• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump 2024. Why or why not.

flowerpower

So, if someone groped your daughter that's all fine & dandy? He admitted it and 25 women have stated that he sexually assaulted them. He claimed he would sue them but has not done so.

Also, what about his recent statement with Hannity that he would be a dictator on "day one"? :shrug:

The guy is a clown. Clowns are funny.

Something tells me that he's essentially been playing something of a character since he started running in 2015.

In a sick way, it's kind of impressive and entertaining to watch and chat with people about. If the free world is going to burn anyway, we might as well warm ourselves on the flames.

I find it much easier to hate sincere politicians who take themselves too seriously and are just blowhard hypocritical virtue signalers. Like just do your damn job serving the public and move on.

As far as I'm concerned:

Trump = Dangerously insane but kind of fun to watch; and it's kind of impressive to witness one person manipulate so many people so effectively - he's like one big sociological case study. It's interesting - especially to watch in real time.

Biden = The same as Trump but mascaraing as some cringey boy scout who always tries to do "the right thing"

In a way, the two-party system has always been like that. I often doubt whether the USA has ever been much of a democracy in its purest sense and that its prosperity has simply been a consequence of the spoils of two world wars and now 30+ years of militaristic imperialism.

It doesn't really matter who occupies the White House. I might be more cynical and critical than others in my thinking but I kind of prefer having a dark comedian saying ridiculous things

And - no - Trump's personal life doesn't offend me. I don't see why it should. Yes - sexual assault is a disgusting horrible thing (in some cases, actually more vile than murder/manslaughter in my personal opinion) but I'm not going to pretend like Trump is the only person to ever do such a thing, and I definitely don't think he's the first POTUS with those sorts of skeletons in his closet. It's like what someone else said about TDS or something - people simply hate the guy so much (and he thrives off of the hate) that they'll point at anything that might paint him in the worst possible light. I simply don't indulge that kind of attitude - seems really petty and short sighted.

At the end of the day, Trump is just another guy who doesn't really have anything to do with me.

Shaul

Premium Member
You see anger here? Schadenfreude would be more correct. I'm like the cheering kid at the Saturday matinee shoot-'em-up where the Sheriff and his posse are gaining ground on the black hats. It's catharsis. It feels good.

Yes, I detest the man, but, like Rudy and Santos, he's done now. His race is run. He's been cornered by multiple prosecutors now.

And it's easy to know much about how he feels. He's terrified and furious. He rages. He throws ketchup at the walls.

He probably also feels that it's all unjust and that his freedom, his wealth, his children's inheritance, and his legacy have all been stolen from him. That's got to make it an even more bitter pill to swallow.

And he's undoubtedly champing at the bit for power and revenge, which he's impotent to exact. I'll bet that stings for a guy like him

And he needs adulation but gets only jeers and calls to cancel him. States are rejecting him. Hollywood wants its star back. The Crown wants its honorific back. Crowds shout "Lock him up" to his face. Ouch!

To think that when he was president, I generally muted him on the TV, but now, whenever he speaks, I watch with the sound turned up. and I want him to live a long life. I will cheer his demise when his time comes as I did Falwell's, Robertson's, Limbaugh's and a few others, although I would feel a bit cheated if it came before he had sat for many years in prison.
Trump truly lives in your head 24/7. Hope you are prepared for the contingency where he wins.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Ah, so you like dictators, as long as they're on your side of the aisle. Ick.

Yes you've chosen dictatorship. Ick.

The people I see in the US that would be happy with a fascist-dictator-style government where the leader is viewed as some sort of unquestionable god, are people in the MAGA cult. I just finished watching interviews with these people and every single one of them gave the same answer you did - that they'd prefer a Trump dictatorship to a democratically elected Democrat. Which is so alarming to me I'm left speechless.
Like I said. Much better than the hive mind Marxist communist lap dogs.

Twilight Hue

Trump truly lives in your head 24/7. Hope you are prepared for the contingency where he wins.
Makes me wonder if Trump wins , if the leftest Marx's communist Brigade will finally move to Canada as they always maintain they will do.

Twilight Hue

I hope he wins.

I want to watch the US fail. I don't like my standard of living, so why have one at all?

This country doesn't have anything else going for it anyways.

Look at me not giving a **** about the US, just like Putin wanted when helping to elect trump in 2016.
Dang and here I was hoping AOC would become president as my neutron bomb when she is able to run.

But of course she would be my weapon of last resort.

Trump would still make an excellent stick of dynamite again, granted, but I've concluded that Trump is the wrong type of ammo to root out the entrenched parasites in government.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
It doesn't really matter who occupies the White House.
Do you prefer a doctorship as Trump said he would start on day 1? Many Republicans and former Republicans are warning us that we could lose our constitutional democracy if he's reelected, and that should be obvious based on what Trump has himself said!

Yes - sexual assault is a disgusting horrible thing (in some cases, actually more vile than murder/manslaughter in my personal opinion) but I'm not going to pretend like Trump is the only person to ever do such a thing, and I definitely don't think he's the first POTUS with those sorts of skeletons in his closet.

