• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Upcoming UK General Election

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Things will get better under Labour, nothing could be worse than it is now. The problem will be how soon?
The Tories have bankrupted the country and lost their "We are best for the economy" tag line.
I'd vote Green or LibDem if we had PR, but will vote Labour as they have the best chance of winning in my true blue constituency.

I don't share your optimism,i don't see either Lib dems or Greens as even worth a protest vote,i dispare for my grandchildrens future,im not sure i will even vote.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I don't share your optimism,i don't see either Lib dems or Greens as even worth a protest vote,i dispare for my grandchildrens future,im not sure i will even vote.
How do you explain to your grandkids that you voted to stop their freedom of movement and cripple the economy?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
How do you explain to your grandkids that you voted to stop their freedom of movement and cripple the economy?

Easy,no cheap labour,no screw ups like Merkel letting in a million unknowns into europe,cite the problems its caused scandinavia, by such action,and the need to get away from the european court of human rights.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Easy,no cheap labour,no screw ups like Merkel letting in a million unknowns into europe,cite the problems its caused scandinavia, by such action,and the need to get away from the european court of human rights.
Cheap labour might be correct BUT we now have a shortage that we don't seem to be able to fill. Plus immigration is at an all time high. Skilled EU workers have left the UK, many un-skilled Africans, etc. have arrived.
ECHR is not related to the EU - so that worked well.

Altfish

Veteran Member
So, the Daily Mail (and other Client journalist papers), Tory politicians and Tory commentators have been shown to be charlatons as their nasty hypocritical campaign against Angela Raynor has crashed and burned.

Yerda

Veteran Member
So, the Daily Mail (and other Client journalist papers), Tory politicians and Tory commentators have been shown to be charlatons as their nasty hypocritical campaign against Angela Raynor has crashed and burned.

I would wager my mother on the faction behind Starmer having planted these stories. They were briefing against here previously and snakes like that never stay still for long.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I would wager my mother on the faction behind Starmer having planted these stories. They were briefing against here previously and snakes like that never stay still for long.
If you don't mind me saying, that is rubbish.
The Daily Mail posted something like 30 stories, it was like the Currygate saga during COVID.
Dan Wooton and Dan Hodges have gone on and on about it, those two would look rabid on Fox News.

Yerda

Veteran Member
If you don't mind me saying, that is rubbish.
The Daily Mail posted something like 30 stories, it was like the Currygate saga during COVID.
Dan Wooton and Dan Hodges have gone on and on about it, those two would look rabid on Fox News.
If I'm wrong then I apologise to my mother for wagering her.

Maybe the tories thought they smelled something and just went at it blindly, but that seems really unlikely unless someone gave them the scent. It just seems like a sure bet that someone who doesn't like her thought they could hurt her with this story. And Starmer's people hate her.