• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump Assassination Attempt

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

Betho_br

Wild that the Secret Service supposedly increased their security measures due to this separate threat, yet the attempt was still able to happen.
Does anyone know if Trump were assassinated at that specific moment, who would benefit on the right (Republican party, etc...)? Thank you.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is slower, but it is no slouch. It is significantly faster than a .22lr and more than twice the velocity of a 9mm round. Granted, the latter is a handgun, but it will do clearly more damage than lower velocity round.
The energy delivered into the target is a result of bullet size, bullet velocity, and bullet design. Modern 5.56mm diameter rounds are small and light, for easy transport and deployment. What they lack in size they make up for in velocity, so you'll get stopping power comparable to an older, slower, heavier .30 caliber round.

Last edited:

RestlessSoul

It depends on implication and usage. We used to berate the soviets as "godless commies." We even added "In God We trust" to our money and "under God" to the pledge of allegiance, just to thumb our noses at them.
In the chauvinist slogan "godless commie," godless was meant as an insult."

I thought it said “in God we trust” on your money because in the USA, money is God?

Laniakea

Not of this world
Very sensible approach.
But I guess when random people listen to some politicians say "we gotta stop Trump in one way or another", some geek can take them at their word. Another politician said "he has to be eliminated".
It's so grotesque not to say absurd...that many of those lost their long term memory, now. ;)
Especially when that geek is a young kid who didn't fit in when he was in school, and probably continued to not fit in as an adult. Got kicked out of a rifle club. Then after listening to how Trump is the "biggest threat to the country and must be eliminated", he saw his chance to be a "hero" in the eyes of those he was listening to, and thought killing Trump would make him a "somebody".

Laniakea

Not of this world
What I find most entertaining about this is that the ones claiming Biden is to blame because of these type words are the same ones that had a hissy fit when Trump was accused of egging on the jan 6 riots.
Even if true, why was Biden supposedly emulating Trump if he thought Trump was so terrible?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
What I have been hearing for months is "Trump has to be stopped in one way or another".
That's the appropriate response to someone who wants to be a dictator and says he can have political rivals assassinated as an official act. He's also a traitor who lied about the election and died irreparable damage to it. Due to his lies he is also responsible for the deaths of over 1,000,000 Americans.
To officially state my views on here, I feel the tragedy is that there's am attempted part before assassination. He's a fascist, an American version of Hitler (and a cheap, processed one at that). People have lost rights due to him, and more will be lost if he wins. His win would strengthen fascism around the world.
If I weren't a Satanic and godless woman I would pray either the next bullet to hit its mark or for his diet to finally kill him.

Shadow Wolf

That event in PA is the most announced attack in world history.
Seriously? It wasn't the shot heard round the world, it didn't ignite a Great War, there will be no plays to live for centuries about it, it won't change history, it's not even like Vlad's night raid when he nearly killed Mehmed II.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Seriously? It wasn't the shot heard round the world, it didn't ignite a Great War, there will be no plays to live for centuries about it, it won't change history, it's not even like Vlad's night raid when he nearly killed Mehmed II.
But it most likely managed to cement Trump's victory in November.
The election is no longer the "toss up" it once was.

Shadow Wolf

Does anyone know if Trump were assassinated at that specific moment, who would benefit on the right (Republican party, etc...)? Thank you.
That's a good research question. Has a presumptive nomination ever died before the election before? Do the fan clubs have rules on this? Do they hold another primary? Does it go to the running mate?

Shadow Wolf

But addressed to theists.
Then they are not godless. You insulted them by falsely representing them and insulted the godless by using the term as an insult.
I don't see any offensiveness in the word godless. God - less. Without God.
You used the word as an insult. And instead of admiting your wrong you doubled down and defended it.
It's like woman. The word isn't an insult. But a misogynist can wield it that way. No word is inherently an insult or offensive. It's the context, it's the user and it's how it's used. You included it with your insults.
You can say that. First Amendment.
That entirely missed the point. That wasn't even what I was asking about. What if I used Christian as an insult (here, anyways)? You wouldn't like it. It would be considered bullying because though the word Christian isn't a bad word, when you use like we do in my atheist and secular humanist group (all but two of us had a rotten childhood because of the church) it would be considered bullying because there's an implied "f-word" before it.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Even if true, why was Biden supposedly emulating Trump if he thought Trump was so terrible?
Politicians say and do what keeps them in power.
If you want honesty and well reasoned policies elect technicians, or at least politicians educated in the relevant topics.

We Never Know

No Slack
It wouldn't be so bad if those who misuse the terms were not doing so on purpose.
Which is the only sane conclusion when it is explained to them numerous times and they still insist on using the terms incorrectly.

Hard to take someone seriously when they refuse to use terms correctly.
IMO many of those who misuse the word aren't real familure with guns. Which in turn is part of the problem. To them if it looks scary then its an assault weapon/assault rifle.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Nobody is going to stop you or learn anything useful regarding the topic.
Right here is a huge part of the problem.
Until such time as there is some sort of official definition of the term "assault rifle" all ya gonna do is chase your own tail.
which it appears you are more than fine with.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
IMO many of those who misuse the word aren't real familure with guns. Which in turn is part of the problem. To them if it looks scary then its an assault weapon/assault rifle.
Yes. It's that extended pistol grip -- scary!

A hunting weapon can be just as deadly, if not more so.