• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To the Non Believers.

Archer

Archer, this thread has been going for 28 pages, and you have yet to demonstrate that atheism leads to murder. All you have shown is that the majority of dictators in the 20th century were atheist. So what? The majority also had black hair.

Hell for many is reason enough to walk the line. Imagine if people did not fear god.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Hell for many is reason enough to walk the line. Imagine if people did not fear god.

Do you mean, imagine if everybody did not fear God? Because I would say a very large percentage of the Earth's population does not fear God or believe in hell.

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!
That is an attack on believers.

I asked you for more but nothing. You make it sound as if Atheists never do these things. Mao-Stalin

Mao was, arguable, a Catholic. His regime, like Stalin's, was antagonistic towards religion because religion loomed as a threat to their power. Totalitarian government's simply refuse to share power with anyone, especially if that someone poses a threat to their regime.

Mao-Stalin were not antagonistic towards relgiion to forward your imagined "Atheastic Paradise" ideology, ie free from religion.

Religion has survived well enough in China, even if you Abrahamics rank behind Chinese Traditional religions. Only public displays of religion and the Russian Orthodox Church were impacted by communist Russia, religion survived well enough on the individual level and the ROC is making a comeback.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
It's funny. Archer makes an entire thread just so he can complain about these horrible ATHEIST ATTACK THREADS, and yet he has yet to name a single one. Odd.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
People don't need to fear God. Fear of authority is a weakness, and it is the reason authority is so often abused. I don't do good things for people because I'm scared of God or going to hell, I do it because I feel like it. The fact that you think fear is necessary to maintain order tells me a lot about you as a person.

S-word

People don't need to fear God. Fear of authority is a weakness, and it is the reason authority is so often abused. I don't do good things for people because I'm scared of God or going to hell, I do it because I feel like it. The fact that you think fear is necessary to maintain order tells me a lot about you as a person.

Where there is no pain, there is no gain my dear friend, it is the fear of being burnt, as you were the first time that you put your hand in the fire, which stops you from doing it a second time. It is fear of the righteous punishment that a young and immature child will receive for its disobedience to the commands of its older and wiser parents, which teaches it to respect and love its parents. Spare the rod and spoil the child.

How many weak parents who have allowed their child to have its own way, are later accused by that child for the way its life turned out? How many children have condemned their parents, blaming them and saying, "I was a child, how was I to know the consequences of the lack of a good education? It is your fault that I am what I am today, you should have forced me to go further in my education."

I am who I am today, because I feared the wrath of my loving parents.

S-word

No doubt.

You are correct in this instance my dear friend, of that you can have no doubt.

Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong. Thomas Jefferson

Ignorance is preferable to error, it’s said
Less remote from the truth, is one who is dead
Or one who believes nothing, you see
Than, "who believes wrong," which refers to me.

Though correct according to data today
Tomorrow these truths will all pass away
New data of which my mind evolves on
Will prove by tomorrow, that today, I was wrong

So each day I’m correct, although I’ve moved on
From the beasts of the fields who think nothing is wrong
Jules Vern, who put a man into space
Was wrong in his day, but he’s not in disgrace

I rejoice in the fact I was wrong yesterday
For my errors have made me --- "who I am," today
As opposed to the beasts with animal instinct
Who have no beliefs, refusing to think.

They worship the buttocks, behind which they stand
They live by the animal instinct in man
They foam at the mouth, while pawing the ground
Devoid of beliefs, especially one that's profound............... By S-word

Amill

Apikoros

Atheists aren't the only ones who don't believe in consequences after death. There are many theists that don't even believe in hell. And actually atheists can believe in an afterlife or reincarnation, so it is possible for an atheist to fear that his actions in this life can be harmful to himself after he moves on. So as you can see it really has nothing to do with atheism itself, just the lack of a belief in consequences after death. So sure that lack of fear may lead people to follow through on some of their horrifying desires...BUT... it still doesn't explain where those desires came from in the first place now does it...

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Wrath is a terrible thing to receive from one's parents. And Wrath of God is a lousy motivation for anyone. That is simply how it is.

You may want to read about Alice Miller. She elaborates a lot on the matter of parental anger.

S-word

Wrath is a terrible thing to receive from one's parents. And Wrath of God is a lousy motivation for anyone. That is simply how it is.

You may want to read about Alice Miller. She elaborates a lot on the matter of parental anger.

Yes, I agree with you. Wrath was not a good choice of words when speaking of the parents righteous retribution for the wrongs, damage or injury, that their child may have been responsible for. Don't know much about Alice Miller, Doctor Spock was spruking his rubbish when i was bringing up my chidren, I didn't follow his ideas then and if this Alce Miller is against the biblical teaching, "that to spare the rod is to spoil the child," I wouldn't have had anything to do with her either. Do it, experience the pain, and you wont do it again. Life itself will inflict its pains and sufferings upon you and you will learn from that pain and suffering.

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I'm afraid I just can't bring myself to agree with you in this matter to ANY degree then.

S-word

I'm afraid I just can't bring myself to agree with you in this matter to ANY degree then.

