• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "woke" witchhunt turning on its own.

We Never Know

No Slack
Okay, sure. Let's have a "95-105 IQ Celebration," and "everybody between 5'0" and 6'2" Hoedown." Then we'll have an "I got past grade 10 and Proud of it Day."

And a very special one, you'll like this: "Closed Minded and Glad of it Month." (Sure to be a huge winner in the red states.)
Oh.... I see. You want a day, a month, a parade etc but no one else should have them because it would take the "special" out of yours.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
What are the "ordinary human rights" that they are being denied?
Excuse me, are you 12? One "right" was the right to be who we are -- and let me explain that the public shaming and the possibility of prison sentences worked ever so slightly against that. When I was younger, any landlord, if they thought I was gay, could deny me the right to rent an apartment, any company could refuse to hire me -- or could fire me if they found out later -- for no other reason -- none at all.

We Never Know

No Slack
Excuse me, are you 12? One "right" was the right to be who we are -- and let me explain that the public shaming and the possibility of prison sentences worked ever so slightly against that. When I was younger, any landlord, if they thought I was gay, could deny me the right to rent an apartment, any company could refuse to hire me -- or could fire me if they found out later -- for no other reason -- none at all.
Will since you started off being a dick, I will ignore this post.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
If we should have LBGT rights, what are parents and what are straight rights? If we should have women's rights, list men's rights to balance it off. Be inclusive.
What are you talking about as "straights" have rights???
If only liberal groups get rights, and other have no rights, these so called right are not rights.
Which supposedly don't have rights?
Why don't Democrats allow MAGA people to their rallies as an equal; diversity, inclusion and equity?
Have the Dems ever stopped or even tied to stop a MAGA rally?
You guys are being used as pawns to divide the country.
You are drawing false dichotomies, not us that actually want inclusion. It's people like you who resist inclusion of all elements within our society, and it's the likes of Trump and many of his MAGA followers that cause hyper-division with their "culture wars" nonsense.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
This isn't my life. Living a private life is what everyone should hope for because putting your life in public opens it up to everyone, including critics and haters.
To be fair, historically speaking, gay people were often literally sought after. They wanted to be left alone, government wouldn’t let them in many cases. Or allowed them to do so for a while because they had money and fame I guess and managed to not annoy the right people for a while. (see the infamous case of Oscar Wilde. )
After a while it does become something of a necessity to just go, screw you! I’m here, out loud and proud.
Because if busybodies won’t let you live, how else can you tell them to back off?
I’ve been accosted occasionally simply because people assumed I was gay. I’m not even gay!

We Never Know

No Slack
To be fair, historically speaking, gay people were often literally sought after. They wanted to be left alone, government wouldn’t let them in many cases. Or allowed them to do so for a while because they had money and fame I guess and managed to not annoy the right people for a while. (see the infamous case of Oscar Wilde. )
After a while it does become something of a necessity to just go, screw you! I’m here, out loud and proud.
Because if busybodies won’t let you live, how else can you tell them to back off?
I’ve been accosted occasionally simply because people assumed I was gay. I’m not even gay!
I agree that is how it used to be. Not so much anymore.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Yeah. How about straight pride day. A straight pride month. A straight pride parade, etc etc.
Who's demonized you for being straight and called for abolishing your heterosexual marriage? That's why we havr an emphasis on women's rights, because men could vote, hold jobs amd be paid more and have total healthcare freedom while women are still widely viewed as less capable and equal than men.

We Never Know

No Slack
Who's demonized you for being straight and called for abolishing your heterosexual marriage? That's why we havr an emphasis on women's rights, because men could vote, hold jobs amd be paid more and have total healthcare freedom while women are still widely viewed as less capable and equal than men.
Are you saying I can't have those unless I am demonized?