Beware of "false equivalencies", plus I would never recommend ignoring immoral and/or illegal acts by any president regardless as to whether Republican or Democrat. No one is a saint, imo, but some have little to no empathy for others, and Trump is one of those according to his own sister and niece.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
You equated "heads figuratively exploding" with suffering? Sounds like your interpretation is the problem.
So peoples' whose heads explode are not suffering? They're actually people who are having a great time?
Mmkay. However you have to justify it, I guess. :shrug:

Twilight Hue

And these people are ... who, exactly?
Your wish is my command......

Last edited:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Your wish is my command......

This person described themselves as a "light progressive."

So, not a part of a "leftest Marx's communist Brigade."
No idea what I'm supposed to be looking at here.
I don't see any "leftest Marx's communist Brigade" here either.

What I do see is you asserting that you're cool with dictatorships, so long as they're on your side of the aisle. I guess if I were you, I'd want to distract from that too. Yikes.

Shaul

Premium Member
So peoples' whose heads explode are not suffering? They're actually people who are having a great time?
Mmkay. However you have to justify it, I guess. :shrug:
I didn't write people's "heads explode" I don't have to justify that. I wrote "heads figuratively exploding". You can't justify changing my words.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I didn't write people's "heads explode" I don't have to justify that. I wrote "heads figuratively exploding". You can't justify changing my words.
Ah, so it's a joyful thing for people when their heads "figuratively explode," is it?
I get your sentiment, don't worry. I see it all too often on social media from people who live for "pwning" people they disagree with.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The guy is a clown. Clowns are funny.

Something tells me that he's essentially been playing something of a character since he started running in 2015.

In a sick way, it's kind of impressive and entertaining to watch and chat with people about. If the free world is going to burn anyway, we might as well warm ourselves on the flames.

I find it much easier to hate sincere politicians who take themselves too seriously and are just blowhard hypocritical virtue signalers. Like just do your damn job serving the public and move on.

As far as I'm concerned:

Trump = Dangerously insane but kind of fun to watch; and it's kind of impressive to witness one person manipulate so many people so effectively - he's like one big sociological case study. It's interesting - especially to watch in real time.

Biden = The same as Trump but mascaraing as some cringey boy scout who always tries to do "the right thing"

In a way, the two-party system has always been like that. I often doubt whether the USA has ever been much of a democracy in its purest sense and that its prosperity has simply been a consequence of the spoils of two world wars and now 30+ years of militaristic imperialism.

It doesn't really matter who occupies the White House. I might be more cynical and critical than others in my thinking but I kind of prefer having a dark comedian saying ridiculous things

And - no - Trump's personal life doesn't offend me. I don't see why it should. Yes - sexual assault is a disgusting horrible thing (in some cases, actually more vile than murder/manslaughter in my personal opinion) but I'm not going to pretend like Trump is the only person to ever do such a thing, and I definitely don't think he's the first POTUS with those sorts of skeletons in his closet. It's like what someone else said about TDS or something - people simply hate the guy so much (and he thrives off of the hate) that they'll point at anything that might paint him in the worst possible light. I simply don't indulge that kind of attitude - seems really petty and short sighted.

At the end of the day, Trump is just another guy who doesn't really have anything to do with me.
A reminder, TDS is not just a left wing disease. We have several members that show clear signs of it here.

Twilight Hue

This person described themselves as a "light progressive."

So, not a part of a "leftest Marx's communist Brigade."

No idea what I'm supposed to be looking at here.

I don't see any "leftest Marx's communist Brigade" here either.

What I do see is you asserting that you're cool with dictatorships, so long as they're on your side of the aisle. I guess if I were you, I'd want to distract from that too. Yikes.
People don't like Trump, so they say if Trump's elected they're going to move to Canada.
Its pretty simple, although you like to complicate things and warp it all out of context

Enjoy yourself.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
People don't like Trump, so they say if Trump's elected they're going to move to Canada.
Its pretty simple, although you like to complicate things and warp it all out of context

Enjoy yourself.
And do you think that there are not people on the right that make equally foolish statements? In fact if you wanted foolish statements they existed galore after the election and there are still far too many insane Republicans out there. More than 3 in 10 Republicans believe that the FBI was behind January 6. That is far more extreme than someone saying that they will move to Canada:

Twilight Hue

A reminder, TDS is not just a left wing disease. We have several members that show clear signs of it here.
Yep it's those people who make endless threads whining and moaning about Trump.

Those Trump threads are so much fun to read. I had to make one myself about people whining and moaning about Trump who have been making endless threads about it!

PWMETATS. Yep, that one is my affliction. I dare to guess anybody who can figure out what that acronym means!

Twilight Hue

And do you think that there are not people on the right that make equally foolish statements? In fact if you wanted foolish statements they existed galore after the election and there are still far too many insane Republicans out there. More than 3 in 10 Republicans believe that the FBI was behind January 6. That is far more extreme than someone saying that they will move to Canada:

If Trump wins in 2024 , just watch.
It will happen again where people will threaten to move the Canada! ;0)