So! How many people do you entirely agree with? Not too many I would assume, that is, if you are anything like myself.

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
You miss the point, S-word.

Child raising is one of the most serious matters and most widespread responsibilities around.

To cheapen it as "just another matter" is to cheapen oneself.

And to take a biblical learning over the evidence of fact and serious study is... well, it definitely is nothing that I can respect very much.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Yes, I agree with you. Wrath was not a good choice of words when speaking of the parents righteous retribution for the wrongs, damage or injury, that their child may have been responsible for.
Righteous retribution? Another way of saying justified payback. As if a healthy parent/child relationship is an adversarial one.
Pitiful.:facepalm:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Actually there was a link to total estimated killed. Most were not by Abrahamic religions or any other. Most happens this century and Atheists were in control. You ask me to counter? Hell this is a fricking debate. Defend your ground.

I just see that we are going to disagree. I guess you feel that if you have no God and claim to be an atheist that you cant be associated with others of your kind.

HUMPH. It damn sure did not prevent it. TBH the people caused it regardless of faith but I will carry this line until Atheists stop saying that all of this killing goes on in the name of God because it does not. It is in the name of Man using God as a cover.

Have you seen the total numbers for the Crusades? Nothing compared to 20th century.

HMMMM? Atheists discount the Bible so the 30+ million God killed don't count because it never happened. So let us say in the last 2000 years of an established faith or two. I guess you are correct and this is an imaginary conversation. By my math the Christians and Muslims would have ran out of prople to kill and then killed themselves off.

Damn brilliant.

I have no doubt and perhaps more but it is still nothing compared to any one of the big 3 in the 20th century alone.

Well it is well done but no numbers. The links point to the millions killed as well.

Even if you take the stand that atheism is not a religion you still need consider these were Atheistic entities doing the killing.

I just think it is closer to religion than atheists care to admit.

I think my point may have been missed, probably my fault. Athiest groups and yes they are there act just like a Religious group. They complain about the fundies trying to prevent them from having their murderous agenda and the like so yes they act like a religion.

Per the definition religion does not need a god to be a religion. All athiests may not be religous in the dislike of the fact that some of us have God but the groups trying to remove God are a religion.

You are no better you and those like you spread lies and misinformation. You bend things to meet your agenda. You discount or distort the truth in an attempt to convince people that you have superior morals.

I point out that the vast majority of monstrous killings were done by godless people not those of faith.

9/11 was a pin prick compared to what your kind have done!

Give me the numbers. You cant account for it. How many murders are carried out by the Godless? The liberal press never tells the faith of every murderer or lack of faith they just point out Christians, Muslims and Jews. Again you are grasping at straws.
Actually there was a link to total estimated killed. Most were not by Abrahamic religions or any other. Most happens this century and Atheists were in control. You ask me to counter? Hell this is a fricking debate. Defend your ground.

I just see that we are going to disagree. I guess you feel that if you have no God and claim to be an atheist that you cant be associated with others of your kind.

HUMPH. It damn sure did not prevent it. TBH the people caused it regardless of faith but I will carry this line until Atheists stop saying that all of this killing goes on in the name of God because it does not. It is in the name of Man using God as a cover.

Have you seen the total numbers for the Crusades? Nothing compared to 20th century.

HMMMM? Atheists discount the Bible so the 30+ million God killed don't count because it never happened. So let us say in the last 2000 years of an established faith or two. I guess you are correct and this is an imaginary conversation. By my math the Christians and Muslims would have ran out of prople to kill and then killed themselves off.

Damn brilliant.

I have no doubt and perhaps more but it is still nothing compared to any one of the big 3 in the 20th century alone.

Well it is well done but no numbers. The links point to the millions killed as well.

Even if you take the stand that atheism is not a religion you still need consider these were Atheistic entities doing the killing.

I just think it is closer to religion than atheists care to admit.

Yes I did and that is one reason I posted it. I am not going to split hairs over whether I believe atheism is a religion or not because I do believe it exhibits some of the same traits and your God is youeself.

This is my point, from that article:

Kind of goes along with what I have been trying to say. More have been killed by Atheists though:)

Atheists need to get off it. Humans are at fault the killers will kill with or without God. The difference is some need a scape goat, God.

Careful backtracking there. You might trip over something you have said before.

S-word

You miss the point, S-word.

Child raising is one of the most serious matters and most widespread responsibilities around.

To cheapen it as "just another matter" is to cheapen oneself.

And to take a biblical learning over the evidence of fact and serious study is... well, it definitely is nothing that I can respect very much.

quote=LuisDantas; You miss the point, S-word. Child raising is one of the most serious matters and most widespread responsibilities around.

I realise this my young friend. My youngest grand-child is 24, and the wife and I visit our great grand-children frequently. Although my daughter lives in a different state because of work commitments, she visit us at least three times a year, my eldest son and his son live with us and help out on our small acreage, and our children have never brought dishonour to the family and show nothing but love and respect to we their parents, and we didn't need any help from Dr Spoke, Alice Miller, or any other so-called parental advisor, thank you.

Last edited: