• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the truth behind hip hop ex ministries

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
but when people start blaming it for bad thing it's a cop out, a scape goat for those that can't take responsibility for there own actions.
That is a good point. Most of us can listen to songs such as Sweating Bullets and Sleepwalker by Megadeth, and not go on a bi-polar/split personality killing spree. If music was the cause, then there would be without a doubt many, many more widespread violence and killing.

remember that each song written by the artist has a message. that christians shouldn't listen too if you watch the 4 part videos. you could see what i'm talking about.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
remember that each song written by the artist has a message. that christians shouldn't listen too if you watch the 4 part videos. you could see what i'm talking about.

What messages are OK for Christians? Doesn't someone have to listen to it first to determine the message?

And, also if certain music is bad because it elicits an emotional response, which emotions are OK for Christians to feel?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Hello ladyema,

I just thought I would thank your for your informative viewpoints on this serious subject. Sadly I have listened to very HARD rock for decades now and I have to admit that it has had an effect on me. Oddly I see myself at 110, sitting in the nursing home listening to Hendrix, Led Zeppelin and Marilyn Manson. Sadly I simply do not like Rap, Hippety hop or Gospel. Gospel hurts my ears. Am I under the influence of a demon? HELP ME, PLEASE! WHAT DO I DO TO GET THESE DEMONS OUT OF MY HEAD.

*Falls to the floor playing air quitar and mewling..."
"Geeee-zuzzzz, paalllleeeeaaasssse save me from the evillllll demon messagesssss."

(We now return you to your regular programming.)

Popeyesays

Part of the problem is that the Craig Ministries website may show great devotion to the message of Christ, it is in essence devoid of rational thought and moderation of behavior.

It assigns "Evil" as separate existence. That is not rational thinking.

Satan is the SELF, the urge to put one's self at the center of one's existence when the Prophet calls upon one to put God at the center.

When rationality is thrown away one loses all real devotion to God.

Regards,
Scott

a warning to people about what there doing. especially christians does not lose it's devotion to god. it only shows that they want to help and their only doing what's right. just because people choose to believe that it is a bogus thing to talk about . just because it hasn't happened to you or anyone you know. if the evidence is right in front of you. you cant just avoid it just at least be open minded about and take head . dont turn an ignorant attitude towards it.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
a warning to people about what there doing. especially christians does not lose it's devotion to god. it only shows that they want to help and their only doing what's right. just because people choose to believe that it is a bogus thing to talk about . just because it hasn't happened to you or anyone you know. if the evidence is right in front of you. you cant just avoid it just at least be open minded about and take head . dont turn an ignorant attitude towards it.

What evidence?

Peace,
Mystic

in the movie minister craig shows many differnt symbols, video's, and historic facts that are used in the rap, r&b, and many other gners of music . he warns christians to stay away from watch the video and you'll see for yourself.he also has testimonies from old r&b, rap , and secular artist who use to be in groups like kevin from color me bad and so on.

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
in the movie minister craig shows many differnt symbols, video's, and historic facts that are used in the rap, r&b, and many other gners of music . he warns christians to stay away from
If the evil symbols are shown in that video, we shouldn't watch it. Sounds like this craig guy is trying to sneak evil into innocent brains.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
in the movie minister craig shows many differnt symbols, video's, and historic facts that are used in the rap, r&b, and many other gners of music . he warns christians to stay away from watch the video and you'll see for yourself.he also has testimonies from old r&b, rap , and secular artist who use to be in groups like kevin from color me bad and so on.

Since you've introduced this into the forum, and most members do not have access to this video series, the burden is on you to provide this evidence for us. So, what symbols? What historic facts? Why should Christians stay away from hip hop? What is it exactly that you saw for yourself?

Peace,
Mystic

if that's what you call warning people about what they already have seen. but he doesn't even show certain videos that much because he knows of it's effects. All he does is warn you by showing you the evidence your just not going to believe what somebody tells you without evidence to back it up are you?

Popeyesays

Please don't PM me tiny clips of anything. Is there a web site where these can be seen? I don't think the PM system is up to video file transfer.

Regards,
Scott

Popeyesays

Hip-Hop culture is counter-culture. So was Swing Music, so was Dixie Land.

Counter culture has its good points, without it the rate of flux in CULTURE would be minimized and stagnant culture is dead culture.

The "evils" the website talks of are no different from the reputed evils of "The Lost Generation" of youth in the early 1920's.

We survived that. We'll survive this. Culture will change because that is the nature of a living culture. Hip-Hop is being absorbed and homogenized right now, in ten years more culture will have digested it, altered itself slightly in the process and be busy amalgamating another counter-culture.

The website blames Hip-Hop on a modern-day Zulu. The Zulu music tradition is vital, unique and admirable.

Regards,
Scott

remember that in christianity music was lucifers power. As the movie explains he was kicked out of heaven but no where did it mention his powers was taken from him. he became the devil and started his own thing that's where music comes int o play. he explains it in the website. warnings where ever there's danger is going to happen. maybe it was told in the 1920's and it's the same messaged today it never changed it just got bolder since music is getting bolder.