• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump Assassination Attempt

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Another poster thought it a leftish conspiracy,
ie, they sent him. Were that the case though,
they'd have selected a marksman.
Only 100 yards away, & he missed.
The conspiracy theory is a claim that's either
paranoid or designed to increase hostility.
Impressionable mind maybe in a bind. At 20 years it wouldn't surprise. Probably with squeaky clean background too. Less things to tie him to. Makes me wonder.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I suspect the shooter had issues of his own that tipped the balance for him to be an assassin.
There are however potentially very many other people with a similar inclination to shoot people, for what ever motive.
It is not helpful for either Trump or Boden to fan these particular fires.

Their supporter are already riled up and on edge, it would take not much of a spark to set them off into open warfare.
However I can not see either party easing off in their inflammatory attacks.

The outlook for further bloodshed is pretty much certain, it is not a good time to be part of a secret service personal protection unit.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Impressionable mind maybe in a bind. At 20 years it wouldn't surprise. Probably with squeaky clean background too. Less things to tie him to. Makes me wonder.
The left is a very group. Were they bent on
assassinating Trump, surely there'd be many
in their midst with the necessary marksmanship.
Or they could afford a professional assassin.

I prefer to deal with what's likely, rather than
imagining what's remotely possible.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
The left is a very group. Were they bent on
assassinating Trump, surely there'd be many
in their midst with the necessary marksmanship.
Or they could afford a professional assassin.

I prefer to deal with what's likely, rather than
imagining what's remotely possible.
Yup ... He was a registered Republican, also. I doubt a wayward rogue, but likely in the dark just the same...mostly. 100 yards, young boy, AR style rifle in plain sight on a shed. He was seen climbing the building with the rifle on his back, security alerted, 2-3 minutes later came the shots. That's what I've read in the reports so far. Psychological impact to be determined. I'm thinking scare tactics and intimidation. I figure it was an either way effort. The boy was never gonna get through it. The ties that bind, if any, will more than likely lead somewhere or to some specific group.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yup ... He was a registered Republican, also. I doubt a wayward rogue, but likely in the dark just the same...mostly. 100 yards, young boy, AR style rifle in plain sight on a shed. He was seen climbing the building with the rifle on his back, security alerted, 2-3 minutes later came the shots. That's what I've read in the reports so far. Psychological impact to be determined. I'm thinking scare tactics and intimidation. I figure it was an either way effort. The boy was never gonna get through it. The ties that bind, if any, will more than likely lead somewhere or to some specific group.
What about this event points you to a conspiracy?

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Caution at public events as usual.

Mentality for over a decade: Less people gathered together equates to less potential for collateral damage.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
And we'll probably never know all the answers. The thing is, I am fine with that. Maybe I'm just used to it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
This makes me hope even more that Biden loses re-election & want to cheer even more if he does.
Why believe that was real? I can see that to be much more likely to be a false Republican claim than an actual event. Lies like that should make you want to vote Democratic.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
What about this event points you to a conspiracy?
A 20 year old, registered republican @ 200-300 ft seen climbing a shed with an AR style rifle at a public event in PA at a Presidential Rally in July, 9 days after Independence Day. Assault type weapon, close proximity, and witnessed. With all the gun control advocates and controversy over the 2nd, I'm amazed he was able to get a single shot off. It's too whisky tango foxtrot to think it wasn't meant to disrupt with who gives a frak attitude.

wellwisher

Another poster thought it a leftish conspiracy,
ie, they sent him. Were that the case though,
they'd have selected a marksman.
Only 100 yards away, & he missed.
The conspiracy theory is a claim that's either
paranoid or designed to increase hostility.
The problem was why was the shooter able to get that close; on an open rooftop with a clear line of vision to Trump. The gun used has a range of about 600 meters and the shooter was at about 150 meters. This was too easy of an opportunity and showed a major flaw in security. The rumor is team Trump ask for more security, but the Government people, who are in charge of security, said that request was a lie. It think it was these were same people who said there was Trump and Russian Collusion and also said the laptop was Russian disinformation.

When I saw this last night, after Trump was safe, I wondered what will happen to the DNC's Trump is bogeyman and threat strategy, since that hostile rhetoric, if continued, will incriminate them and encourage more of this behavior; 2024 riots. Does the Left have only negativity to run on? Do they have anything good to report? My guess to help the Left wing media do the right thing, we will start to seeing video collages of all the angry Democrat yelling threats to Trump, so the Liberal minions we get a reality check, and can get past this big area of denial, like some did with the "Biden has a clear mind" scam.

