• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Trinity

Mark2020

How about some more:

(Psalms 95:3 [LXX](94:3)) οτι θεος μεγας κυριος και βασιλευς μεγας επι παντας τους θεους
(Psalms 95:3 [NWT]) For Jehovah is a great God And a great King over all other gods,
(Psalms 95:3 [HiSB]) כִּ֤י אֵ֣ל גָּד֣וֹל יְהוָ֑ה וּמֶ֥לֶךְ גָּ֝ד֗וֹל עַל־ כָּל־ אֱלֹהִֽים׃

Again YHVH is θεος!!! Anarthrous!!!

Shermana

Heretic
Every version except the NIV uses "A great God", it appears the use of upper case "G" is an arbitrary issue, they all identify it as Anarthrous, even the NLT, and not the least the KJV and Douay Rheims. Do you even check your own examples?

Mark2020

Every version except ...
I don't care about the NWT now. I've already made you attack it many times.;)

Now, I just showed everybody that:
The anarthrous issue is destroyed

RIP:sad4:

It is enough to see how you react giving many "inaccurate" , desperate and unproven claims, to try to defend your view, while the issue is really very simple and clear.

Thanks for your help.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Thank you.
That's enough to lay that issue to rest.
But I had to remove the word "maker" so we can agree...
You had to edit his post in order to distort what was being said. Non-trinitarians don't argue that Jesus isn't the son of God. They argue that Jesus is not The God.

Mark2020

You had to edit his post in order to distort what was being said. Non-trinitarians don't argue that Jesus isn't the son of God. They argue that Jesus is not The God.

He had already said that "YHVH is a god" which more than enough for me.

IsmailaGodHasHeard

Acts 4:12 is talking about G-d who gave Jesus as the only "name" in whom salvation is found, and the point was about the contextual difference of "CALLING" upon a name which is a recitation of Joel 2:32. Why don't you quote me so I can see what exactly I said you disagree with.

John 14:6 is easy to explain, Yashua is the gatekeeper. No one comes to the Father except through him, what's so hard to understand? Even a Trinitarian has to accept they are separate beings in that verse.

I am sorry but I disagree. There are a lot of verses which prove Jesus' deity.

idav

Being
Premium Member
How mature!
Really shows that you deserve no replies and that you've nothing useful to say.
I replied similar to Shermana not one page back and you give me drivel about "off topic". You want me to reply then respond to what I say intelligently.

javajo

Psalm 23:1, NWTsays, "Jehovah is my shepherd."

John 10:11,14 Jesus said, "I am the good shepherd."

Hebrews 13:20 says, "The God of peace . . . brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal covenant, even Jesus our Lord"— Jesus our Jehovah.

In these passages, Jesus is called our Jehovah. Jehovah is God. Jesus is God, thus part of the Tri-une God.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Psalm 23:1, NWTsays, "Jehovah is my shepherd."
John 10:11,14 Jesus said, "I am the good shepherd."

Hebrews 13:20 says, "The God of peace . . . brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal covenant, even Jesus our LordJesus our Jehovah.

In these passages, Jesus is called our Jehovah. Jehovah is God. Jesus is God, thus part of the Tri-une God.

...our Lord Jesus [Hebrews 13v20] is a title. Lord is a title not the tetragrammaton.[YHWH]

According to Hebrews [13v20] who resurrected the shepherd ?
According to Acts [2v32] God resurrected Jesus.
No Scripture says Jesus resurrected himself.

No where is holy spirit called a shepherd/Shepherd.

NWT says at Psalm [23v1] Jehovah [YHWH] is my Shepherd.
[Shepherd is with a capital 'S' because 'LORD' is where God's personal name appeared.]

KJV and NWT says at John [10vs11,14] 'shepherd' all in lower case letters.
Also, at Hebrews [13v20] shepherd is all in lower case letters because the tetragrammaton is not involved with those verses and not dealing with a personal proper name.

Shermana

Heretic
But Hebrews 13:20 says, "Jesus our Jehovah".

You'll get some really odd translations if you substitute "YHWH" for Kurios every single time, are you prepared for that? Do you go to Church on "The YHWH's day"?

Suddenly PAul says
"Are you not the result of my
work in the YHWH?"
instead of "work in the Lord?" You cannot translate Kurios as "YHWH" every single time, only when quoting the Septuagint.

I don't think the name is ever used in the posessive except like "YHWH of Heaven's armies" as a title like "Napoleon of the French Army". It is never ever used with "Our". The word is only translated to upper case LORD when they are quoting the Torah, otherwise, it means "Lord" in lower case.

Last edited:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
But Hebrews 13:20 says, "Jesus our Jehovah".

read it in context:

Heb 13:20 Now may the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great shepherd of the sheep (jehovah) with the blood of an everlasting covenant, our Lord Jesus, 21 equip YOU with every good thing to do his will (Jehovah's will), performing in us through Jesus Christ that which is well-pleasing in his sight; to whom be the glory forever and ever (to Jehovahs glory). Amen.

It is Jehovahs will that we do what is pleasing to him THROUGH our Lord Jesus who was provided by God as a blood covenant. Jesus is the way to approach God Jehovah. that is what the verse is saying.

javajo

The main point here in Hebrews 1 is that Jesus is much higher than any angel because he is God's only begotten Son, begotten not made. He upholds and is heir of all and he made all things. He is the express image of the invisible God whom the angels worship. It differentiates between the angels, being ministering spirits and the Son who is called God. Jesus is God, not an angel is the clear meaning and intent of this passage.

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
who is superior to the angels, as shown by seven passages of Scripture
4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.
13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

javajo

No Scripture says Jesus resurrected himself.
I lay down my life, that I might take it again. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again...See John 10:17-18

outhouse

Atheistically
I lay down my life, that I might take it again. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again...See John 10:17-18

scrip like that is exactly why I dont believe J, more theology is added to that then any of the other synoptic gospel's