• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump 2024. Why or why not.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Let's look at another aspect of our man, Donald J. Trump -- what do we really know about him? For our purposes here, I'm going to ignore all charges against him that have not yet been decided by a judge or jury, and focus only on known history and cases were the judge or jury have spoken (guilt or innocence, the sentence not being really relevant).

Donald Trump has been found to have sexually molested a woman, and has been found guilty of defaming her -- twice. Trump has been convicted by a jury of 34 felony counts. He has been bankrupted six times. He is known to have been unfaithful to his wife, just after she bore him a child.

His "university" was found to be a sham, for which he was required to pay $25 million in damages to students who were duped by him.

Anyone care to add anything else?
Did you forget the NY fraud case?

And you mentioned him being unfaithful to his wife. I assume you are referring to his current wife, we know he was unfaithful to Melania at least twice. But he also cheated on his first wife, with his second wife, that was also well documented.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
People armed with guns kill far, far more people than people armed with sticks, knives or bows and arrows. And bump stocks give them even more fire-power. Heck, you can take out dozens and dozens more of those nasty shoppers and their kids with a bump stock modified semi than you can with a derringer before you get taken out yourself.

Don't forget that.
Nope.

People will kill anyways. Knives included as history shows.

People kill people.

Don't forget that.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Nope.

People will kill anyways. Knives included as history shows.

People kill people.

Don't forget that.
You are absolutely hysterical! Too, too funny! :laughing:

One, count'em one! mass murder by knife in 2016, in a facility for disabled people (making escape just a tad more difficult one suspects), and one more, over many hours, in Canada in 2022 -- and that's your counter to 318 people killed and 836 people wounded in 225 shootings in the first 5 months of 2024 alone in the U.S -- up until May 31. (So far in June, the tally is at 64 shooting sprees. Warmer weather makes people crankier, I guees.)

Twilight Hue

You are absolutely hysterical! Too, too funny! :laughing:

One, count'em one! mass murder by knife in 2016, in a facility for disabled people (making escape just a tad more difficult one suspects), and one more, over many hours, in Canada in 2022 -- and that's your counter to 318 people killed and 836 people wounded in 225 shootings in the first 5 months of 2024 alone in the U.S -- up until May 31. (So far in June, the tally is at 64 shooting sprees. Warmer weather makes people crankier, I guees.)
That's fine if you think it's hysterical that people will use something other than firearms to kill people.

Should I have gone to explosives instead? I can provide a nice list for you.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
That's fine if you think it's hysterical that people will use something other than firearms to kill people.

Should I have gone to explosives instead? I can provide a nice list for you.
No, I think you should finally abandon the "what-aboutism" and address the issue. But that would require actually admitting the U.S. has an obvious problem -- the statistics are clear -- which I don't think you are capable of.

Pogo

Hardly. You cant even defend guns as being the only deadly weapon in mass killings.

Try being realistic here for once instead being sanctimonious about it.
Not trying to, only referencing a common impact of a singular event.
1719269657608.jpeg

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Hardly. You cant even defend guns as being the only deadly weapon in mass killings.

Try being realistic here for once instead being sanctimonious about it.
From your own link: "Since 2006, at least 1,068 people have died from gunshots in a mass killing, defined by the FBI as an incident with four or more victims. But another 140 people suffered fire-related injuries, 104 were stabbed and at least 92 were killed by blunt force, according to data tracked by USA TODAY."

So, most of the problem is....? (Hint -- look at the numbers. Bigger is NOT better.)

Twilight Hue

From your own link: "Since 2006, at least 1,068 people have died from gunshots in a mass killing, defined by the FBI as an incident with four or more victims. But another 140 people suffered fire-related injuries, 104 were stabbed and at least 92 were killed by blunt force, according to data tracked by USA TODAY."

So, most of the problem is....? (Hint -- look at the numbers. Bigger is NOT better.)
Which is why I'm not against firearm restrictions that still preserve 2nd amendment rights.

But you know what? The point I'm trying to make is that people are still going to kill each other and utilize other means to do it.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Which is why I'm not against firearm restrictions that still preserve 2nd amendment rights.

But you know what? The point I'm trying to make is that people are still going to kill each other and utilize other means to do it.
And the point I'm trying to make is GUNS MAKE IT EASIER TO DO IT IN VOLUME!

Car accidents happen, and people die. But alcohol and excessive speed make those accidents more likely, and therefore the law addresses both. Go figure!

Pogo

Well duh, given that, should we consider anything to decrease the probability that I might be an unintentional victim?

Pogo

I support Donald J. Trump for president in 2024. Low taxes, low regulations and low inflation and no forever wars= Prosperity
Yup destroy America for your personal gain, Did you not learn about the Robber barons of the 1800s or
are you just that ignorant of the fallout and that disrespective of Christianity.

Obviously it is all about whatever makes you feel good.

Amen

F1fan

Veteran Member
I support Donald J. Trump for president in 2024. Low taxes
Only if you are very wealthy.
, low regulations
More pollution and problems for citizens that will cost them money.
and low inflation
How do you figure that when the USA has among the lowest inflation rates globally, and has a powerhouse economy that many other nations are saying it is helping them.

Tell us how Trump would do better. I predict no answer to this.
and no forever wars= Prosperity
Trump is unlikely to appoint anyone with international experience and expertise which will likely mean more aid to criminal actors like Putin and Netanyahu, and less support for allied countries and people defending themselves against hostility. We are better off with a stable and experienced leader like Biden and not ann emotionally disturbed person like Trump.

Koberstein

*Banned*
Only if you are very wealthy.

More pollution and problems for citizens that will cost them money.

How do you figure that when the USA has among the lowest inflation rates globally, and has a powerhouse economy that many other nations are saying it is helping them.

Tell us how Trump would do better. I predict no answer to this.

Trump is unlikely to appoint anyone with international experience and expertise which will likely mean more aid to criminal actors like Putin and Netanyahu, and less support for allied countries and people defending themselves against hostility. We are better off with a stable and experienced leader like Biden and not ann emotionally disturbed person like Trump.
Boy you are really left wing and confused.
We had less than 2% inflation under Trump.
Biden with his inflation nation spending drove it to 9%. Trump will drill baby drill to lower inflation. Trump made me incredibly wealthy in the stock market plus I have several income streams to draw from. Trump would never pay people not to work and sit home on their *** like Biden. I have no debt and I pay virtually no income tax. We were never paying for wars under Trump like are under Biden. The southern border was closed under Trump. Trump didn't want our nations blood to be poisoned by these illegal immigrants (animals). Gosh did I leave anything out?
MAGA

Pogo

Boy you are really left wing and confused.
We had less than 2% inflation under Trump.
Biden with his inflation nation spending drove it to 9%. Trump will drill baby drill to lower inflation. Trump made me incredibly wealthy in the stock market plus I have several income streams to draw from. Trump would never pay people not to work and sit home on their *** like Biden. I have no debt and I pay virtually no income tax. We were never paying for wars under Trump like are under Biden. The southern border was closed under Trump. Trump didn't want our nations blood to be poisoned by these illegal immigrants (animals). Gosh did I leave anything out?
MAGA
I suggest you at least go to a community college to learn why the explanations given to you are at best marginally the result of Trump's policies and unlikely to continue.
I hope we don't have to find the hard way.