• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Upcoming UK General Election

Yerda

Veteran Member
Can you prove evidence of that?
It's kinda been an open secret for years. There are plenty of stories out there that touch on them breifing against her, cancelling tv appearances and trying to get her demoted. Here's a couple of articles:

The politicos used to tweet about it a fair bit but it seems they are on better terms now that Starmer's people have realised they're stuck with her.

Altfish

Veteran Member
It's kinda been an open secret for years. There are plenty of stories out there that touch on them breifing against her, cancelling tv appearances and trying to get her demoted. Here's a couple of articles:

The politicos used to tweet about it a fair bit but it seems they are on better terms now that Starmer's people have realised they're stuck with her.
All articles from 2021!
He can't demote her, she is appointed by the National Executive

Altfish

Veteran Member
He absolutely can demote her. The executive don't give out shadow cabinet positions. Read the articles.
I stand to be corrected, but she is Deputy Leader, a position appointed, like the Leader, by the National Executive at the Annual Conference.

Yerda

Veteran Member
I stand to be corrected, but she is Deputy Leader, a position appointed, like the Leader, by the National Executive at the Annual Conference.
She is. Starmer can't demote her from deputy. He can demote her from whichever jobs she might hold in the shadow cabinet. Which the Starmer team were pushing for, apparently for quite a bit.

It does look like they have settled those differences in the meantime and Lord Ashcroft possibly got the story from elsewhere. Sorry, mum.

Altfish

Veteran Member
She is. Starmer can't demote her from deputy. He can demote her from whichever jobs she might hold in the shadow cabinet. Which the Starmer team were pushing for, apparently for quite a bit.

It does look like they have settled those differences in the meantime and Lord Ashcroft possibly got the story from elsewhere. Sorry, mum.
Lord Ashcroft who was (is?) Deputy Chair of the Tories, I wonder why he would be pushing this story?

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Lord Ashcroft who was (is?) Deputy Chair of the Tories, I wonder why he would be pushing this story?
I'm rather drunk on rum and trying to parse this convo....

What are you guys talking about? :tearsofjoy::oops:

Yerda

Veteran Member
I'm rather drunk on rum and trying to parse this convo....

What are you guys talking about? :tearsofjoy::oops:
I wagered my mum on the source of the Rayner story being a tip-off from Starmer's team. I've had a think about it and I have to say I've gambled the old dear away on a dodgy hunch.

To discredit Rayner.

Where did he catch the scent of scandal?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
My relatives in NI anticipate that Brexit will continue to bolster Sinn Fein, I will be interested to see if this pans out.
I have to admit that gets my Irish genes perking up and paying attention, and because it's pretty historic to see them gaining power.
Hamas could learn a thing or two if they paid attention.

RestlessSoul

Angela Rayner is personal friends with Mick Lynch of the RMT, and is trusted by the unions generally. She’s one of the architects of the New Deal for working people which the Labour Party is committed to. Starmer needs the unions, and the unions trust Rayner. Besides that, you only have to observe their body language when they’re together - whatever differences the leader and his deputy have had in the past, they like each other now.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Angela Rayner is personal friends with Mick Lynch of the RMT, and is trusted by the unions generally. She’s one of the architects of the New Deal for working people which the Labour Party is committed to. Starmer needs the unions, and the unions trust Rayner. Besides that, you only have to observe their body language when they’re together - whatever differences the leader and his deputy have had in the past, they like each other now.
I've met her. I like her. Case closed. :)

Secret Chief

Degrow!

Secret Chief

Degrow!
This despite the fact the only thing the press has wanted to talk about for days has been Dianne Abbott
Aye, that sort of **** will go on till election day.

How many pages of vitriol did the Daily Heil spew about Corbyn just the day before that GE? I think it was fifteen.

RestlessSoul

Aye, that sort of **** will go on till election day.

How many pages of vitriol did the Daily Heil spew about Corbyn just the day before that GE? I think it was fifteen.

It will, but this time it doesn’t seem to be working. They tried to switch the narrative to Angela Rayner being the power behind Keir Starmer; but that didn’t work because Rayner appears well liked by the public, not least for her resilience in the face of recent smears.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
It will, but this time it doesn’t seem to be working. They tried to switch the narrative to Angela Rayner being the power behind Keir Starmer; but that didn’t work because Rayner appears well liked by the public, not least for her resilience in the face of recent smears.
Yeah, she's a tough cookie! How long before Rachel Reeves is found to be a money-launderer, a Russian spy and a goat ******?