• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theist or Atheist ?

chinu

chinu
Civilization brings a sedentary lifestyle which is not particularly healthy, exercise returns us to a more active lifestyle as is enjoyed by most animals during the everyday fight for survival
Question is why don't animals exercise to keep their body fit ?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Question is why don't animals exercise to keep their body fit ?

Many animals get their fitness, or health, from spending a much greater amount of time looking for food. Humans have got over that hurdle and hence can spend their time doing other things. Perhaps why we progressed so quickly as a species, but it also means we often have a tendency to ignore our health considerations over other things - which we might see as being more preferable.

chinu

chinu
Many animals get their fitness, or health, from spending a much greater amount of time looking for food. Humans have got over that hurdle and hence can spend their time doing other things. Perhaps why we progressed so quickly as a species, but it also means we often have a tendency to ignore our health considerations over other things - which we might see as being more preferable.
Question is NOT from where animals get their fitness from.
Question is why don't animals exercise ? So many of them die due to sickness.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Then his mother will eat even before a hug :)

Ah, now you are talking tigers - plural - and anyway, it might be a (relatively) tame one, as often used in circuses, but now not so much. Ever seen a lion brought up by a human that was returned to the wild but recognised and hugged their previous owner many years later? Has happened.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
He asking about wild, NOT your home :)

Now, don't start saying there isn't any difference between wild and home :)

You don't know our cat or the surrounding area.

Actually, i have found in recent weeks that there is little difference.

Our own over weight cat spends time in the forest hunting (not often successfully) forest animals (including one time, a wild boar). While one of the local wild chat errant (stray cats) has adopted us and spends a considerable amount if time in our house. But hey, that's just us, im sure other people think about animals differently than we do.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Adam was the first Manifestation of God of the Adamic Cycle of religion, but there were many cycles of religion before the Adamic Cycle.
I am not interested in what Abdul-Baha or Shoghi Effendi or your House of Justice says about universal cycles. You claim Bahaollah to be having the word of Allah. So, tell me what Bahaollah said about cycles, if you have any information on that. Of course, it is possible that tablets also could be pulled out from nowhere, since his son and great-grandson were doing that. Like the mention of Krishna and Buddha.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
So many of them die due to sickness.
Do humans not die because of Corona, SARS, Mad Cow disease, Plague, Diabetes, heart, cancer. Animals also have their own diseases. In wild sickness or any kind or inability is an invitation to death. A lion may not be able to hunt because of a thorn in the feet and die. It would be food for a pack of hyenas. Nature accepts only the capable.

It is not necessary that carnivorous animals will eat up a human all the time. Wild life workers strike up friendships with Gorillas, lions, hyenas, wolves and many other sort of animals. One has to approach them wisely.

Last edited: