actually being God.
Aslo, we are not the only Christian religion that doesn't accept the trinity. Doctrine of the Trinity - Faith Groups that Reject the Trinity Doctrine

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
OK explain to me the science behind God breathing life into Adam and Eve. Do we have their fossil remains somewhere full of God's breath?

we can breath life into a person who has lost consciousness and stopped breathing on their own

we can make a simple machine out of plastic to breath oxygen into the lungs of a person who cannot breath on their own

So why it is illogical that God can breath life into a lifeless body?

Scott C.

Just one guy
Well done! I am. The thing is, you may seperate Jesus and the Father and think that he is part of a three part team, but that is not what the trinity teaching says either.
The trinity teaches that they are co-equal and co-eternal but from scriptures you can see that that is quite clearly not what Jesus said. If Jesus was actually God, his ransom sacrifice would be pointless, his prayers would be meaningless and wouldn't ask for God to remover the cup if possible as he could do that himself, what with him actually being God.
Aslo, we are not the only Christian religion that doesn't accept the trinity. Doctrine of the Trinity - Faith Groups that Reject the Trinity Doctrine

I will go out on a limb and say somewhat loosely that my views of the Godhead fall somewhere between the Jehovah's Witness doctrine and the Trinity. Like the Jehovah's Witness, I believe in the separate persons of the Father and the Son. Like the Trinity, I believe in the Godhood of Christ. Unlike the Trinity, I do not accept the "one substance" of the Father and Son.

Last edited:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I will go out on a limb and say somewhat loosely that my views of the Godhead fall somewhere between the Jehovah's Witness doctrine and the Trinity. Like the Jehovah's Witness, I believe in the separate persons of the Father and the Son. Like the Trinity, I believe in the Godhood of Christ. Unlike the Trinity, I do not accept the "one substance" of the Father and Son.

Jesus Godhood does not have to be linked with the trinity doctrine though. He is called a god because he exists as a god... all spirits are 'godlike' because they exist in Gods form.

Jesus is most definitely a spirit person and therefore he is divine in nature...just as we are like our fathers, flesh in nature.

Youtellme

Then you do not believe in the Trinity, because if you did, you'd accept the churches version. Cna I ask, what are the major objections you come up with regards to the Trinity doctrine? Things that niggle you because the scriptures seem to say otherwise.