• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To the Non Believers.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
And whose advise do you follow in their upbringing; Alice Miller, or some other so-called expert on parenting?
Did I ever mention Alice Miller?

I commented on your advocation of an adversarial parent/child relationship as indicated by your 'righteous retribution' comment.
Which again, I say is pitiful.

S-word

Did I ever mention Alice Miller?

I commented on your advocation of an adversarial parent/child relationship as indicated by your 'righteous retribution' comment.
Which again, I say is pitiful.

You may say whatever you wish to say my dear friend, that's what free will is all about. Goodnight, it 12.45 PM over here and I'm off to bed.

Archer

Careful backtracking there. You might trip over something you have said before.

Put it all in context. Back to the point though stand your ground with some data. I want those totals please. And yes I still appreciate your attempt at getting the information I am too bust ATM to do the math.

dogsgod

I can understand why some bash Christianity. When Christians make statements such as atheism is a religion, which is like saying not collecting stamps is a hobby, I can see why Christians are ridiculed. I might not agree with how some go about bashing Christians, but I can certainly understand how it comes to this.

The church is competition as far as a state that runs a communist system is concerned. Killing church leaders because they are considered a threat to state run communism is something most people do not condone, but at the same time it is easy to understand why these communist leaders take this route, they are power hungry tyrants. A communist regime might promote atheism because it's none threatening, but to claim that communists kill in the name of atheism is asinine. It's no wonder that Christians are ridiculed for such idiotic notions.

Last edited:

Archer

I can understand why some bash Christianity. When Christians make statements such as atheism is a religion, which is like saying not collecting stamps is a hobby, I can see why Christians are ridiculed. I might not agree with how some go about bashing Christians, but I can certainly understand how it comes to this. The church is competition as far as a state that runs a communist system is concerned. Killing church leaders because they are considered a threat to communism is something most people do not condone, but at the same time it is easy to understand why these communist leaders take this route, they are power hungry tyrants. A communist regime might promote atheism because it's none threatening, but to claim that communists kill in the name of atheism is asinine. It's no wonder that Christians are ridiculed for such idiotic notions.

I said I believe not the christian community believes. Some groups of athiests act more like a religous entity than christians of diffrent churches do. There is no scripture to adhere to, there is no higher power but Dogma does exist.

dogsgod

I said I believe not the christian community believes. Some groups of athiests act more like a religous entity than christians of diffrent churches do. There is no scripture to adhere to, there is no higher power but Dogma does exist.
Then don't complain when you are ridiculed for making such silly statements. There is no dogma attached to not collecting stamps anymore than there is for not sharing in the belief of the theist.

Archer

Then don't complain when you are ridiculed for making such silly statements. There is no dogma attached to not collecting stamps anymore than there is for not sharing in the belief of the theist.

The Fundamentalist Dogma of Atheism

I can do this all day but here is a fact Abrahamic believers have only one thing that is common. GOD! Atheists have the opposite in common.

Pretty much everything we believe that is based on faith is top of the do not delieve list for the Atheist kind of an Anti-Dogma.

DeitySlayer

President of Chindia
Archer, do you even read the crap you link us to? That site has near-zero knowledge of science, or atheism for that matter. "Atheists believe religion is bad" What a load of bull. Atheism is merely the absence of belief in a higher power.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
When Christians make statements such as atheism is a religion, which is like saying not collecting stamps is a hobby,
I'm sure not collecting stamps is a hobby: you just have to go out of your way to avoid collecting them. ;)

Archer

Archer, do you even read the crap you link us to? That site has near-zero knowledge of science, or atheism for that matter. "Atheists believe religion is bad" What a load of bull. Atheism is merely the absence of belief in a higher power.

Bull!!! You can say all you want but denial is as much as admittance at times.

DeitySlayer

President of Chindia
Archer, read this carefully.

The definition of atheism: THE ABSENCE OF BELIEF IN A DEITY/DEITIES

That's it, OK? No hating religion or mass-murder. Merely the absence of belief in a deity. Stop tacking crap onto atheism that doesn't belong there. Do I start saying that Christianity hates all other religions and wants to kill them?

S-word

I can understand why some bash Christianity. When Christians make statements such as atheism is a religion, which is like saying not collecting stamps is a hobby, I can see why Christians are ridiculed. I might not agree with how some go about bashing Christians, but I can certainly understand how it comes to this.

