• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 10 reasons why Jesus Christ Isn't God

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I know that you hate the Quran and God (and hate the word Allah) , i know why , because the Satan control your view and hide the truth that front your eyes , (the truth looks like lie) and (the lie looks like truth )
but i swear to god that you are feeling pain and sadness , in spite that you have every thing .
Nope. I don't hate the Quran and I don't hate God. I have a copy of the Quran and I have tried to read it, but found it rather boring. I know it's an influential book and because of this I want to understand it better, so hopefully one day I'll give it another shot.

As for God, I think it would be silly to hate something I don't think exists.

that's what God told us in Quran

"But he who turneth away from remembrance of Me, his will be a narrow life, and I shall bring him blind to the assembly on the Day of Resurrection. (124)He will say: My Lord! Wherefor hast Thou gathered me (hither) blind, when I was wont to see? (125)He will say: So (it must be). Our revelations came unto thee but thou didst forget them. In like manner thou art forgotten this Day. (126)"
I actually find my life to be very broad and rewarding, thank you very much. With no expectation of an afterlife, I think it's in my best interest to make as much as I can out of the life I have.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Nope. I don't hate the Quran and I don't hate God. I have a copy of the Quran and I have tried to read it, but found it rather boring. I know it's an influential book and because of this I want to understand it better, so hopefully one day I'll give it another shot.
thank you for you sincerity ,and for your serieus expresses ,
1 - you tell that you found it rather boring ,that's because many of reasons , 1- you read the translation of the Quran , not the Quran , and you of course you don't read it in arabic , in this case you would never reach sweet of reading it in arabic .
2- The Satan
3- you don't use the explication of the Quran , because the each verse (ayah) have a reason , (why god said this and that ?)
the explicaion of Quran called (tafsir )
and this site i guess is very good site of the explication of Quran Tafsir.com Tafsir Ibn Kathir

I actually find my life to be very broad and rewarding, thank you very much. With no expectation of an afterlife, I think it's in my best interest to make as much as I can out of the life I have.
you would never reach the real happeness until knowing your God , even you rich , or famous or ....etc , and that what i feel in your sentence

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
thank you for you sincerity ,and for your serieus expresses ,
1 - you tell that you found it rather boring ,that's because many of reasons , 1- you read the translation of the Quran , not the Quran , and you of course you don't read it in arabic , in this case you would never reach sweet of reading it in arabic .
Is it more interesting in Arabic? I know that my translation uses some stuffy language (it's an older translation that has "thees" and "thous" in the style of the King James Version of the Bible), but even accounting for that... it just doesn't grab my attention.

2- The Satan
Two thoughts:

- If God really wants me to read the Quran, wouldn't he be able to stop "the Satan" from making it so boring for me?
- Can anyone disagree with you without their opinion having come from Satan?
3- you don't use the explication of the Quran , because the each verse (ayah) have a reason , (why god said this and that ?)
the explicaion of Quran called (tafsir )
and this site i guess is very good site of the explication of Quran Tafsir.com Tafsir Ibn Kathir
No, I suppose I haven't looked into any sort of commentary on the Quran.

you would never reach the real happeness until knowing your God , even you rich , or famous or ....etc , and that what i feel in your sentence
Heh... I'm certainly not rich or famous, but I'm happy enough.

And when I look at how happy or unhappy Muslims are, it seems to be just about the same as how happy and unhappy atheists are. If Islam really is "knowing your God", then it doesn't seem to make any measurable difference to anyone's happiness whatsoever.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Gee...you seem to have all the answers so answer me this one... Most of the people that are responding to you are Atheist. That means that not only do they not believe in God, but they don't believe in Satan. For me I believe that there is some sort of Divinity out there, but I don't believe in Satan either. So here is my question...
I hope that i will answer to all the questions

How is Satan supposed to be controlling us when we don't even believe in his/hers/its existence?
The Satan is very smart creature , if he let you know him , it's over , you will believe in God directly ,

I would give you a simple test , then you would discover that there is a Satan , when you go to some magicians have relate to the Satan or one of his family (nation), to using diablerie effect to the man (victim) , or using the Satan to knowing the future events , or hiding information about you ?

the only way to know that there is Satan , is :
take a serieux muslim with you to this magician (who using the Satan, diablerie) , but before to enter to him He (the muslim) should read some of Quran (in side his heart /hide / secretly )

for all the ways , the magician would ask him (the muslim) to got out . and He (the magician) did not allow to him to get in .

test it then judge , because we did (we test it) .

