• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Walking Dead

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Is God responsible for the free will of zombies? Also, what about zombies changing their minds --is God responsible for zombies changing their minds? Like, first they want this "braaaiiinnnnss...." and then they change direction and want that "braaaiiiinnnnsss..." Should we ban brains because of zombies? How did zombies get into the Garden of Eden? And what about LeVayan zombies: can we determine if they are pantheist or panentheist if we can't even agree on the definition of atheist and agnostic?

Is it possible for a zombie to not believe in an afterlife? Or is it actually an after-death? Or is it a living after-death? Or is it the Night of the Living After-death?

And should we give them their own DIR?

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Speaking of Carl:

Bad word alert
JcGoF.jpg

Watchmen

Premium Member
MASSIVE SPOILERS

Changing Shane's killer from Carl to Rick removes a lot of the emotional impact and ignores the subtle build up the show has demonstrated with Carl's evolution from kid to defender of his family to borderline sociopath.

I don't disagree that having Carl kill Shane has a lot emotional impact. But I disagree that having Rick kill Shane removes any of that impact. Shane just killed his best friend. He said in an earlier episode that "we don't kill the living." Well, guess what, buddy - you just did! I think it has a profound emotional impact, but I am looking forward to Carl's descent into madness (unless they keep him pure to balance the loss of Dale).

Trey of Diamonds

I don't disagree that having Carl kill Shane has a lot emotional impact. But I disagree that having Rick kill Shane removes any of that impact. Shane just killed his best friend. He said in an earlier episode that "we don't kill the living." Well, guess what, buddy - you just did! I think it has a profound emotional impact, but I am looking forward to Carl's descent into madness (unless they keep him pure to balance the loss of Dale).

Having Carl kill zombie Shane was a coming of age moment. He failed to kill the zombie who killed Dale and even said he would never touch a gun again. The talk that Rick had with him was a lead in to Carl going from the child who could not kill to the adult who could.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
I'm a bit late to this party, but HOORAY ZOMBIES!

It's kinda' neat seeing places in the show I recognize as it's filmed in and around Atlanta. A couple of summers ago, the wife & I were downtown and noticed some streets blocked off. We saw the burned out bus & helicopter but didn't realize at the time what show they were filming.

We'd been rooting for Shane to get killed off since he cowardly killed off Otis. Yeah Rick &Carl!! That was totally unnecessary as Shane would have outrun Otis anyway, and if they'd kept going they probably would have stayed ahead of the Zombie hoard.

As for the comic...Daryl doesn't exist in the comic, and IIRC Lori is already dead. Anyway....we're really looking forward to the finale and next season.

zomg

I aim to misbehave!
RE how people become zombies. SPOILERS

Everyone is infected. Once you die, you come back as a zombie. We don't know if it's airborne, just that everyone is a potential zombie. Shane broke Randall's neck, Randall died and was turned into a zombie. In the comics there is a murder/suicide that basically turns into a murder and the person who was shot comes back to life, scaring the poop out of everyone.

Zombie bites don't infect you. The bites bring on death which leads to zombieness.

zomg

I aim to misbehave!
As for the comic...Daryl doesn't exist in the comic, and IIRC Lori is already dead. Anyway....we're really looking forward to the finale and next season.

Comic SSPOILERS

Nope. Lori is alive and well. Shane has long since been dead. Otis, Dale and Sophia are alive at this point.

zomg

I aim to misbehave!
You know, I think your right. In the books Carl shot Shane while he was still alive, not as a zombie. Been a few years since I read the first issues.
In the comic, Rick wanted to leave the atlanta area. Shane wanted to stay put. Then the zombies attack and Amy is killed. They have a fight. The next day, Rick and Shane go off hunting to talk. In the background of the panel you can see Carl run off to follow them. Shane and Rick start yelling at each other. Shane says it would have been better had Rick never came back and points his shotgun at him. Then there's a gunshot and Shane is shot through the neck. Carl yells "Don't hurt my daddy again!" or something. Rick and Carl embrace and Carl says, "You're right, it's much different shooting the live ones" or something.

Then there's a flashback to Lori and Shane's one night stand (not an ongoing hump fest as it is in the show) which then cuts to the funeral of Shane.

Later on when it is discovered that you don't have to be bitten to become a zombie, Rick goes back to the grave and digs up Shane and shoots zombie Shane.

Comic - Carl shoots Shane, Rick kills zombie Shane.
Show - Rick stabs Shane, Carl shoots zombie Shane.

Watchmen

Premium Member
In the comic, Rick wanted to leave the atlanta area. Shane wanted to stay put. Then the zombies attack and Amy is killed. They have a fight. The next day, Rick and Shane go off hunting to talk. In the background of the panel you can see Carl run off to follow them. Shane and Rick start yelling at each other. Shane says it would have been better had Rick never came back and points his shotgun at him. Then there's a gunshot and Shane is shot through the neck. Carl yells "Don't hurt my daddy again!" or something. Rick and Carl embrace and Carl says, "You're right, it's much different shooting the live ones" or something.

Then there's a flashback to Lori and Shane's one night stand (not an ongoing hump fest as it is in the show) which then cuts to the funeral of Shane.

Later on when it is discovered that you don't have to be bitten to become a zombie, Rick goes back to the grave and digs up Shane and shoots zombie Shane.

Comic - Carl shoots Shane, Rick kills zombie Shane.
Show - Rick stabs Shane, Carl shoots zombie Shane.

I never perceived Lori and Shane's previous relationship as a "hump fest."

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Just can't wait for tonight. I've been itching for a knock down drag out Romero style zombie battle and it looks from the previews to be the case for the season finale. Then a few more months of Deadless withdrawals.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I was wondering, should I watch the other episodes before watching a new episode? I want to get into this show.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I was wondering, should I watch the other episodes before watching a new episode? I want to get into this show.

I would definitely start at the beginning, Sum. And I kind of envy you: you have something like 20 new episodes to watch. The rest of us only have one until October. :p

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Something that I'm wondering about, and maybe I missed something and someone can fill me in:

Have they explained why there aren't any dogs anywhere in sight?

I mean, Hershel's horses and cows are still around, and there've been a cpl of live deer in the forests, but no dogs anywhere.

I think it would be safe to assume that living on a farm Hershel's family would have had a dog or two, especially since Otis was a hunter.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
I would definitely start at the beginning, Sum. And I kind of envy you: you have something like 20 new episodes to watch. The rest of us only have one until October. :p
Maybe I should try that. I will always see it on, and try to watch one of the episodes. But I can never just get into it. It sort of feels like Lost: The Zombie Edition, to me.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe I should try that. I will always see it on, and try to watch one of the episodes. But I can never just get into it. It sort of feels like Lost: The Zombie Edition, to me.

It kind of is. :p