The church is competition as far as a state that runs a communist system is concerned. Killing church leaders because they are considered a threat to state run communism is something most people do not condone, but at the same time it is easy to understand why these communist leaders take this route, they are power hungry tyrants. A communist regime might promote atheism because it's none threatening, but to claim that communists kill in the name of atheism is asinine. It's no wonder that Christians are ridiculed for such idiotic notions.

Quote; dogsgod; There is no dogma attached to not collecting stamps anymore than there is for not sharing in the belief of the theist.

S-words Response; are but there is dogma attached to the godless belief of the atheists. Do you belong to any atheist forum and donate to their cause?

From the Universal Dictionary, "Dogma;" "A doctrine or system of doctrines proclaimed true by a religious sect."

"Religion;" Any objective pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

"Atheism;" Disbelief in or denial of the existence of God.---The doctrine that there is no God or that the word "God" and statements about it or using it are meaningless.

Are you trying to tell us that the atheists, who have been in this religious forum for years, attempting to persuade all christians that they are wrong to put their faith in God's word and who strive to disprove and debunk all that is written in scripture, in their attempt to convert the God believers over to their godless belief, are not zealuos people who are devoted to their godless belief/religion? Wake up matey and open those blind eyes of yours.

Last edited:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
wow, that was really stupid and wrong. And you wonder why people who say baloney like that get repudiated?

I can do this all day but here is a fact Abrahamic believers have only one thing that is common. GOD! Atheists have the opposite in common.

Pretty much everything we believe that is based on faith is top of the do not delieve list for the Atheist kind of an Anti-Dogma.
Wrong, wrong, wrong. Here's what atheists believe: There is no god. That is all.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Are you trying to tell us that the atheists, who have been in this religious forum for years, attempting to persuade all christians that they are wrong to put their faith in God's word and who strive to disprove and debunk all that is written in scripture, in their attempt to convert the God believers over to their godless belief, are not zealuos people who are devoted to their godless belief/religion? Wake up matey and open those blind eyes of yours.

Except people don't do those things in order to "spread" atheism or "in the name of atheism". It's done in the name of reason, rational inquiry and truth. Atheists do not "strive" to debunk the Bible, they are just not convinced by it, and find that people on these forums will make a lot of bald assertions about the Bible's validity. If you knew a bunch of people who believed Where The Wild Things Are is a factual account and you tried to convince them how and why it was not, would that mean you were devoting yourself to some kind of "anti-Wild Thing" religion?

Also, atheism is neither a "godless belief" nor a "religion". Read your own definition.

Archer

Archer, read this carefully.

The definition of atheism: THE ABSENCE OF BELIEF IN A DEITY/DEITIES

That's it, OK? No hating religion or mass-murder. Merely the absence of belief in a deity. Stop tacking crap onto atheism that doesn't belong there. Do I start saying that Christianity hates all other religions and wants to kill them?

If you check back a page or two you may find yourself someone I excluded from the Atheist religion. Are you any kind of member of any kind of movement that is against religion or that supports said movement? Are you sharing ypur views candidly without trying to convince the faithful they are wrong and the followers of the big three Abraham faiths are a danger to the world?

If you said no to both of these then you may not be who I am talking about. Plenty of members here are that way.

Merely no belief is one thing but when someone has Atheist as their religion on this forum that may be a qualifying as you claim it as your religion! Auto & Slayer:) You claim it is your religion otherwise change it to none!

dogsgod

Quote; dogswood; There is no dogma attached to not collecting stamps anymore than there is for not sharing in the belief of the theist.

S-words Response; are but there is dogma attached to the godless belief of the atheists. Do you belong to any atheist forum and donate to their cause?

From the Universal Dictionary, "Dogma;" "A doctrine or system of doctrines proclaimed true by a religious sect."

"Religion;" Any objective pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

"Atheism;" Disbelief in or denial of the existence of God.---The doctrine that there is no God or that the word "God" and statements about it or using it are meaningless.

Christianity is the single greatest influence on western culture and opposition comes from all sorts of believers and non-believers alike that don't appreciate when Christianity interferes with politics, science class, and human rights. Atheism has nothing to do with doctrines of any sort, furthermore, I don't know exactly what your so called god consists of so I don't even know what I'm atheist about as it concerns you, and why should I care?