I am only going to say this once... You are wasting your time. You are not going to convert anyone here by pushing your beliefs and peddling them as truth. The only thing that would get me to convert is if Allah himself came down and told me personally that I had to follow him and that Islam was the only right way to do so.
God/Allah sent his messangers ,For that , and He give us many signs that He existed , He (glory) did not need to down to you (because you are only creature) , but you would go to him (after your death).

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Is it more interesting in Arabic? I know that my translation uses some stuffy language (it's an older translation that has "thees" and "thous" in the style of the King James Version of the Bible), but even accounting for that... it just doesn't grab my attention.
you right ,yes the Quran is very interresting in Arabic

Two thoughts:

- If God really wants me to read the Quran, wouldn't he be able to stop "the Satan" from making it so boring for me?
- Can anyone disagree with you without their opinion having come from Satan?
1-God give you choice to follow him or to follow the Satan (and your desires)
2- No there is some times the person him self become like the Satan , deny the truth , and disobey the God as exaclty the Satan did with God .

No, I suppose I haven't looked into any sort of commentary on the Quran.
we the Muslims refer to the explication (tafsir ) because it's very hard to understand it meaning sometimes.

Heh... I'm certainly not rich or famous, but I'm happy enough.

And when I look at how happy or unhappy Muslims are, it seems to be just about the same as how happy and unhappy atheists are. If Islam really is "knowing your God", then it doesn't seem to make any measurable difference to anyone's happiness whatsoever.
the real happy is not here , is after the death

64:9
[SIZE=2.2][SIZE=2.2]"The day when He shall gather you unto the day of Assembling, that will be a day of mutual disillusion. And whoso believeth in Allah and doeth right, He will remit from him his evil deeds and will bring him into Gardens underneath which rivers flow, therein to abide for ever. That is the supreme triumph. (9)"[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Demonic Kitten

I hope that i will answer to all the questions

The Satan is very smart creature , if he let you know him , it's over , you will believe in God directly ,

I would give you a simple test , then you would discover that there is a Satan , when you go to some magicians have relate to the Satan or one of his family (nation), to using diablerie effect to the man (victim) , or using the Satan to knowing the future events , or hiding information about you ?

the only way to know that there is Satan , is :
take a serieux muslim with you to this magician (who using the Satan, diablerie) , but before to enter to him He (the muslim) should read some of Quran (in side his heart /hide / secretly )

for all the ways , the magician would ask him (the muslim) to got out . and He (the magician) did not allow to him to get in .

test it then judge , because we did (we test it) .
ummm...what? I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. When you say magician are you talking about some one who cast spells...kinda like a witch?

God/Allah sent his messangers ,For that , and He give us many signs that He existed , He (glory) did not need to down to you (because you are only creature) , but you would go to him (after your death).
You may see them as signs of Allah's existence, but I don't. I see things differently than you do and I experience things differently than you do. We are human and we will experience things and see things differently. I can't figure out how to word the rest of my thoughts so they won't sound nasty so I will leave it here.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
ummm...what? I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. When you say magician are you talking about some one who cast spells...kinda like a witch?
something did not believe it , until you see it or hear it by your self , i see and i hear and that the magician who used the Jiny against the human or who used the jiny to show him the future of some one or some thing hide or your past, or your information , this diablerie would disable by the Quran imediatly . that's my experience , if you have a chance to test it go ahead and don't hesitate .

You may see them as signs of Allah's existence, but I don't. I see things differently than you do and I experience things differently than you do. We are human and we will experience things and see things differently. I can't figure out how to word the rest of my thoughts so they won't sound nasty so I will leave it here.

the signs that there is god is more, that mean you don't see any thing .

Demonic Kitten

something did not believe it , until you see it or hear it by your self , i see and i hear and that the magician who used the Jiny against the human or who used the jiny to show him the future of some one or some thing hide or your past, or your information , this diablerie would disable by the Quran imediatly . that's my experience , if you have a chance to test it go ahead and don't hesitate .

the signs that there is god is more, that mean you don't see any thing .

No, I see plenty...I just happen to see things in a different light than you do. I've accepted that and am happy with that

javajo

Colossians1:13-22

He has saved us from the kingdom of darkness. He has brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves. 14 Because of what the Son has done, we have been set free. Because of him, all of our sins have been forgiven.

