• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Trinity

No, the Father HAS a Spirit. Remember how it hovered over the Waters of Earth in the beginning?

No the Father is a spirit or spirit!

Joh 4:23-24
(23) But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
(24) God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Shermana

Heretic
No the Father is a spirit or spirit!

Joh 4:23-24
(23) But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
(24) God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

So how does that verse reconcile with Genesis 1?

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
No, the Father HAS a Spirit. Remember how it hovered over the Waters of Earth in the beginning?

First of all Jesus stated: God is a Spirit [Pneu'ma] at Jn 4v24.
- 2nd Cor 3vs17,18
So, like all those existing in the spirit realm are spirit persons invisible to us.

Genesis [6v3] mentions where God said, "my spirit" [ru-chi]
Isaiah [1v14] mentions where God said, "my soul" [naph-shi]

So, God is a Spirit [person] Hebrews 9v24
But God also has his holy spirit to use as his power or active force.
Both ru'ach and pneu'ma relate to God's holy spirit as his active useful force.

God is always as: he or him.
Whereas God's spirit is neuter, or as: 'it' or 'itself'.
-Numbers 11 vs17,25; Romans 8 vs16,26

outhouse

Atheistically

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

there was no duality between spririt and father when they wrote it

Flat Earth Kyle

Thats what I believe, I believe in a God Head, Jesus Christ was actually praying to another person. Catholics and Baptists don't believe that though, they believe Jesus Christ was the very person he was praying to.
I just don't understand why they believe that.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Equating with God = Being God?

Also, if the "Father is Greater than I", that's not really being equal now is it.

Does God have an equal other than himself?

There is one spirit. Every place that God is He is ewuivalent to Himself ervery where else. That covers the essence. However Jesus is more than just the essence, He is also flesh. Conceiving God in the flesh is not equivalent to conceiving God everywhere. Thus the Father is greater because the concept of God is greater.

Muffled

Jesus in me

Spirit of God is a way to designate that it is not the spirit of someone else. If the text only said spirit, you wouldn't know which one. If the text only said God you would not know what God is.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Thats what I believe, I believe in a God Head, Jesus Christ was actually praying to another person. Catholics and Baptists don't believe that though, they believe Jesus Christ was the very person he was praying to.
I just don't understand why they believe that.

We believe that because scripture supports it and does not support God in three persons or even two persons.

God prays to Himself because He is the only person He can pray to.

There is another question why does He need to pray when He is all powerful. The answer is that He doesn't always pray sometimes He just commands the wind and the waves, so logically He doesn't need to pray to make things happen.
Sometimes when Jesus prays He says it is for the sake of those listening.

However there is also the human element. Jesus has a physical mind which has to be attuned to the spirit of God. The physical mind is part of the world which Jesus says He has overcome. For everyone there is always a battle for supremacy between the physical mind and the spiritual mind.

outhouse

Atheistically
God prays to Himself because He is the only person He can pray to.

but jesus is not god. he is the son of god.

He just commands the wind and the waves

say what?

Did he command the last tow large tsunamis that wiped out hundreds of thousands of people???

Shermana

Heretic
Does God have an equal other than himself?

There is one spirit. Every place that God is He is ewuivalent to Himself ervery where else. That covers the essence. However Jesus is more than just the essence, He is also flesh. Conceiving God in the flesh is not equivalent to conceiving God everywhere. Thus the Father is greater because the concept of God is greater.

Jesus specifically denied being Equal to God though, that is why he responded as he did in John 10:34. Just because the Pharisees were accusing him of making himself Equal doesn't mean he said to be.

The last sentence makes no sense, maybe it does to a Trinitarian.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Jesus Christ was actually praying to another person. Catholics and Baptists don't believe that though, they believe Jesus Christ was the very person he was praying to.
We believe WHAT?! :eek: