• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 10 reasons why Jesus Christ Isn't God

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
ah, so mere mortal humans wrote it.
Thanks for the info.
No problem. but i guess you misunderstand , read this to know well:

Islam holds that the Qur’an was revealed from God to Muhammad orally through the angel Jibrīl (Gabriel) over a period of approximately twenty-three years, beginning in 610 CE, when he was forty, and concluding in 632 CE, the year of his death.[2][6][7] Muslims further believe that the Qur’an was memorized, recited and written down by Muhammad's companions after every revelation dictated by Muhammad. Most of Muhammad's companions—tens of thousands—learned the Qur’an by heart, repeatedly recited in front of Muhammad for his approval or the approval of other Sahaba Muhammad had approved. The companions also compiled it in written form while Muhammad was alive. Muslim tradition agrees that although the Qur’an was authentically memorized completely by tens of thousands verbally, the Qur’an was still established textually into a single book form shortly after Muhammad's death by order of the first Caliph Abu Bakr suggested by his future successor Umar.[8] Hafsa, Muhammad's widow and Umar's daughter, was entrusted with that Quran text after the second Caliph Umar passed away. When Uthman, the third Caliph, started noticing differences in the dialect pronunciation of the Qur’an, he requested Hafsa to allow him to use the Qur’an text in her possession to be set as the standard dialect, the Quraish dialect, also called Fus'ha (Modern Standard Arabic). Before returning that Qur'an text to Hafsa, Uthman immediately made several copies of Abu Bakr's Qur’anic compilation and ordered all other texts to be burned. This process of formalization of the orally transmitted text to Abu Bakr's Qur'anic text is known as the "Uthmanic recension".[9] The present form of the Qur’an text is accepted by most scholars as the original version compiled by Abu Bakr shortly after Muhammad's death.[9][10]

Last edited:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
No problem. but i guess you misunderstand , read this to know well:

Islam holds that the Qur’an was revealed from God to Muhammad orally through the angel Jibrīl (Gabriel) over a period of approximately twenty-three years, beginning in 610 CE, when he was forty, and concluding in 632 CE, the year of his death.[2][6][7] Muslims further believe that the Qur’an was memorized, recited and written down by Muhammad's companions after every revelation dictated by Muhammad. Most of Muhammad's companions—tens of thousands—learned the Qur’an by heart, repeatedly recited in front of Muhammad for his approval or the approval of other Sahaba Muhammad had approved. The companions also compiled it in written form while Muhammad was alive. Muslim tradition agrees that although the Qur’an was authentically memorized completely by tens of thousands verbally, the Qur’an was still established textually into a single book form shortly after Muhammad's death by order of the first Caliph Abu Bakr suggested by his future successor Umar.[8] Hafsa, Muhammad's widow and Umar's daughter, was entrusted with that Quran text after the second Caliph Umar passed away. When Uthman, the third Caliph, started noticing differences in the dialect pronunciation of the Qur’an, he requested Hafsa to allow him to use the Qur’an text in her possession to be set as the standard dialect, the Quraish dialect, also called Fus'ha (Modern Standard Arabic). Before returning that Qur'an text to Hafsa, Uthman immediately made several copies of Abu Bakr's Qur’anic compilation and ordered all other texts to be burned. This process of formalization of the orally transmitted text to Abu Bakr's Qur'anic text is known as the "Uthmanic recension".[9] The present form of the Qur’an text is accepted by most scholars as the original version compiled by Abu Bakr shortly after Muhammad's death.[9][10]

Ah, so the divinity of the Koran is based on the tradition that the Koran is divine.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
AND finally written down by humans.

But then how could it be otherwise?:confused:
yes the Holy Quran written by human , and also the other holy books , cos Prophet Muhammad was illiterate ,He recit the Quran to his companions , and they memorise the Quran (word of God ) , then they decide to written it .

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Koran, Quran, and Qur'an (and Coran, I suppose, but it's less common) are all normally-accepted spellings in English.
yes , of course you correct , but i wounder why insist to use only Koran , (it's look like paste it in your mind to North koria ) it's initial letter is "K"

McBell

Admiral Obvious
yes the Holy Quran written by human , and also the other holy books , cos Prophet Muhammad was illiterate ,He recit the Quran to his companions , and they memorise the Quran (word of God ) , then they decide to written it .
Wait, so the Koran is not even a first hand rendering?
This just keeps getting better and better.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I use that spelling simply because that it is how it was spelled on my first copy of the Koran.
ah, you have a copy of Quran , good , now you would have a vise direclty (highway ) to heaven , or you would visa direclty (highway) to Hell ,you don't have any excuses because you read it , there is no other place.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
ah, you have a copy of Quran , good , now you would have a vise direclty (highway ) to heaven , or you would visa direclty (highway) to Hell ,you don't have any excuses because you read it , there is no other place.
Actually, I have five copies that are different from one another and three others that are the same as the one of the other five.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

Yeah, if I'm almighty God, and I want to make sure everyone on earth hears what I have to say, I delegate it to an angel to tell it to an illiterate man. Good plan, God.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

*makes note never to read the quran* Thanks for the headsup, Godo.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
*makes note never to read the quran* Thanks for the headsup, Godo.
no sister if you heard about islam, or heard about Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) , you don't have any excuses , not only who the read of Quran ,(but i guess who read the Quran , or about Islam or About Muhammad (pbuh) would more gulty in God view)

Last edited:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
no sister if you heard about islam, or heard about Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) , you don't have any excuses , not only who the read of Quran ,(but i guess who read the Quran , or about Islam or About Muhammad (pbuh) would more gulty in God view)
Funny, some Christians say the same thing.
It will be rather interesting to see which one, if either, is actually right.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Well for heavens sake stop talking about it then.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Well for heavens sake stop talking about it then.
Auto's right - if things really work the way you say, then unless you know you'll be able to convert us (and I think you'll agree that the chances of that happening are slim to none for some of us), the more you talk about the Quran, the more you damn us.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Auto's right - if things really work the way you say, then unless you know you'll be able to convert us (and I think you'll agree that the chances of that happening are slim to none for some of us), the more you talk about the Quran, the more you damn us.
I know that you hate the Quran and God (and hate the word Allah) , i know why , because the Satan control your view and hide the truth that front your eyes , (the truth looks like lie) and (the lie looks like truth )
but i swear to god that you are feeling pain and sadness , in spite that you have every thing .

that's what God told us in Quran

"But he who turneth away from remembrance of Me, his will be a narrow life, and I shall bring him blind to the assembly on the Day of Resurrection. (124)He will say: My Lord! Wherefor hast Thou gathered me (hither) blind, when I was wont to see? (125)He will say: So (it must be). Our revelations came unto thee but thou didst forget them. In like manner thou art forgotten this Day. (126)"

Demonic Kitten

I know that you hate the Quran and God (and hate the word Allah) , i know why , because the Satan control your view and hide the truth that front your eyes , (the truth looks like lie) and (the lie looks like truth )
but i swear to god that you are feeling pain and sadness , in spite that you have every thing .

that's what God told us in Quran

"But he who turneth away from remembrance of Me, his will be a narrow life, and I shall bring him blind to the assembly on the Day of Resurrection. (124)He will say: My Lord! Wherefor hast Thou gathered me (hither) blind, when I was wont to see? (125)He will say: So (it must be). Our revelations came unto thee but thou didst forget them. In like manner thou art forgotten this Day. (126)"

Gee...you seem to have all the answers so answer me this one... Most of the people that are responding to you are Atheist. That means that not only do they not believe in God, but they don't believe in Satan. For me I believe that there is some sort of Divinity out there, but I don't believe in Satan either. So here is my question...

How is Satan supposed to be controlling us when we don't even believe in his/hers/its existence?

I am only going to say this once... You are wasting your time. You are not going to convert anyone here by pushing your beliefs and peddling them as truth. The only thing that would get me to convert is if Allah himself came down and told me personally that I had to follow him and that Islam was the only right way to do so.