Trump can be harsh, but he is one person having to battle legions of hostile media, elected officials, Intel people, etc. It is like a new kid comes to school in 2016, and all the bullies go after him and he is blamed for fighting back. Why blame the one man and not the mob? Doesn't the mob have the upper hand in terms of numbers? Math may not be a strong suit for Liberal Artists.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A 20 year old, registered republican @ 200-300 ft seen climbing a shed with an AR style rifle at a public event in PA at a Presidential Rally in July, 9 days after Independence Day. Assault type weapon, close proximity, and witnessed. With all the gun control advocates and controversy over the 2nd, I'm amazed he was able to get a single shot off. It's too whisky tango foxtrot to think it wasn't meant to disrupt with who gives a frak attitude.
I wasn't addressing what it "meant".
But rather whether he acted alone or was a pawn in a left wing
conspiracy (proposed by another poster). It seems you're
suggesting the conspiracy also involved many who covered his
approach by ignoring it.

The fatal flaw in the leftish conspiracy theory is that selecting an
un-trained shooter would mean unpredictable results.....unless
the claim is that he intentionally shot Trump's ear. Then it
would likely be a right wing conspiracy to make Trump appear
a surviving martyr. That would comport with the shooter being
a registered Republican.....unless it's a false false-flag operation.

“Observe the plans within plans within plans” - Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
And we'll probably never know all the answers. The thing is, I am fine with that. Maybe I'm just used to it.
Probably not all the answers, and as civilians who are at risk, it may offer a greater sense of security not to. I don't blame you being fine with that, but there's no way a follow up effort and digging won't ensue over this.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
I wasn't addressing what it "meant".
But rather whether he acted alone or was a pawn in a left wing
conspiracy. It seems you're suggesting the conspiracy also
involved many who covered his approach by ignoring it.

The fatal flaw in the conspiracy theory is that selecting an
un-trained shooter would mean unpredictable results.....unless
the claim is that he intentionally shot Trump's ear. Then it
would likely be a right wing conspiracy to make Trump appear
a surviving martyr.

Aimed for disruption and shaking up public sense of security seems plausible, if not likely. We have many known antagonists against America and our citizen base. Citizens are very often, at least in recent years, more so targeted than our leaders. This seems to be a global dynamic - It messes with democratic electoral processes by promoting less involvement by its citizen base.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Aimed for disruption and shaking up public sense of security seems plausible, if not likely.
Who do you think did the aiming.....a lone wolf, or a cabal?
If merely to disrupt, what do you think the intent was...
To superficially wound Trump?
Or to kill him?

To intend shooting Trump in the ear at that distance would
risk about 50% chance of killing him. So a 50-50 chance of
greatly disparate results just doesn't sound like something
that was carefully planned & executed.
We have many known antagonists against America and our citizen base. Citizens are very often, at least in recent years, more so targeted than our leaders. This seems to be a global dynamic - It messes with democratic electoral processes by promoting less involvement by citizen base.
My money is on the lone wolf....a disturbed
individual with motives not yet clear.

Tomef

Aimed for disruption and shaking up public sense of security seems plausible, if not likely. We have many known antagonists against America and our citizen base. Citizens are very often, at least in recent years, more so targeted than our leaders. This seems to be a global dynamic - It messes with democratic electoral processes by promoting less involvement by its citizen base.
Plausible based on what? The US has a history of far higher numbers of serial killers and other lone killers than any other developed nation. A lone gunman is practically a tradition there. Forays into meaningless suppositions aren’t needed when there are so many obvious precedents. You have several people a year there deciding to shoot people to make some sort of statement, and the obvious effect in this case will be more political engagement, not less. That’s a no-brainer.

tytlyf

Not Religious
From your link.
but federal campaign finance reports also show he gave $15 to a progressive political action committee on Jan. 20, 2021, the day President Joe Biden was sworn in to office."
That donation isn't proven to be from him.
There's a lot of Thomas Crooks in Pennsylvania.
It wouldn't make sense anyways for the donation to be from a 17 year old months after an election.

EDIT: There's also a law that prohibits minors (17 and younger) from donating to PAC's, etc.

Last edited: