• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is losing the debate acting like a raving lunatic

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
This thread confirms everyone saw what they wanted. All the biases in both sides at work. No surprise here.
That's only because, so far, we haven't heard from anyone who has declared themselves to be undecided. I'm guessing undecideds don't participate in debates like this -- only those scrabbling for their own side.

And yet, it's the undecideds that are going to make the final decision in November.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
and yes, I believe she knew she was lying but did so anyway.
Anything she said Trump will do or has done, Trump can defend himself. He did that.
Eating ducks or whether born babies are killed is a matter of public factual record and there the moderator is right to provide the correct facts. Trump said Harris was a Marxist, and the moderator did not contradict that obvious lie, did they?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Anything she said Trump will do or has done, Trump can defend himself. He did that.
Eating ducks or whether born babies are killed is a matter of public factual record and there the moderator is right to provide the correct facts. Trump said Harris was a Marxist, and the moderator did not contradict that obvious lie, did they?
Sorry eating dogs...even my phone did an autocorrect on that previously! So preposterous is the sentence construction!!

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
She handled herself well and I loved when she stabbed him hard with the comments about small crowds and people leaving.
Granted Harris didn't actually answer many questions, but she didn't say anything outright bizarre like that thing about writting books.
But she did answer economic questions: help for new businesses, help for new home builders, help for families, and the taxes on business etc. that will finance those. And did so within the first 8 minutes of the debate.

PureX

Veteran Member
That's only because, so far, we haven't heard from anyone who has declared themselves to be undecided. I'm guessing undecideds don't participate in debates like this -- only those scrabbling for their own side.

And yet, it's the undecideds that are going to make the final decision in November.
I can't honestly understand how anyone could be undecided at this point. And if they are still undecided, I can't imagine what could possibly cause them to decide at this point.

averageJOE

zombie
This "debate" did nothing to change minds or convince voters to vote one way or another. People who already decided to vote Harris will still vote Harris, and people who already voting Trump are still vote Trump. And people who who are voting third party are still voting third party, and people who are not voting are still not going to vote.

F1fan

Veteran Member
The actual truth is no one is going to be swayed either way from this debate.
You’d like to believe that since Trump was a raving lunatic. Nearly 2/3 say Harris won the debate.

Each side heard what they wanted to hear and probably could have written their response to it before the debate.
But we all saw Trump ranting lies on and on.
CNN Debate watchers polls:
Who is better at handling the economy : 55-35% Trump
Who understands their problemes more: 44-40% Harris
Who will handle immigration better: 23 point lead: Trump (Uh Oh)
Better commander in chief: 9 point lead: Trump
Did debate affect their choice for president : 96% No
Harris favorability: 45-44% Favorable
Trump 39-51 Unfavorable (Unchanged)
High confidence in Trump: 36%
High confidence in Harris: 32%
As desperate as Trump saying he got more votes in 2020 than any other sitting president. Of course he didn’t say that Biden got 7 million more votes. He still can’t admit he lost. The man is disturbed. And a disgrace.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I can't honestly understand how anyone could be undecided at this point. And if they are still undecided, I can't imagine what could possibly cause them to decide at this point.
Anyone who claims to be undecided must not be making any effort to look at each candidate. Whatever they decide will be emotional and not reasoned. .

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Here's my take on the debate:

Harris seemed well put together, till you realize that even though it was pretty obvious that she was lying too, the mods only seemed to call out Trump on lying. The mods were definitely on her side.
Trump was the egregious liar repeating totally false fabrications about 2020 and Haitians eating cats. Harris did not do that.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
This "debate" did nothing to change minds or convince voters to vote one way or another. People who already decided to vote Harris will still vote Harris, and people who already voting Trump are still vote Trump. And people who who are voting third party are still voting third party, and people who are not voting are still not going to vote.

People had expectations of how the debate would go, and I don't think that perceptions of how the debate actually went matched them for everyone. I did expect Trump to put on a better show, but this was nothing like his debate with Biden, where all he had to do was stand there and watch Biden destroy himself.

The shoe was on the other foot in this debate. Harris tended to play rope-a-dope. She would make remarks about her vision for the future, her policies, and her goals, but she always ended by baiting Trump on some issue where he has gone off the rails in the past. That seemed to me like a planned strategy, and it worked beautifully. All she had to do was stand there and watch him blither his way into making stupid comments about killing newborns or pet-eating immigrants in Ohio. He could not get his own positions on abortion or healthcare straight. Did he think that abortions were OK up to six weeks or longer? I don't know what he was trying to claim, but he ended up with Democrats wanting to kill babies. His beautiful healthcare plan to replace Obamacare is still an unformed "concept". He still wants to deport millions of people, and he thinks that there are way more than 11 million who need to be rounded up and shipped out. They are all criminals and drug addicts or voodoo-practicing pet killers.

Trump spoke something like 5 minutes longer than Harris while she just watched him rant and rave. The moderators occasionally had to try to rein him in, but he was his usual verbal firehose when he go worked up. It is really amazing that almost half the country wants to put this blithering idiot in charge of the government again.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
and yes, I believe she knew she was lying but did so anyway.
You expect someone to tell the "truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth" in politics? You have to be totally disappointed in every politician who ever lived and 99.999% of the human race besides.

I wish for more honesty as well but I'm not going to expect total honesty.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
People had expectations of how the debate would go, and I don't think that perceptions of how the debate actually went matched them for everyone. I did expect Trump to put on a better show, but this was nothing like his debate with Biden, where all he had to do was stand there and watch Biden destroy himself.

The shoe was on the other foot in this debate. Harris tended to play rope-a-dope. She would make remarks about her vision for the future, her policies, and her goals, but she always ended by baiting Trump on some issue where he has gone off the rails in the past. That seemed to me like a planned strategy, and it worked beautifully. All she had to do was stand there and watch him blither his way into making stupid comments about killing newborns or pet-eating immigrants in Ohio. He could not get his own positions on abortion or healthcare straight. Did he think that abortions were OK up to six weeks or longer? I don't know what he was trying to claim, but he ended up with Democrats wanting to kill babies. His beautiful healthcare plan to replace Obamacare is still an unformed "concept". He still wants to deport millions of people, and he thinks that there are way more than 11 million who need to be rounded up and shipped out.

Trump spoke something like 5 minutes longer than Harris while she just watched him rant and rave. The moderators occasionally had to try to rein him in, but he was his usual verbal firehose when he go worked up. It is really amazing that almost half the country wants to put this blithering idiot in charge of the government again.
Trump proved what a sad and weak person he really is. He fell for her provocations over and over and over again.