• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump Assassination Attempt

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Not the time, this isn’t trumps fault, the man may have gotten shot and you still can’t help taking your own shot at him. Sick.
Yeah, it kind of is his fault the way he heads a dominionist movement hellbent on white supremacy and turning America into a Christian version of Iran. He's a fascist and fascists often face political violence (that you live by the sword you die by the sword sort of thing).

Yerda

Veteran Member
1720946492768.png

anotherneil

Here's a video with footage I haven't seen until now & I am wondering what exactly is going on:

Note between the 0:21 and 0:32 marks, the security sniper on top of the roof in the background is aiming left; at the time you can hear bangs going off, this security sniper moves around and even seems to lift up the rifle's tripod. He appears to be looking through the scope then lifts up his head to look over the scope. Are these bangs that can be heard coming from him & if so, wouldn't that motion of lifting his head over the scope and lifting the rifle and tripod affect his aim? If the bangs are not from him, then what is he doing?

anotherneil

Here's a video with footage I haven't seen until now & I am wondering what exactly is going on:

Note between the 0:21 and 0:32 marks, the security sniper on top of the roof in the background is aiming left; at the time you can hear bangs going off, this security sniper moves around and even seems to lift up the rifle's tripod. He appears to be looking through the scope then lifts up his head to look over the scope. Are these bangs that can be heard coming from him & if so, wouldn't that motion of lifting his head over the scope and lifting the rifle and tripod affect his aim? If the bangs are not from him, then what is he doing?
It occurs to me that he may have been the spotter; there's another security sniper to his right & he may have been the one who neutralized the alleged shooter.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I am sure that no one is at all surprised by this attempt on Trump.
The only thing that surprises me is that it has not happend before this.
There will certainly be other attempts, In a land of guns and political hate.

The only real failure is that the FBI had not kept an eye out for such obvious shooting positions.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I remember the footage of someone (the Secret Service?) interrupting Bush the Younger's storybook time, informing him of the attacks on 9/11. Surely Biden is it least as well informed?

Biden's comments were very good and I know he deplores such violence. All I am saying is that maybe, in this day and age, a quicker initial comment is not an unrealistic expectation.
Do you think Trump is going to come out and condemn political violence? I mean I know, he got shot, he has had a bad day. I am not expecting him to make much of a statement until he is ready. But when he does, what will he say? Will he clearly condemn political violence on both sides? Or will he call on his supporters to "fight like hell"?

esmith

Veteran Member
Didn't take the time to read the all of the 230 comments, so it is possible that someone else has had this to say.
I place a lot of the blame for this incident right at the feet of the Democratic Party and especially Joe Biden.
When you call someone a Nazi, Hitler, and also say that if Trump is elected it will be the end of Democracy in the U.S. one must assume that it might cause a person to take it upon themselves to attempt to insure that Trump will not be President. Now there may be other reasons for this persons action but we will never know.
It is time to stop the vitriol!

Tomef

IMO, it is a total security failure.
Every rooftop, window, fire escape, ledge, balcony, water tower, church steeple, etc. in a 1000 meter (at minimum) radius should have been scouted, covered and cleared.

Of course, I can not help but wonder if there was a lack of willingness to pay for adequate security....
When nothing like that happens for years, people get slack, as with Shinzo Abe. It’s more the rule than the exception that security gets slacker and slacker the longer there is no major incident.

Tomef

Do you think Trump is going to come out and condemn political violence? I mean I know, he got shot, he has had a bad day. I am not expecting him to make much of a statement until he is ready. But when he does, what will he say? Will he clearly condemn political violence on both sides? Or will he call on his supporters to "fight like hell"?
He’ll definitely spin it into some ‘they’re trying to erase us’ bs, inciting further violence against the ‘deep state’. No doubt about it.

Wirey

Fartist
Didn't take the time to read the all of the 230 comments, so it is possible that someone else has had this to say.
I place a lot of the blame for this incident right at the feet of the Democratic Party and especially Joe Biden.
When you call someone a Nazi, Hitler, and also say that if Trump is elected it will be the end of Democracy in the U.S. one must assume that it might cause a person to take it upon themselves to attempt to insure that Trump will not be President. Now there may be other reasons for this persons action but we will never know.
So, you'd be okay with Trump dropping the word "vermin" from his speeches?

Wirey

Fartist
He’ll definitely spin it into some ‘they’re trying to erase us’ bs, inciting further violence against the ‘deep state’. No doubt about it.
Prepare to see that AP picture with the flag in the background on a ton of merchandise being offered by the Republican Party. They will fundraise the Hell out of this.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I have no clue if there is any truth to it or not. However ...

^ despicable, as are the comments of those who rush to leverage last night's tragedy as a convenient opportunity to denigrate and or mock Trump's opponent.

It reflects an ugly poverty of humanity, one that calls to mind the following from Hillel the Elder:

"In a place where there are no humans, one must strive to be human."

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Do you think Magas play any roll in the demonization & polarization?

Republicans blaming Biden for the shooting....a reasonable person
would see this as not merely specious, but potentially inspiring a
tit-for-tat attack on Biden.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
I wonder if Crooke was a rogue or a pawn of something more orchestrated. Glad Trumps ok, sucks for the others not so fortunate.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox

Well, JD Vance is already blaming Biden's criticisms of Trump as a motivating for the shooter. So I do think this will be a unifying event.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I wonder if Crooke was a rogue or a pawn of something more orchestrated. Glad Trumps ok, sucks for the others not so fortunate.
Another poster thought it a leftish conspiracy,
ie, they sent him. Were that the case though,
they'd have selected a marksman.
Only 100 yards away, & he missed.
The conspiracy theory is a claim that's either
paranoid or designed to increase hostility.