• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There are no eyewitness accounts of Jesus in the New Testament

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
As I already told you, I am not comparing Christian sects.
I asked, why is Christianity better than other faith-based religions such as Hinduism, Judaism, Islam, or the Baha'i Faith?
lol, once again -- if I thought all groups & religions & sects calling themselves Christian were really Christian, I'd be able to answer you. On a similar note, if I thought your religion was better than other faith-based religions I'd feel free to join yours. But guess what?

YoursTrue

As I already told you, I am not comparing Christian sects.
I asked, why is Christianity better than other faith-based religions such as Hinduism, Judaism, Islam, or the Baha'i Faith?
If I thought all groups and sects calling themselves Christian were truly Christian, I'd answer you. Perhaps someone else can help you. (have a nice day)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
lol, once again -- if I thought all groups & religions & sects calling themselves Christian were really Christian, I'd be able to answer you. On a similar note, if I thought your religion was better than other faith-based religions I'd feel free to join yours. But guess what?
Of course if you thought my religion was better than other faith-based religions you'd feel free to join mine.
But that was not my question.

You still have not answered my question:
Why do you think that Christianity better than other faith-based religions such as Hinduism, Judaism, Islam, or the Baha'i Faith?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If I thought all groups and sects calling themselves Christian were truly Christian, I'd answer you. Perhaps someone else can help you. (have a nice day)
You are way off topic.

YoursTrue

Of course if you thought my religion was better than other faith-based religions you'd feel free to join mine.
But that was not my question.

You still have not answered my question:
Why do you think that Christianity better than other faith-based religions such as Hinduism, Judaism, Islam, or the Baha'i Faith?
are there various sects in your religion?

YoursTrue

You are way off topic.
do you really think that all the groups & sects that are classified as Christian are really Christian?

GoodAttention

That was bill and Ted

Chris and Yu

Screenshot 2024-09-10 130518.png

Ebionite

Anyone who believes in Jesus is a Christian.
According to Acts, Christianity started with Paul.

And when he had found [Paul/Saul], he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.
Acts 11:26

Sumadji

There is not a single first person claim to being an eye witness to Jesus' life.
The writer of John's Gospel, claims to have personally witnessed the crucifixion:

"But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out. And he who has seen has testified, and his testimony is true; and he knows that he is telling the truth, so that you may believe."
John 19: 34-35

(edited to remove reference to Gospel of Mark, already covered by the video)

Last edited:

Maybe you should believe it or at least consider it because it is based upon extensive study by a Bible scholar.
Modern people have no way to check whose stories those are. I believe they are eyewitness stories, because it is more difficult for me to believe someone just made up the whole thing.

Whoever this Luke guy is, here is what he had to say...

Luke1:1 Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled[a] among us, 2 just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. 3 With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, 4 so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.

He's not claiming to be an eyewitness, but he says the stuff he's writing about was handed down by eyewitnesses.
Thank you. Yes, he was not, but he wrote the testimonies of some people who were, which is why, if Bible is true, there is eyewitness accounts.