15 Christ is the exact likeness of God, who can't be seen. He is first, and he is over all of creation. 16 All things were created by him. He created everything in heaven and on earth. He created everything that can be seen and everything that can't be seen. He created kings, powers, rulers and authorities. Everything was created by him and for him. 17 Before anything was created, he was already there. He holds everything together.

18 And he is the head of the body, which is the church. He is the beginning. He is the first to be raised from the dead. That happened so that he would be far above everything. 19 God was pleased to have his whole nature living in Christ. 20 God was pleased to bring all things back to himself because of what Christ has done. That includes all things on earth and in heaven. God made peace through Christ's blood, through his death on the cross. 21 At one time you were separated from God. You were enemies in your minds because of your evil ways. 22 But because Christ died, God has brought you back to himself. Christ's death has made you holy in God's sight. So now you don't have any flaw. You are free from blame.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
No, I see plenty...I just happen to see things in a different light than you do. I've accepted that and am happy with that
I would not push you to accept my view , We are free and responsible what we believe ,

2-256
[SIZE=2.2][SIZE=2.2]There is no compulsion in religion. The right direction is henceforth distinct from error. And he who rejecteth false deities and believeth in Allah hath grasped a firm handhold which will never break. Allah is Hearer, Knower. (256) [/SIZE][SIZE=2.2]Allah is the Protecting Guardian of those who believe. He bringeth them out of darkness into light. As for those who disbelieve, their patrons are false deities. They bring them out of light into darkness. Such are rightful owners of the Fire. They will abide therein. (257[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Islam learns from Christianity. Christianity is Judaism. Catholics embrace Christianity but believe in Catholicism. Jesus came from the virgin Mary. (Pure Sunlight)

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Colossians1:13-22
He has saved us from the kingdom of darkness. He has brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves. 14 Because of what the Son has done, we have been set free. Because of him, all of our sins have been forgiven.

15 Christ is the exact likeness of God, who can't be seen. He is first, and he is over all of creation. 16 All things were created by him. He created everything in heaven and on earth. He created everything that can be seen and everything that can't be seen. He created kings, powers, rulers and authorities. Everything was created by him and for him. 17 Before anything was created, he was already there. He holds everything together.

18 And he is the head of the body, which is the church. He is the beginning. He is the first to be raised from the dead. That happened so that he would be far above everything. 19 God was pleased to have his whole nature living in Christ. 20 God was pleased to bring all things back to himself because of what Christ has done. That includes all things on earth and in heaven. God made peace through Christ's blood, through his death on the cross. 21 At one time you were separated from God. You were enemies in your minds because of your evil ways. 22 But because Christ died, God has brought you back to himself. Christ's death has made you holy in God's sight. So now you don't have any flaw. You are free from blame.

This book is belong to Paul (this is one of his books ), not Jesus (pbuh) , and as we know Paul never saw Jesus (pbuh) in his life , on contrary Paul/Saul was most enemy of Jesus (pbuh) .

- Jesus (pbuh) told his friends that "When ,He would go to god then He will sent the Comforter "
Why Jesus (pbuh) did not said " if i would go to God then i will comeback to Paul and Mark and John and ....etc , then i would sent the comforter "

1. John chapter 14 verse 16: "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever."

Gospel of John chapter 15 verse 26:
"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which
proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me."

Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 7:
"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not
come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".

4. Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 12-14:
"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is
come, he will guide you unto all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me".

I ask you a question in this three verses Jesus (pbuh) talking about Comforter , that He would come after him ,
this speech to his believers /friends or authors ?

of course you would tell me this speech mention to his believers/friends , that mean He never comeback after he leaving his friends right ?

Jesus (pbuh) did not said that he would comeback soon (as spirit or angel )to the authors , He said He will go and sent (not him self who would comeback)

but of course the next return of Jesus (pbuh) to this world (at the near of end of this life)

You called the massive modification/edit of the original gospel of Jesus (pbuh) : inspirations

Accuatly ash is the sign of the fire , the ash is the Books of New testement , and the fire is the original Gospel of Jesus (pbuh)

Last edited:

Danmac

The Top Ten Reasons why your video sucks:

10. As Smoke keenly observed, it is forty-eight minutes long. Scale it down to the top three reasons why Jesus wasn't God and cut the time to, ohhhh let's say, two minutes, then you might have a video worth watching.

9. Cheesy graphics. Come on, if you're going to denounce an entire religion, you might as well spend the money for some really cool effects, at least that's what I do when I am insulting every Christian on the planet.

8. Lame intro music . . . . Couldn't these guys have gotten some hotter tunes to open the show? I hear Kenny Loggins is not doing much these days.

7. Never trust a man with a scraggly beard. That's all I'll say about that. Jesus, of course, kept his beard neat and well groomed. Therefore, he had to be the son of God as he claimed.

6. God doesn't eat and drink . . . Really? That works as astute reasoning for ya? But if God is omnipotent, can't he eat and drink if he wants to? Ahhhh, think about it.

5. Everybody knows Jesus was God . . . look at all the magic tricks, errr I mean 'miracles' he performed.

4. Uhh, if these guys are so smart . . . why can't they get better set decorations? A cool shiney disco ball that spins will go a long way to prove one's dogmatic arguments . . . at least I've always thought so.

3. The Bible says so. And that's all I need.

2. Jesus had to be the son of God because nobody else would be benevolent enough to put up with twelve stragglers who followed him around absolutely everwhere . . . except when he really needed them to get his back with that crucifying thing, then they were nowhere to be found.

1. And the NUMBER ONE reason . . . These guys are NOT funny at all. They should have gotten David Letterman or Conan O'Brian to do this top ten list, then it would have been worth watching.

;) Frubals

Godobeyer

Premium Member
What about the holy spirit of truth? Spirits are earth bound, can fly high as an eagle. Holy spirits come from GOD!
the Holy spririt is creature of God , He is an angel , the Old testement (jews) believe & consider him as angel (as we the muslims) .

Accuatly god sent many prophets and messangers to the jews, God did not said in the Old testement i am two god , and there are one would come called (Jesus pbuh) !!!! the Jews believe in one God not two
only Paul and the authors of the New testement say that .

how they become three no one knows !!!

Last edited:

javajo

44He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms."
45Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46He told them, "This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48You are witnesses of these things. 49I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high." <<this power from on high is the Holy Spirit, or Comforter who comes 40 days after Jesus' ascension.
The Ascension
50When he had led them out to the vicinity of Bethany, he lifted up his hands and blessed them. 51While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven. 52Then they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy. 53And they stayed continually at the temple, praising God.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
44He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms."
45Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46He told them, "This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48You are witnesses of these things. 49I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high." <<this power from on high is the Holy Spirit, or Comforter who comes 40 days after Jesus' ascension.
The Ascension
50When he had led them out to the vicinity of Bethany, he lifted up his hands and blessed them. 51While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven. 52Then they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy. 53And they stayed continually at the temple, praising God.
look, you are doubt between the Holy Spirit or Comforter , than you confirm that He cames after 40 days ? did Jesus (pbuh) said that He would sent Holy spirit or comfort after 40 days? , did He (jesus pbuh) mention the date ? (after 40 days )

Jesus (pbuh) told his friend that the Comfort would :
"that he may abide with you forever"
"he shall testify of me."
"he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me"

these act/signs is mention to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) ,only Prophet Muhammad who testify for Jesus(pbuh) ,and Prophet Muhammad ,who show thing to come (sings of the last day ) ,and only Prophet Muhammad, who glorify Jesus (pbuh) as prophet and messager of God
- not as son of (....) as the jews believe,
or as weak son of god as you believe (killed by human on cross)

Last edited:

newhope101

I also have not got time for the video. I haven't got time for the ridiculers of your thread either.You are obviously addressing believers.

I have no idea why people ever thought God and Jesus were the same person anyway. I think there is one passage in the new testament that says God and I are one. This refers to being of one mind. Many times Jesus says things like the father is greater that I, pray to God though me, refers to God as his father, speaks about the great tribulation as happening at a time the son does not know only the father. I think it's fairly obvious that God and Jesus are separate people.

I have no idea why some Christian faiths took hold of one passage and used it to construct some ridiculous mystery.

javajo

Sorry, the Ascension was 40 days after the Ressurection, and Pentecost was 10 days after that, when the Holy Spirit came. Do you believe in the Old Testament? It speaks of the Messiah as coming the first time to die for our sins (Isaiah 53) the second time he will come in glory. Jesus said no man has power to take his life, but that he lays it down of his own accord, not a sign of weakness, but of great strength and love for the world.